XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

RIP the only likeable Gungan. At least his death wasn't in vain, as they finally managed to capture General Grievous once and for...

...oh, wait.

That is actually incorrect. While the main focus will be on the Droids, Wolffe, Comet and possibly Sinker and Boost might be leading an attack against the Separatists or whatever is on the planet...

At least, they better have a battle. They can't just throw the best clone there is in there and not make him fight, right? Wolffe MUST fight! :angry:

Didn't you hear earlier in this topic? Wolffe is angry because all of his squad is dead. He's got all new shinies to train. So no Comet, Boost, or Sinker. They're dead. All of them are dead. :angry:

Clones had a lot of acrobatics, too. That's basically all Yoda did. Sith wasn't so bad. Battle of the Heroes did have a lot of acrobatics and action and obstacles and Force usage, but it was the most anticipated lightsaber duel of the saga. The Duel in the Senate, on the other hand, didn't really impress me. The duel with Grievous was just a ton of fast-paced action, not necessarily involving lightsabers. The duel with Dooku was pretty good, though, showing Anakin's call on the Dark Side and the initially equal face off between Dooku's elegant style and Anakin's almost brutal style.

Empire and Jedi still have my favorites duels, though.

Well, the Obi/Ani vs. Dooku duel in Clones had a lot less than most of the other prequel duels.

Jedi was cool, but Empire was kind of...weird, in lightsaber regards.

Didn't you hear earlier in this topic? Wolffe is angry because all of his squad is dead. He's got all new shinies to train. So no Comet, Boost, or Sinker. They're dead. All of them are dead. :angry:

Eh, no they're not. Comet is in this picture here, from the next episode:

Season 4 WOLFPACK !!!

And Boost and Sinker are listed as appearing in this episode via Wookiepedia, who themselves got it from a reliable source...

For your information, Dave Filoni stated that we will see Sinker, Boost and Comet be killed off at some point in the future when they appear. But they are not dead yet...

PS: He's angry currently about the Battle of Abregardo, but will be angrier when Comet, Sinker and Boost do die...

Also, a blog post states this: "He *Wolffe* loses all of his men". So not all of them are dead yet, so some, like Comet are alive and will appear...

Edited by commanderneyo

Empire was kind of...weird, in lightsaber regards.

No it wasn't, it's pretty much perfect. The PT duels were just meaningless over-long time wasters between character's you couldn't give a shit about.

Edited by simonjedi

No it wasn't, it's pretty much perfect. The PT duels were just meaningless over-long time wasters between character's you couldn't give a shit about.

I know, but why does Luke swing his lightsaber blindly at objects Vader's throwing at him? :wacko: I know he wasn't that trained, but he could at least move out of the way. :laugh:

I know, but why does Luke swing his lightsaber blindly at objects Vader's throwing at him? :wacko: I know he wasn't that trained, but he could at least move out of the way. :laugh:

Because that's the only thing he could do, the chamber wasn't that big so he couldn't be distracted trying to get a good footing.

Vader completely outclassed him in the ESB duel, and was pretty much toying with him.

Vader completely outclassed him in the ESB duel, and was pretty much toying with him.

That's what Dooku does most of the time in Clones and the CW.

Well, we all have our opinions. May be me, but I enjoyed the music to Battle of the Heroes and yes, Duel of the Fates too. Though they were both in my mind kind of over-the-top. Moving on to the CW now...which has, in this season so far, been pretty...meh. At least there won't be any Mortis. And I'm excited to see Wolffe.

The latest episode was probably the WORST episode I have seen thus far.

Seriously the separatists need to perform genocide on those stupid Gungans :angry: Why does George Lucas keep making episodes with them!!! :sing: (Not that I approve of genocide but this is a fictional show and I find it HIGHLY improbable such a retarded race could ever evolve)

Sorry for my rant but thus far this season has sucked, the point of the beginning of a season is to draw new viewers In, not turn them off with stupid plots about fish people. :sad:

How the heck did the Gungan General deactivate the droids when the control ship is located in Space???

Also how did the droids even enter Naboo airspace? Isn't it guarded!!!?!

:hmpf_bad:

While I do agree for the most part, the ship is on the ground. That's how JarJar was still alive. :hmpf_bad:

Edit: Ooops, I thought you meant the CC. The doughnut ship? I don't know. Maybe someone moved the control. Typical CW.

Edited by KisKatona

gallery17

This picture shows what Sinker and Boost possibly look like in phase 2, considering all the other clones we know to be are either Comet, Wolffe or generic ones, this is probably Boost and Sinker. Although which is which, I do not know...

gallery17

This picture shows what Sinker and Boost possibly look like in phase 2, considering all the other clones we know to be are either Comet, Wolffe or generic ones, this is probably Boost and Sinker. Although which is which, I do not know...

Nice! C-3PO's really done it this time.... Wolffe looks really pissed off at him! :devil:

I can't remember if Sinker and Boost had the exact same markings or not before... :wacko:

This Gungan episode had what is most likely the worst plot ever, as the people who have already been pointing our the errors have demonstrated. But, it was still better than the first three episodes, just because it wasn't boring. I thought the animation and look of this one were both really fantastic, especially the rainy fight with Grevious.

At least there's one other person on this site who appreciates the animation and doesn't just focus on the plot. I thought the first 3 episodes were brilliant in how the underwater movement was carried out. Obviously none of you have any experience or interest in animating. :sad:

I love the animation of The Clone Wars, and since it's a kid's show, I can overlook smallish plot holes.

My favourite part of this was the unexpected appearance of Dooku, and his pure class in battle. He really looks like he's doing it in his sleep, with all the time in the world. I noticed his face is more detailed and his beard looks infinitely better now. Padme too, she looks more natural compared to the "Polyester Girl" sort of appearance previously.

I really hope Grievous gets something soon, he's had some misfortune. He was so pissed off in this episode! Made me laugh. GAAAAAHHH! *punches desk* RRRRRR! *clenches fists/teeth*

Obviously none of you have any experience or interest in animating. :sad:

Actually, I do. Quite a bit in fact. It's just that whenever TCW gets something right in terms of look/animation, there's usually something to detract from it. For example, I agree with Brickdoctor that the lightsaber fights in this show still need some work as they tend to look choppy. And while the fight with Grievous in the rain had a nice overall look, it could have been better. For instance, they should have made Grievous and all other droids and vehicles more shiny, like wet metal should be, and maybe even have some rain drops dripping down from him. But I understand if they don't have the time to concern themselves with such details.

I really hope Grievous gets something soon, he's had some misfortune. He was so pissed off in this episode! Made me laugh. GAAAAAHHH! *punches desk* RRRRRR! *clenches fists/teeth*

Who wouldn't be if you were sitting in a room with Jar Jar for a while? :laugh:

But yeah, I hope so too. Then again, I've been hoping for that ever since the beginning of this show. :sadnew:

Actually, I do. Quite a bit in fact. It's just that whenever TCW gets something right in terms of look/animation, there's usually something to detract from it. For example, I agree with Brickdoctor that the lightsaber fights in this show still need some work as they tend to look choppy. And while the fight with Grievous in the rain had a nice overall look, it could have been better. For instance, they should have made Grievous and all other droids and vehicles more shiny, like wet metal should be, and maybe even have some rain drops dripping down from him. But I understand if they don't have the time to concern themselves with such details.

(Was quite a broad statement there from me...)

I guess the Eurobricks Forum is not as forgiving as I am :vader::tongue:

Who wouldn't be if you were sitting in a room with Jar Jar for a while? :laugh:

But yeah, I hope so too. Then again, I've been hoping for that ever since the beginning of this show. :sadnew:

:laugh:

"Mercy Mission" was absolutely horrible! One of the worst episodes of all time! Even the brilliant Wolffe and Wolfpack couldn't save it! :cry_sad:

At least Wolffe had a lot of dialogue though :thumbup:

And for those of you who hated the first four episodes, you can't deny that they actually had a Star Wars feel to them. "Mercy Mission" feels like it's from another world, it was so different, and not for the better...

"Mercy Mission" was absolutely horrible! One of the worst episodes of all time! Even the brilliant Wolffe and Wolfpack couldn't save it! :cry_sad:

At least Wolffe had a lot of dialogue though :thumbup:

And for those of you who hated the first four episodes, you can't deny that they actually had a Star Wars feel to them. "Mercy Mission" feels like it's from another world, it was so different, and not for the better...

The premise of the clones on a humanitarian mission is OK but why the have to do it on the planet of the bloody blue imps is beyond me, these guys where so obviously meant to be ewoks, they might have well just set the dam episode on The Forrest Moon.

My god Wolffe's helmet is amasing :wub:. Next weeks looks just as bad.

Next weeks looks just as bad.

What's not to like about next week's one. We get:

1. Adi Gallia vs General Grievous

2. Pirates capturing C-3PO and R2-D2

3. C-3PO and R2-D2 in a gladitorial arena being tortured

4. Plo Koon and Wolfpack launching a rescue mission for Adi Gallia

5. 91st Reconnaisance Clones! :thumbup:

6. Wolfpack! :sweet:

7. A possible duel between Plo Koon and Grievous?

I don't see what's not to like? It's going to be an EPIC episode! Possibly the best of the season out of the first six...

From what I read the whole premise of the episode (the A plot is you like) is more droid shenanigans :hmpf_bad:. But I bow to your Superior CW knowledge commanderneyo :classic:.

On a different more upbeat note maybe the reason Boss Rugum was introduced is so GL can do what every fan in the world now wants and kill of Jar Jar in CW and retcon the gungan in Padma's funeral scene to be Boss Rugal. All those in favour of Jar Jar dieing a horrible painful death and continuity being preserved say aye :laugh:.

:look: Riiiight... :hmpf: this is gonna be another one of those episodes...

:sick: I never thought I'd see fairies combined with music almost more fitting for a ballet and a species more childish than Ewoks and more stupid than Gungans in the same half-hour of Star Wars.

I have to agree, this doesn't even feel like Star Wars. If not for the Star Wars characters and technology, it wouldn't be Star Wars.

1. Adi Gallia vs General Grievous

4. Plo Koon and Wolfpack launching a rescue mission for Adi Gallia

5. 91st Reconnaisance Clones! :thumbup:

6. Wolfpack! :sweet:

7. A possible duel between Plo Koon and Grievous?

I don't see what's not to like? It's going to be an EPIC episode! Possibly the best of the season out of the first six...

1.I hope she dies! Not because I have anything against her, but it would make Grievous look more powerful, and she's replaced by Stass Allie anyway, right?

2.As if we haven't seen that before. Evil Plans, andyone? :hmpf_bad:

3.If we see C-3P0 in a gladitorial arena, maybe C3PX? :sweet:

4. Oh no! Don't go to your doom, Comet, Sinker, and Boost!

5. But that one from the trailer (Neyo?) had some nasty scars! It might scare the kiddies! But I'll enjoy it. :devil:

6. NOOOOOOOOOOO! This is the doom of the Wolfpack!

7. Not again! Obviously, Plo Koon will defeat Grievous, but some twist of fate will allow Grievous to kill the Wolfpack and injure Wolffe, then escape. Typical Lucas logic!

This episode does not sound appealing to me, but I'll watch it for continuities' sake.

I don't know, I kinda liked this episode. :blush: Sure, it didn't feel like SW at all, especially with all those fantasy elements (talking trees, fairies, magic plant transportation thingies, etc.), but I've gotten used to that in this show. I thought the Aleena were kinda cute, more so than Ewoks, and I just loved C-3PO in this episode. :laugh: Plus the scenery was beautiful as usual.

Just one question: How come the subterranean natives were able to speak Basic, while the surface dwellers couldn't? :wacko: Or were we supposed to hear them the way 3PO does?

Just one question: How come the subterranean natives were able to speak Basic, while the surface dwellers couldn't? :wacko:

I assume the surface dwellers are physically incapable of it, like the Wookiees. That would explain why they have a computer system that uses standard Aurebesh.

:look: Riiiight... :hmpf: this is gonna be another one of those episodes...

:sick: I never thought I'd see fairies combined with music almost more fitting for a ballet and a species more childish than Ewoks and more stupid than Gungans in the same half-hour of Star Wars.

I have to agree, this doesn't even feel like Star Wars. If not for the Star Wars characters and technology, it wouldn't be Star Wars.

This is why I don't spend much energy looking up the clone wars. Plus I was bored of the clone wars after the "7th" movie aired, it just gets too much attention. I would prefer a series set ABY, or distant BBY. Some part of Star Wars that doesn't get constant spotlight lit. Is it wrong of me to want a Yuuzhan Vong War series?

I have yet to finish the newest episode, 15 minutes in and I had to take a break otherwise I might well.. you know :sick:

I take back what I said about last weeks episode being the worst, this one has toppled it off that dubious throne.

Is it really that HARD to make an episode giving kids and adults what they want? IE: A big awesome battle, with strategy just like out of a bonafide war movie? I mean come on George!!! :sad:

I don't need to see deformed blue rugrats yammering away in a stupid language! *huh*

Only single thing that was good was the Wolfpack. :thumbup:

Edited by Nightshroud99