JasonM

36 Year Old Lego Kid

Hello all. My name is Jason and I'm a Lego-holic!

I've loved Legos since my parents introduced them to me when I was about 7 or 8. It's been downhill ever since. LOL Once I got to about 13 or so, I lost track of my Legos and didn't play with them until recently. I've recently started to introduce them to my own children now. I also rediscovered my love of them in the process.

We are currently building our collection (courtesy of eBay, Craigslist and the occassional brand new set.) In the process, I've discovered LDD, LDD Manager and Bricklink, and I'm really loving being able to visualize a potential project and then upload it to see the EXACT price if I were to buy the pieces new. I am amassing quite a large folder full of digital renderings and I'm afraid I'll need 3 or 4 years salary to afford all of the bricks we'll need. LOL

Anyway, hello to all and thanks for welcoming me "back" into the community (I sound like an Amish kid just back from Rumspringa.) :laugh:

Hello JasonM and welcome back.

Hope you enjoy all the good information on this site and the fantastic MOC's.default_laugh2.gif

Hi, Jason, welcome on board from another Dad whose kids had a hand in getting him back into LEGO.

LDD is great, but don't order directly from it unless you want or need the fancy box and printed instructions and so forth... a lot cheaper to buy the pieces on your own. Make a wish list on Bricklink, be wary of ordering from too many different stores, and occasionally it makes sense (and can be a lot easier) to order from LEGO PAB online, but not through LDD.