XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Agreed with you there. I thought that the war was so bad because the Seperatists were having about as much success or more than the Republic, dragging the war out? I just haven't seen this in the show. Bring on a few victories for the baddies!

Regardless of which side was winning, the Clone Wars were bad because the civilians suffered. Remember the poisoning of Honoghr and the subsequent enslavement of the Noghri.

Right now they're shown to enslave the population of every planet they hold, but you can't let them get away with slavery.

?

Everyone simply neglected my question. :hmpf_bad: Oh well! (

It's been established that many of the characters in the Prequels behave in a manner that is nonsensical, making proper analysis of their character difficult. Obi-wan is an obvious example.

WNCIr.jpg

To give the usual response to these questions: Just wait for the re-remastered edition of the saga. :tongue:

Retcons abound! :tongue:

Regardless of which side was winning, the Clone Wars were bad because the civilians suffered. Remember the poisoning of Honoghr and the subsequent enslavement of the Noghri.

Well it is a WAR and more civilians suffer or worse die in war, it seems to a trend in PG cartoons about death or enslavement by alien or hybrid beings these days.

Now, on topic - I just watched episode no.3 of the new season......man, those barbed explosive charges are nasty pieces of work.....at least the leader of Seperatist forces on Mon Calamari copped it in the end....head sinking into the abyss ! :devil::grin:

Can't wait for the next episode.....looks to be Jar Jar vs you know who ! :laugh:

That's another common complaint - the Anakin of Menace and CW is simply far too good. He needs to be more evil.

Exactly, in the attack of the clones(which has a really misleading title) he goes and slaughters an entire tribe of Sand People. I am not saying they didn't deserve it, but it still showed his rash aggressive side.

Well in truth the council wanted Anakin to spy on the Empire, I think Obi-wan wasn't too comfortable with it either. Personally I believe the reason Obi-wan didn't finish off Anakin by his own blade was the same reason Luke couldn't kill Vader in the 6th movie; it would have sent him over to the Dark Side. Likewise Luke couldn't kill Jacen in the Legacy Era for the same reason.

Thanks for (somewhat) clearing the matter to me. With Dooku, I back Oky and like to believe that he was indeed a political idealist and trully believed in Confederate cause. And moreover I'm pretty much sure that Confederate rule would've been better that Imperial one. :tongue:

In ROTS it's rather unclear, but to me it looks like that right before Anakin Killed him that he actually realized the whole scheme and by the look at Palpatine he actually knew/understood who he was.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Tastes differ, I guess. :laugh:

Wow! That episode was bad! One of the highest concentration of odd and weird things going on:

1) Padme is quick and skilled enough to shoot a commando droid, but cant't stop a running minister and simply looks miserably at his back?! :hmpf_bad:

2) They usurp the crown (literaly) and fake the leader! Wow! That's very democratic and Republic-like. Way to go Senator Amidala! :grin:

3) "Tarpals, just capture Grievous, will you? Yes, I know that the entire Jedi order couldn't have done that, and many were killed. But still, will you be dear and do it?" :hmpf:

4) Yeah, run Anakin! You just lost like several minites and now you're dismounted and on foot, but go get the evil gungan on a bike! :laugh:

5) Tarpals sure can build dominos out of droids fast!

6) Amidala, don't fake sorrow! You knew that would happen! Actually if not for Filony Grievous would've chopped any single gungan to pieses! :hmpf_bad:

7) "Dooku, just capture Anakin, will you? Yes, I know that the entire CIS army couldn't have done that, and many were killed. But still, will you be dear and do it?" :wacko:

8) -"Senator Amidala, Skywalker has been detained!" -"What have you done to him, Dooku?" - "Um, detained?" :laugh:

9) "Stop! You cannot torture a prisoner! You can only send wacky defensless gungans against the droid army taking into account the couldn't even win the Battle of Naboo!" :hmpf_bad:

10) Why return him his lightsaber?! :wacko:

11) "Mesa doing my best! To irritate you, Penguin!" :angry:

Edited by The Penguin

1) Padme is quick and skilled enough to shoot a commando droid, but cant't stop a running minister and simply looks miserably at his back?! :hmpf_bad:

Yes, that was kinda strange. She could have simply shot him in the back while he passed her, but no. And of course every Senator on a diplomatic mission to avoid a war takes a weapon with them. :hmpf:

2) They usurp the crown (literaly) and fake the leader! Wow! That's very democratic and Republic-like. Way to go Senator Amidala! :grin:

Have you never wondered why there seems to be no planet or even society in the entire Republic that isn't ruled by a king, boss, prince, Hutt crime lord or other monarch?

3) "Tarpals, just capture Grievous, will you? Yes, I know that the entire Jedi order couldn't have done that, and many were killed. But still, will you be dear and do it?" :hmpf:

To be fair, they had an overwhelming army and where throwing bombs at him which he couldn't repel. And in RotS, one single Jedi was enough to take him down. If they had used their spears to cage him and then threw their bombs at him, they would have had pretty good odds even if Grievous bothered to fight back. But of course Grievous just stood around, so they had no problem. Yet, the better tactic would have been to sacrifice another Gungan, not a General. And I'm glad it wasn't a Jar Jar vs. Grievous match. Jar Jar merely stole Tarpal's kill. :tongue:

Yet I'd like to know how the Gungans managed to deactivate the Droids. If I was in command of a large Droid army, I certainly would protect the uber-button to shut down all the Droids immediately a bit better.

4) Yeah, run Anakin! You just lost like several minites and now you're dismounted and on foot, but go get the evil gungan on a bike! :laugh:

And another one mount that's faster than a motorized vehicle. Why do they even produce them anymore?

But the episode was a bit better than expected. But that wasn't hard considering my expectations, though.

Edited by Peanuts

I personally thought the episode was good, I have a little more respect for the gungans now. I figure that as long as you can look past discrepencies and just focus on the episode from a kids perspective, you'll enjoy it a lot more! :classic:

I have to say, although it wasn't exactly the greatest episode ever, it was better than the first three S4 episodes.

To complain about the plot as a whole, would someone please explain how an amphibious species with no spacecraft can ensure that the Separatists can bring an invasion force into the system undetected? The Naboo should have various sensors that could detect the fleet. C-9979s don't have hyperdrives. They had to have been carried by a cruiser. If the Gungans had managed to sabotage the sensors, it probably would have been mentioned.

And with that invasion force already on the surface, what is the point of leaving when all the Separatists would face are some Gungans? On that note, why did Grievous need to be there in the first place? Any commander worth his salt should be able to defeat Gungans. Especially when your transports are hovering over them and are equipped with turrets.

On a positive note, we did get some lightsaber action, which is made to seem better by the horrendous stuff that was in the first three episodes. Though I still find myself unable to enjoy the jerky lightsaber dueling in CW.

The latest episode was probably the WORST episode I have seen thus far.

Seriously the separatists need to perform genocide on those stupid Gungans :angry: Why does George Lucas keep making episodes with them!!! :sing: (Not that I approve of genocide but this is a fictional show and I find it HIGHLY improbable such a retarded race could ever evolve)

Sorry for my rant but thus far this season has sucked, the point of the beginning of a season is to draw new viewers In, not turn them off with stupid plots about fish people. :sad:

How the heck did the Gungan General deactivate the droids when the control ship is located in Space???

Also how did the droids even enter Naboo airspace? Isn't it guarded!!!?!

:hmpf_bad:

As usual, I'm with Doc on this one. Despite the common flaws that infest nearly every episode of The Clone Wars, it was actually pretty good, or at least better than the lame Mon Cal episodes.

The next episode looks kinda fun. It's also good to see Threepio do what he was programmed to do for once, translate. :laugh:

But is it just me or is the CW team borrowing more and more from Ratchet & Clank? First they had the same voice actor, then the alien race in the next episode looks almost exactly like Tachyon, and those big-eared people with whips from the Season 4 preview look just like Lombaxes with plasma whips. :wacko:

I also just noticed that the webcomics are gone! *oh2* They were the best thing about this show (aside from the Lego sets of course). :cry_sad: I guess I should have seen this coming, seeing how they were more and more procrastinating on releasing the comics in the last season. Oh well, at least now they can't rely on telling the best part of a story in a webcomic instead of in the actual episode anymore.

1) Padme is quick and skilled enough to shoot a commando droid, but cant't stop a running minister and simply looks miserably at his back?!

Ah, I might have the answer....it was simply the heat-of-the-battle kind of thing where after she blasted the head off a commando droid she might have had the wind knocked out of her and with a Gungan running past I guess she didn't want to shoot the wrong one ?

My question is the Separatist's had a landing force and didn't use it.....why would they need the gungans and how in the hell did they shut the droids down.....sent another crazied kid in the Naboo Starfighter to blow up a control ship ? :laugh:

Bless Youtube as I don't have to wait to next year to see these episodes. :sweet:

I have to say, although it wasn't exactly the greatest episode ever, it was better than the first three S4 episodes.

I completely agree with you about that. Honestly, I've seen worse.

To complain about the plot as a whole, would someone please explain how an amphibious species with no spacecraft can ensure that the Separatists can bring an invasion force into the system undetected? The Naboo should have various sensors that could detect the fleet. C-9979s don't have hyperdrives. They had to have been carried by a cruiser. If the Gungans had managed to sabotage the sensors, it probably would have been mentioned.

We-ell, I could assume, that they wouldn't exactly notice an invasion fleet landing in an area unpopulated by humans, such as the Gungan swamps and the unsettled plains on Naboo. So unless they have advanced sensors that control the whole atmosphere from the human settlements, a stealthy invasion was possible, if the Gungans won't tell the humans. Also, we know Naboo is neither of military nor of economic importance, so maybe they have refrained from sensors controlling the outer space? Sounds a bit far-fetched, doesn't it, but it would be an explanation.

And honestly, does Lucas care if C-9979s have hyperdrive? LAATs can't fly in Space, but they do in TCW. There is no canon that can't be changed. :hmpf_bad:

And concerning Grievous, the last invasion on Naboo has failed because of two Jedi. So what's self-evidenter than sending a General, who has already proven he can take on Jedi?

Just watched "Shadow Warrior". Best episode of the season so far!

Just wish General Tarpals great sacrifice was not in vain...

Next week: My favourite Commander Wolffe! :sweet:

Speaking of which, you can find a preview for "Mercy Mission" here, and Wolffe speaks! :thumbup:

http://www.starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep405/#!/media

This episode looks funny. It won't be action packed, so the clones won't be used to their full potential, this episode will bring back the humour of 3-P0 and R2 from the OT.

I know, I'm late to the party as usual. But, I just saw 4.3 and I must say it was okay. I liked the reappearance of the eels and the use of Jar Jar's spit was interesting. Those bomb-knives were neat too.

This Gungan episode had what is most likely the worst plot ever, as the people who have already been pointing our the errors have demonstrated. But, it was still better than the first three episodes, just because it wasn't boring. I thought the animation and look of this one were both really fantastic, especially the rainy fight with Grevious.

Did anybody mention that they finally made Anakin and Dooku meet after all that time claiming they wouldn't? Good job CW people.

We-ell, I could assume, that they wouldn't exactly notice an invasion fleet landing in an area unpopulated by humans, such as the Gungan swamps and the unsettled plains on Naboo. So unless they have advanced sensors that control the whole atmosphere from the human settlements, a stealthy invasion was possible, if the Gungans won't tell the humans. Also, we know Naboo is neither of military nor of economic importance, so maybe they have refrained from sensors controlling the outer space? Sounds a bit far-fetched, doesn't it, but it would be an explanation.

Yes, that sounds plausible, considering how touchy the Gungans were in PM about the Naboo entering their space, so perhaps the Naboo agree to leave them alone and not monitor their land? Again, pretty far fetched, but I'm sure there's some explanation for this.

This episode looks funny. It won't be action packed, so the clones won't be used to their full potential, this episode will bring back the humour of 3-P0 and R2 from the OT.

"Not used to their full potential" is an understatement as I don't think they'll do anything more than we see them do in this preview since the synopsis says "the native Aleena's pleas go unheard". But I agree on the Threepio-Artoo humor. This almost looks like an episode from the old Droids cartoon. :laugh:

Did anybody mention that they finally made Anakin and Dooku meet after all that time claiming they wouldn't? Good job CW people.

Did they say that? I knew they are avoiding to have him meet Grievous, but I didn't know they were doing it with Dooku too. :look: And why would they?

Did they say that? I knew they are avoiding to have him meet Grievous, but I didn't know they were doing it with Dooku too. :look: And why would they?

Oh, I probably just got mixed up. Alright, let me amend that to being disappointed that they did that again, though there's no reason why they wouldn't exactly. Every time they do, it just makes the exchange between Dooku and Anakin in ROTS less cool. The way Dooku sounds in RotS, it just seems like he and Anakin haven't met since AotC. I know there's no reason why they couldn't, but if they met all the time (like they have in CW) there's no reason why Dooku would reasonably say what he does.

Well, generally after rewatching the episode I can say that it's still bad. Perhaps we got worse episodes, yes. But I don't really think that CW should be measured that way. :hmpf_bad: What really saves it from being one of the worst episodes (for me at least) and raises it above Mortis storyline ( :hmpf: ) is the visual side.

I still couldn't really make myself consider the scenario to be at least believable, so I jut focused on the visual effects and emotional atmosphere. I guess it's rather good from that point of view. The battle with Grievous, though being shot, looks rather imposing thanks to the rain and gloomy weather mostly. What I really liked is the battle with Dooku, who showed what I always like in this character's fighting style: cetrain almost dance-like moves and "laziness" in moves as if to show how boring Anakin's attempts are. And I always welcome the appearance of those Magna drods. (Why yellow staffs, though?) They appear so many times in the show, and still in RotS he came with two SBDs?! :wacko:

And one more question: where is Boss Nass?! :cry_sad:

Edited by The Penguin

What I really liked is the battle with Dooku, who showed what I always like in this character's fighting style: cetrain almost dance-like moves and "laziness" in moves as if to show how boring Anakin's attempts are.

Agreed. One thing that CW has so far preserved is the way that Dooku is always the master swordsman until the one duel during Sith when Anakin calls on the Dark Side to defeat him. That's a big part of his fall, so I appreciate that CW has mostly kept it making sense.

CW, though, I think, doesn't do Dooku's lightsaber work justice. Lightsaber duels in CW have too much whizzing and emphasis on long saber locks with fancy effects. It's not fluid.

Oh, I probably just got mixed up. Alright, let me amend that to being disappointed that they did that again, though there's no reason why they wouldn't exactly. Every time they do, it just makes the exchange between Dooku and Anakin in ROTS less cool. The way Dooku sounds in RotS, it just seems like he and Anakin haven't met since AotC. I know there's no reason why they couldn't, but if they met all the time (like they have in CW) there's no reason why Dooku would reasonably say what he does.

I see. Well, yes, but the same thing could be (and has been) said about Grievous and Obi Wan.

And one more question: where is Boss Nass?! :cry_sad:

I've been wondering the very same thing since the beginning of this season. A quick visit of every SW fan's best friend (aka. Wookieepedia) reveals that he apparently moved to the moon. :wacko:

CW, though, I think, doesn't do Dooku's lightsaber work justice. Lightsaber duels in CW have too much whizzing and emphasis on long saber locks with fancy effects. It's not fluid.

Indeed, moreover I guess they happen too quickly, so to say. I mean, we shouldn't forget it's still supposed to be a sword (sigh, ep. 4 :sadnew: ) so the duels should be longer and with less acrobatics to my taste. Oh, well! :sceptic:

Indeed, moreover I guess they happen too quickly, so to say. I mean, we shouldn't forget it's still supposed to be a sword (sigh, ep. 4 :sadnew: ) so the duels should be longer and with less acrobatics to my taste. Oh, well! :sceptic:

Kind of agree with that. Menace and Sith (while fun to watch) were too over-the-top in duels. In my opinion, Clones and Return of the Jedi had the best lightstaber fighting. In A New Hope I thought it was too...stiff, but I guess it was the first lightsaber duel. In Empire...it was okay.

Here in the CW, yes, they need to work on that some more.

Kind of agree with that. Menace and Sith (while fun to watch) were too over-the-top in duels. In my opinion, Clones and Return of the Jedi had the best lightstaber fighting. In A New Hope I thought it was too...stiff, but I guess it was the first lightsaber duel. In Empire...it was okay.

Here in the CW, yes, they need to work on that some more.

Clones had a lot of acrobatics, too. That's basically all Yoda did. Sith wasn't so bad. Battle of the Heroes did have a lot of acrobatics and action and obstacles and Force usage, but it was the most anticipated lightsaber duel of the saga. The Duel in the Senate, on the other hand, didn't really impress me. The duel with Grievous was just a ton of fast-paced action, not necessarily involving lightsabers. The duel with Dooku was pretty good, though, showing Anakin's call on the Dark Side and the initially equal face off between Dooku's elegant style and Anakin's almost brutal style.

Empire and Jedi still have my favorites duels, though.

"Not used to their full potential" is an understatement as I don't think they'll do anything more than we see them do in this preview since the synopsis says "the native Aleena's pleas go unheard". But I agree on the Threepio-Artoo humor. This almost looks like an episode from the old Droids cartoon. :laugh:

That is actually incorrect. While the main focus will be on the Droids, Wolffe, Comet and possibly Sinker and Boost might be leading an attack against the Separatists or whatever is on the planet...

At least, they better have a battle. They can't just throw the best clone there is in there and not make him fight, right? Wolffe MUST fight! :angry: