DLuders

Aryogono's Imperial Death Squadron Spaceships

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

aryogono posted many pictures of his IMPERIAL DEATH SQUADRON on his Flickr photostream. They are set on a display table to form a multi-layered, 3-dimensional array of AWESOME FIREPOWER: star-wars-smiley-5472.gifsmiley_emoticons_star-wars-yoda3-red.gif

5581064997_a666259562_b.jpg

"Impressive. Most impressive."

Do I see a victory class in there? What's that big Star Destroyer with the big gap in the front?

Oh my god, that's amazing.

It's very rare to see an Executor MOC, and all of the other ships are perfect as well. I especially like the Star Destroyer Hybrid ship that's next to it.

Also, is that a completed Death Star in the background?

Also, is that a completed Death Star in the background?

Nope, It's just the standard LEGO UCS DSII

(lot of acronyms! lol)

Indeed a very impressive Imperial Star Fleet! I really like how the other smaller cruisers measure up to the Executor. I just wonder why there are a couple of Venators in there (?). Thanks for sharing this DLuders! :thumbup:

Do I see a victory class in there? What's that big Star Destroyer with the big gap in the front?

Gladiator-class, and I also spot some Nebulon-Bs, some Immobilizer 418s, at least one Acclamator, and I'm sure you've all seen the Venators. Nice assortment of ships.

I assume he was going for forced-perspective here? Because the Gladiator is much too large and I see at least three sizes of Imperials (Imperial-IIs by the look of it), some of which are smaller than the Victorys.

There's also some what look like small Imperials with four interdictor bulbs on them. And the Venators shouldn't have dk. red trim.

Nevertheless, it's a truly massive fleet.

:wub:

I assume he was going for forced-perspective here? Because the Gladiator is much too large and I see at least three sizes of Imperials (Imperial-IIs by the look of it), some of which are smaller than the Victorys.

They could be any one of these.

There's also some what look like small Imperials with four interdictor bulbs on them. And the Venators shouldn't have dk. red trim.

Perhaps they're Dominators? This guy must really know his Expanded Universe.

Edited by fallenangel309

Perhaps they're Dominators? This guy must really know his Expanded Universe.

I guess it's Anonymous Cruiser #129382093 then. :laugh:

Ah, I knew something like that existed. Thanks.

:wub:

Or He doesn't know what size a Gladiator, or Broadside should be (:laugh:). I wonder why more of those SD weren't used in any other media, because some are really good.

Really nice fleet, but shouldn't the Venator's be all grey?

And are Dominators converted Imperitors, or custom built interdictors (if custom wouldn't Immobilisers do the same job?).

Considering that most of these are either CONCEPT ART or Stylistic/ Artist interpretations of regular star destroyers/ super star destroyers. I honestly doubt it

E - Just read the Hyperspace page. These are the worst Star Wars nerds.

Edited by simonjedi

Considering that most of these are either CONCEPT ART or Stylistic/ Artist interpretations of regular star destroyers/ super star destroyers. I honestly doubt it

E - Just read the Hyperspace page. These are the worst Star Wars nerds.

Ah heh... I just read the other day on wookieepedia a debate about the length of the Moldy Crow... pages long and a whole lot of nerd rage. I felt embarrassed for them.

Ah heh... I just read the other day on wookieepedia a debate about the length of the Moldy Crow... pages long and a whole lot of nerd rage. I felt embarrassed for them.

There are actually similar debates about the Executor and the Falcon. And then there's also this. Of course, these are far more easily resolved since they are scaled studio models.

And you thought you knew too much about Star Wars.

There are actually similar debates about the Executor and the Falcon. And then there's also this. Of course, these are far more easily resolved since they are scaled studio models.

And you thought you knew too much about Star Wars.

Ah, technical commentaries... half of that site is trying to make sense of the random machines in Dark Empire. I think that's where the clone turbo tank came from, so it's not all bad I guess.

And to keep this post on topic, uh... Well I wouldn't have put venators with all the other star destroyers but I can understand putting them with your other models to make a collection even more impressive!

Ah, technical commentaries... half of that site is trying to make sense of the random machines in Dark Empire. I think that's where the clone turbo tank came from, so it's not all bad I guess.

And to keep this post on topic, uh... Well I wouldn't have put venators with all the other star destroyers but I can understand putting them with your other models to make a collection even more impressive!

I thought the Juggernaut was from a Star Wars role-playing game.

You could say the same for the EF76s. They're absolutely dwarfed next to this Imperial Death Squadron.

Why not, The Empire presumably would have carried on using them, just not with red stripes.

I thought the Juggernaut was from a Star Wars role-playing game.

Nope! One of the original pieces concept art for the AT-AT

The Hyperspace page annoys me the most, because they don't get it. Hyperspace is just a tool to get characters from A to B quickly. The speed varies on the plot, if it's travel it'll be quick. If it's DRAMATIC then they'll arive just in time or too late.

Take Aotc - IN the time it takes Anakin/Padme to go from Tatooine to the arena. is the same time to organise a huge emergency senate, Vote, Gather several hundred jedi, send them to Geonosis and stealthily enter the arena, while Yoda goes to kamino at the same time (from coruscant) see's and mobilises a huge clone army, and gets them to Geonosis Arena just in time to save all of them

Why not, The Empire presumably would have carried on using them, just not with red stripes.

Yup, we know Venators stayed in service with the Imperial Navy, just in all grey as seen at the end of Sith. Whether such ships would be a part of Death Squadron is unknown, but they could probably do well as support ships given their extremely high starfighter capacity.