Oky

May the Forth Be With You 2011

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Well, it looks like Lego finally decided to give away something actually useful this year! According to the May Store Calendar, you'll get an exclusive minifig with a SW purchase of $75. Pictured is a black ARF Trooper with silverish visor, but I'm not sure if that's the fig they're talking about. I certainly wouldn't mind if it is though! :thumbup: What do you think?

And as mentioned before, they'll post a prequel to the

video from last year. :thumbup:

UPDATE: Looks like it will indeed be this Shadow ARF Trooper.

b-arf.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, it looks like Lego finally decided to give away something actually useful this year! According to the May Store Calendar, you'll get an exclusive minifig with a purchase of $75. Pictured is a black ARF Trooper with silverish visor, but I'm not sure if that's the fig they're talking about. I certainly wouldn't mind if it is though! :thumbup: What do you think?

That sounds awesome! Can you post a link to the pic?

Sorry, I forgot to add the link. Fixed now. :classic:

Cool, but looks kind of like a stand-in, judging by the fuziness of the pic.

It's not fuzzy; it's just edited to be very dark. Maybe it's to hide the true awesomeness of the fig. :grin: But yeah, it could also just be a stand-in to build up the mystery.

Awesome I will be there seeing as I just moved and the LEGO store is very close now :thumbup:

Is it as Black ARF or is that just a stand in or silhouette? and the real fig is something else? :oh:

Maybe a sand collored arf from TCW geonosis. Well, it looks like May is a awsome month for me.

Waxer, Boil, or Trauma

Maybe ARF from Movie but doubt it

My bet is on one of the two Skycorps ones

Edit - autocorrect changed waxer

Edited by Muddy

Maybe a chrome ARF :devil:

Interesting suggestion. We've been due for another chromie. :grin:

Interesting suggestion. We've been due for another chromie. :grin:

WE might get a chromie Phase 1 clone, but it's unlikely to be a Chrome ARF. ARF's aren't really iconic enough to be chromed.

It'll be either a shadow ARF or scout trooper, or a variant reprint of an ARF

I'm more interested about the dates of the Lego Store Toronto grand opening! And I'll get an extra minifig the first time I go. AWESOME!

Very interesting find Oky, thanks for sharing. Seeing as the ARF is one of the most popular new SW minifigs recently released, I understand why TLG decided to make this an exclusive minifig. A chrome or black shadow ARF would be great, but I would personally prefer the Geonosis-camouflaged variant. :sweet: But whatever it will be, I'm pretty sure it will look awesome and unfortunately, will be extremely rare and expensive due to its exclusivity and limited numbers.

Hmm... KDM, has a black ARF ever even appeared in CW?

I personally hope that this minifig will also be distributed elsewhere, because the prices will soar if it's limited to this event. The wording of the ad sounds like it'll probably be a raffle or a random giveaway. But if all it is is a Black ARF, I might not really want it.

too bad it isn't guaranteed you will get this figure with the purchase :sceptic:

I would prefer a black/chrome classic scout rather than an ARF

too bad it isn't guaranteed you will get this figure with the purchase :sceptic:

I would prefer a black/chrome classic scout rather than an ARF

Yeah, it says "A chance". 75 dollars I wasn't planning to spend at that time isn't worth a "chance"

Hopefully it will be something interesting and will not fetch too high of a price on the after market.

It does seem like a pace holder somewhat but I'm not sure. It's too early for me to make a decision on that. Hopefully we will learn what that figure in the Minifigure Index book is.

The price ($75 purchase) means it has to be a REALLY good promo item. i mean yesterday was a free small PAB cup for purchases above $75 (maersk train anyone? :tongue: ). a small PAB cup is worth $8. By the way it says a "chance to win." so you're not guaranteed anything then?

No, it says "a chance to get (...) while supplies last", so it could just mean "You'll get the fig if we still have it in stock". At least that's what I hope it means.

Hmm... KDM, has a black ARF ever even appeared in CW?

Nope, only variants with custom-prints like normal clone helmets has appeared on the show.

Wow, I'm soo hunting this one :grin:

And please use our S@H link in the blog, when shopping.

That way you get a promo fig and we get some money for more prizes :classic:

Either this is just a stand in or it really is meant to be black which would make sense if it's an ecxlusive.

If it is a stand in there are a possibility of these ARF's (Not counting the Lightning Squadron one)

Waxer

Boil

Geonosian ARF

Boomer (Boomer would make sense as he wouldn't be in any sets ever)

Teth Camouflage ARF (Unlikely at this stage but as it's exclusive still a chance...)

Kamino ARF Trooper (Likely they appeared in the S3 premiere episodes so there is a chance of them being made)

Commander Trauma

Either way I won't be able to get it because of the fact you have to pay 75$ while I pay with £.

Edited by commanderneyo