Siegfried

LEGO torch fashion

41 members have voted

1. 1. What is more distasteful?

• The guy with no pants
    • The guy with no top

I was out shopping and I ran into this.

post-1554-130180479357.jpg

I then gave it too much thought on what was worse; the guy with no pants or the guy with topless-sleeves? I couldn't decided so I'm here asking for help.

Just to dob myself in, I voted guy with no pants, because for some reason its socially acceptable, in certain public situations at least, for a guy to walk around topless. Not that I have a problem with this *coughs nervously*...

Just to dob myself in, I voted guy with no pants, because for some reason its socially acceptable, in certain public situations at least, for a guy to walk around topless. Not that I have a problem with this *coughs nervously*...

But what's keeping his sleeves in place? :look:

I can't see anything. It just says Posted Image. Any thoughts on why?

I can't see anything. It just says Posted Image. Any thoughts on why?

Yeah, I was using a different hosting site. Thanks for showing me that it doesn't work as advertised! :laugh:

I've "fixed" it now.

I've seen these torchlights before, but I never noticed the wrong fashion sense of these. I voted for the pantsless version as more distasteful, but if I have to get one, I'd still go with that. :grin:

Probably it's like the garterized sleeves used by basketball players. But they still look silly on a bare-chested body.

Yup, saw the one with no pants the other day in TRU. He kind of scared me a little, the perv!

You should switch the bottom parts, then you get one full dressed and one 1/4th dressed

On an unrelated note - it was only after I joined the online AFOL community that I realized that yellow minifig legs are supposed to be "pantless" legs.

I... really really don't like what you've done to my innocent mind guys. :sad:

On an unrelated note - it was only after I joined the online AFOL community that I realized that yellow minifig legs are supposed to be "pantless" legs.

To be fair, it wasn't always intended that way: otherwise, the yellow classic space man would be wearing absolutely nothing besides a flesh-colored helmet and a "Classic Space" tattoo.

Apparently, at some point it was decided that LEGO would not in fact produce any more of the yellow "hip" piece, since it was officially declared to represent nudity. Clearly the message didn't reach wherever "extended line" products are produced. :laugh:

Definetely the guy with no trousers(pants)! As a straight man, I'd rather see a man walking around topless than seeing his private parts, but I'd still rather he was wearing a top.

I don't understand why they made them half naked. There's plenty of other colours they couldve chosen, but they had to make them naked...

Yeah, definitely the guy with no pants. :look:

Maybe he just has a really bad sunburn on his arms. :tongue:

*cue Evil Mr. Popo laugh* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOL'd when I saw that. I would just paint it blue if I had to buy it. That makes me wonder if those torches were vandalized.

I think the one with just the sleeves is worse, it just looks odd without the rest of the shirt. As far as the minifig with no pants, perhaps he is wearing yellow underwear/swimming trunks?

I think the one with just the sleeves is worse, it just looks odd without the rest of the shirt. As far as the minifig with no pants, perhaps he is wearing yellow underwear/swimming trunks?

For me, it's easier to imagine a guy with a yellow shirt and red sleeves than to imagine a person whose underwear matches his legs (or for that matter, wearing bright yellow pants).

You should switch the bottom parts, then you get one full dressed and one 1/4th dressed

Switch the arms too then you have one fully dressed and one naked!

D

Switch the arms too then you have one fully dressed and one naked!

D

If only it were that easy! But since he's got electronics in his legs, switching the parts would be a real hassle.

Dude, I figured that out when I was like 14.

I say get the one with the pants. It will make you look less gay.

kidding, but seriously, Lego...Pantless dudes....For kids.... Lol!

I say neither one. Although I voted for the pantless one cause I thought it was funny. Wait for the Darth vader torch to come out. He has a light up Lightsaber too!!