Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa

Opps, I am late to this conclusion party! :blush:

Even though, I didn't got a chance to interact with you guys in this game but I must admit that most of you did better than I expected to, especially when this is the very first Mafia Game experience! It is truly fun and enjoyable to see the simplistic game mechanisms being shown again! :tongue:

You guys are awesome! Thanks to Sandy! We have finally concluded our very first Mafia School! :thumbup:

Nice set for a well-told story, Sandy. Once again you've hosted a great mafia game, although I came to think there should have been more night actions in it. Standart night actions, such as the blocker (town or scum), the night action cop (it's called watcher, right?), a neutral, vigilante and so on would have made it more interesting and are essential for "advanced" mafia games. Nevertheless, you've done a good job, and did a fabulous execution on your mod-kill.

Nice set for a well-told story, Sandy. Once again you've hosted a great mafia game, although I came to think there should have been more night actions in it. Standart night actions, such as the blocker (town or scum), the night action cop (it's called watcher, right?), a neutral, vigilante and so on would have made it more interesting and are essential for "advanced" mafia games. Nevertheless, you've done a good job, and did a fabulous execution on your mod-kill.

There was a cop, that's the investigator, captain observant. :tongue: A watcher is different.

The point was to make it simple so people can get use to simple elements before moving onto something more advanced...

You're good. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I know, I must be psychic. :tongue:

That would've been too unfair in my opinion. There have been games where only one player has survived in the end, after all.

As comments to this topic are waning, I want to throw some mood pictures from Isla Paradisa (used in the "brochure" in the sign-up topic) as a dessert of sorts. Enjoy!

IMGs

Great pictures, Sandy! I especially like the modifications you made to 6416 Poolside Paradise, it looks really great as the Magnolia Lodge. :thumbup:

BTW, how long did it take you to build all the sets?

Yeah, I think that there could've been one or two more night actions, but it was a small game, so I can understand. I don't know how a blocker would've been able to fit in, because it seemed to me that the scum chose which member killed which townie at night, kind of like in Infection. Believe it or not, RvB claimed to me that he was a blocker before we lynched him. :wacko: Also, a night action cop is called a Flavor Cop. :wink: A watcher watches a player and sees who targets them at night.

The night actions weren't my choice, exactly. I discussed them with Dragonator and we saw best to only include the most basic night actions. That way the players could always trust the host to tell them the truth, which is essential when you're trying to teach something to someone.

BTW, how long did it take you to build all the sets?

Not long at all, just a few evenings.

The night actions weren't my choice, exactly. I discussed them with Dragonator and we saw best to only include the most basic night actions. That way the players could always trust the host to tell them the truth, which is essential when you're trying to teach something to someone.

Yeah, when I first found out that Doc was the Cop we were a bit worried that he might be naive or insane. I think those kinds of variations on roles are really meant for advanced games.

Panda? :tongue:

Ahem. :blush:

Sorry.

Yeah, I think that there could've been one or two more night actions, but it was a small game, so I can understand. I don't know how a blocker would've been able to fit in...

Very well if the blocker had been scum!

That said, it was great with the just essential roles, and additional night actions may have been distracting. I believe the aim was to understand the mechanics, which I also believe this game achieved brilliantly.

Once again, great pictures and sets Sandy. :sweet:

Ahem. :blush:

Sorry.

That's what the game is about, right? :tongue:

Very well if the blocker had been scum!

That said, it was great with the just essential roles, and additional night actions may have been distracting. I believe the aim was to understand the mechanics, which I also believe this game achieved brilliantly.

But of course. However, in order to make the game equally balanced, games with a scum blocker will almost always have a town blocker as well. This game really had a great balance to it. That's the good part of simple games, it's easier to achieve a nice balance.

You have a doplhin, no fair. :hmpf_bad:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Nice pictures Sandy!

Well, good news is they come in some of the older beach Belville sets as well as Paradisa. :wub: If all goes well, I should have my hands on one of them soon... :wub:

I'm very glad it was just the simple roles, as I'm not familiar with most of the advanced ones. :wacko: It seems like every day one of the 'All-stars' is mentioning some other new advanced role that I've never heard of before.

Also, is there one page in the Mafia Wiki that has a list of ALL the possible roles that can be used in a game? I seem to have missed-placed that page.. :hmpf_bad:

Why are we posting this? :look:

paradisa-kylan.jpg

You have come to Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort to seek true love, harmony and relaxation. You are Norwegian, and your interests include sailing and bodybuilding. You wish to see the world, but since you come from a wealthy family, the poverty you’ve seen abroad bothers you deeply. That’s why you prefer the open seas and solitary islands.

You are an innocent member of the Town. You have no night actions to use during the night phase. On a day phase, you can vote people you think belong to the Mafia.

Thanks Sandy for all your hard work.

And thanks Panda, you made playing a little bit fun for me. :grin:

I'm very glad it was just the simple roles, as I'm not familiar with most of the advanced ones. :wacko: It seems like every day one of the 'All-stars' is mentioning some other new advanced role that I've never heard of before.

Also, is there one page in the Mafia Wiki that has a list of ALL the possible roles that can be used in a game? I seem to have missed-placed that page.. :hmpf_bad:

This page gives a general overview of a few of the more simplistic roles, and this page has an extensive list of most (if not all) roles used in mafia. :wink:

Why are we posting this? :look:

I don't know if it's a customary thing for mafia games or not, but I remember seeing players posting their Role PMs at the conclusion, I believe it's in Bloodbrick or Werewolf.

With regards to the roles, I'm quite ok with having only the basic roles as it really made the game simpler and easier to understand for us newbies. Though I wonder how I would've fared if I played my first game in a regular mafia game with all the experienced "All-Stars" and advanced roles in the mix. :look:

With regards to the roles, I'm quite ok with having only the basic roles as it really made the game simpler and easier to understand for us newbies. Though I wonder how I would've fared if I played my first game in a regular mafia game with all the experienced "All-Stars" and advanced roles in the mix. :look:

I agree. I think it was easier for all of us players (and I'm sure Sandy had an easier time coordinating only three night actions). Plus I think it's easier to learn to be a Vanilla Townie before you learn how to have a Power Role. (and I can say that because I had a Power Role and honestly I'd feel quite helpless without one now)

Thanks! :sweet:

No problem. :sweet:

Those pages are a huge help. I literally had no idea what was going on in Bloodbrick until someone posted a link to the site. :thumbup:

Plus I think it's easier to learn to be a Vanilla Townie before you learn how to have a Power Role. (and I can say that because I had a Power Role and honestly I'd feel quite helpless without one now)

For first timers, I guess having a Power Role right away might seem to be more difficult, but both you and Kartoffel really did well (with some bit of luck in the side finding each other on Night One) effectively hiding your roles throughout the game.

And even if I had no power role, I didn't really feel helpless at all, that is because I found a 'trust group' right from the start (and luckily you, the Cop, were one of them). That's why I'm also impressed how Baylego/Vanya played without much private communication with our 'core town group'.

And even if I had no power role, I didn't really feel helpless at all, that is because I found a 'trust group' right from the start (and luckily you, the Cop, were one of them). That's why I'm also impressed how Baylego/Vanya played without much private communication with our 'core town group'.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. You were a Vanilla Townie, so now if you play an advanced game with a Power Role, that'll be like a bonus to you. Me, if I go and end up as a Vanilla Townie...

For first timers, I guess having a Power Role right away might seem to be more difficult, but both you and Kartoffel really did well (with some bit of luck in the side finding each other on Night One) effectively hiding your roles throughout the game.

I concur. I'm really lucky to have found you and Doc and joined your 'trust group' as early as I did, however, I don't think it was a good idea to broadcast it as we did. I think one of the main reasons that Baylego did so well was because he lay low on both radars. The scum wouldn't see him as a very good target, and even though we suspected him slightly, it wasn't nearly as much as we suspected dr jones, Euvor, smittyfan, and DTBM. I was actually planning on getting Doc to investigate him, though. :blush:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

...you and Doc...Doc to investigate him...

This was actually one of the things that drove me nuts. Everyone was calling me Doc, and I was calling Kartoffel the Doc, and other people referred to the Doctor as the Doc, and pretty soon I had no idea which was which. :laugh:

This was actually one of the things that drove me nuts. Everyone was calling me Doc, and I was calling Kartoffel the Doc, and other people referred to the Doctor as the Doc, and pretty soon I had no idea which was which. :laugh:

Oh, I'm sorry, KDM referred to you as "Doc" and I thought that was what you wanted to be called. :blush:

Oh, I'm sorry, KDM referred to you as "Doc" and I thought that was what you wanted to be called. :blush:

No no, I have no problem with being called that (I actually like it), it just confused me during the game. :blush:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. You were a Vanilla Townie, so now if you play an advanced game with a Power Role, that'll be like a bonus to you. Me, if I go and end up as a Vanilla Townie...

There's nothing wrong with being a Vanilla Townie. :classic: Sure, you don't know anything, and can't do much, but it means you kinda have the freedom to step out a little, and the advantage of knowing that you don't have to lie at all, (or at least shouldn't because you have no reason to.) :wink:

There's nothing wrong with being a Vanilla Townie. :classic: Sure, you don't know anything, and can't do much, but it means you kinda have the freedom to step out a little, and the advantage of knowing that you don't have to lie at all, (or at least shouldn't because you have no reason to.) :wink:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. In fact, I was saying that in these School Games it's nice and simple to play one for your first game.

Sign in to follow this