Sign in to follow this  
ImpendingDoom

MOC: Toy Story 3 Pod Racer

This is my licensed theme pod racer MOC. I chose Toy story 3 and wanted to design the engines around characters in the #7789 Lotso’s Dump Truck set. The pilot is Lotso Huggin' and he is controlling engines based off the other two characters in the set, Stretch and Chunk. The pod is supposed to represent his dump truck.

I entered this in FBTB's 2011 pod racer contest. The rules say that I had to make a non-star wars, LEGO licensed theme. Link to the contest: http://www.fbtb.com

Here is my flickr page, more photos to come! http://www.flickr.com/photos/55144485@N07/

5575638795_d139ea4911.jpg

Here is a back shot of one of my engines and also the dump truck pod.

5575638941_eae864986c.jpg

Edited by ImpendingDoom

I love the design, never would have thought of it. Maybe you could include stretch and chunk he figures into part of he engine.

Wonderful! :laugh: Very nice idea to base the engines of his buddies... I am thankful though that you didn't include Ken.

I love this entry ImpendingDoom! :wub: It's great to see how you've incorporated four of the TS3 villain elements in there - Lotso as the driver, the yellow truck as the pod, and Chunk and Stretch as the engine thrusters. Excellent work! :thumbup:

I saw this on FBTB, and it was instantly my favourite. Great job. I love how you incorporated their faces, and the dump truck pod is awesome. I hope you win :thumbup:

AWESOME creation there 'ImpendingDoom', where Jedi's use the force.....Lotso uses hugs and being an a-hole ! :laugh:

Excellent engines and nice pod too ! :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest and Brick On Podrace On ! :grin:

That's a terribly odd and silly MOC. Great work! :tongue:

There are some other characters that could have been included (Twitch would be nice), but it still works perfectly.

I didnt read what the pod engines were but looking at it again I see that it is two of lotso's lackeys!!! So clever.

What a brilliant idea-awesome!! Very creative in the way of integrating two different themes. The details are great and inspirational. :oh: Thanks for sharing!

Awesome! I love all the colour and silliness of it. And being brilliantly built helps. :wink:

These sorts of creations are usually my favorites. If it looks like it was great fun to put together, then generally it's a fantastic MOC.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the very Zurgish element of one of the engines. Not an idea I'd thought of, but I wish I had. Lotso seems very appropriate too, I assume he's taken the position of Sebulba? :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Very awesome design love the idea of the dump truck for the pod racer cockpit. Cant wait for my son to wake up this morning to show him this impressive build.

Ha ha :laugh: , funny to see those characters turned into engines, I especially like chunk's face on that. Nice to see a non-star wars pod racer. :classic:

Yes, this is a very nice entry. It was indeed an interesting choice to have two different engines based on each of Lotso's posse and it was very well executed as well. The 45 votes you got are very well deserved. :thumbup: The only thing that could be fixed would be Chunk's eyes. If this is supposed to be his angry face, they should be red. Otherwise just turn his frown upside down, literally. :grin:

Good luck in the race!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi