Sign in to follow this  
thegurumb

Lego UCS Ebay purchase advice needed please.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, i need some advice regarding a ebay purchase, bought a Lego Star Wars 7191 X-Wing UCS, it was advertised as still sealed, now i know they are about 8-9 years old, i paid top money for it and i received an email afterwards saying one of the seals has popped but the other one is still there, i am collecting these pieces for the future, question is does one popped seal de-value the set???

I know people will say Lego is for playing with but i'm collecting them for my babys future so they can have them to do as they please when they are older ( keep and play or they can sell them )

Should i return the item and get one with the seals or keep it???

Edited by thegurumb

I doubt it would devalue it too much as long as the parts are all intact inside and the box isn't crushed or anything.

The seals detach around 8-10 years. The fact the seller told you about this is a good sign. If oyu are going to open this in 10+ years, I don't see any problem.

On a different note, I would bet a good $ that you kid will not be interested in Star Wars sets 10+ years from now, and sell is what they would do. Given that a better bet would be to put that money elsewhere instead of spending TOP dollar on these retired sets.

The seals detach around 8-10 years. The fact the seller told you about this is a good sign. If oyu are going to open this in 10+ years, I don't see any problem.

On a different note, I would bet a good $ that you kid will not be interested in Star Wars sets 10+ years from now, and sell is what they would do. Given that a better bet would be to put that money elsewhere instead of spending TOP dollar on these retired sets.

If it's truly for the baby I agree.

If it's for YOU however, I say enjoy doing what you want to do. As long as you're not paying with your rent money have a great time.