XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Personally, I love everything from the movies. From the Ewoks to the Gungans to the sand on Tatooine. I belive I am actually one of the few SW fans who can say this.

Now the CW, on the other hand, is not as great. This upcoming episode makes me upset to think that the Gungans would think of helping the CIS. Now, I realize that this is an interesting idea to explore, I am worried that they are giving Jar JAr to much of a role. This is not the first time in this show that Jar Jar has had the leading role in an episode. As much as I like the guy, I would much rather see more of characters who are only seen briefly in the films, like Saesee Tinn.

Personally, I love everything from the movies. From the Ewoks to the Gungans to the sand on Tatooine.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

Now the CW, on the other hand, is not as great. This upcoming episode makes me upset to think that the Gungans would think of helping the CIS. Now, I realize that this is an interesting idea to explore, I am worried that they are giving Jar JAr to much of a role. This is not the first time in this show that Jar Jar has had the leading role in an episode. As much as I like the guy, I would much rather see more of characters who are only seen briefly in the films, like Saesee Tinn.

The conventional explanation for that is that Lucas purposefully gives Jar Jar big roles as a statement toward fans who hate his character.

The conventional explanation for that is that Lucas purposefully gives Jar Jar big roles as a statement toward fans who hate his character.

In order to alienate them?

I don't like Jar Jar, it's just...everything about him. There is only one way Jar Jar can be tolerable, and that is in the Darths and Droids comic.

If Jar-Jar was just one of those random representatives we are introduced to in the Senate (ala Bail Organa) I wouldn't mind him. It's in Episode I he's just...inherently...hate-baiting. It's like he wants us to hate him. :wacko:

I'm not a Jar-Jar fan one bit but I don't recall being irritated at him in his appearance so far this season, unlike in the movies & previous seasons. I have an open mind to optimism so far...

I have noticed less annoying battle droid banter too.

I have noticed less annoying battle droid banter too.

That's because BDs are hardly being shown on this show anymore. Filoni & Co. are too busy introducing more and more new kinds of droids. While some of them may be cool, I do miss the good old times when it was just clone troopers vs. battle droids... :sadnew:

That's because BDs are hardly being shown on this show anymore. Filoni & Co. are too busy introducing more and more new kinds of droids. While some of them may be cool, I do miss the good old times when it was just clone troopers vs. battle droids... :sadnew:

Agreed. What really bugs me there is that as Geonosis proved, massed B1s and B2s are quite effective, even against Jedi. Really, between B2s, B1s, and Droidekas, the CIS already has a very capable ground force.

Not capable enough, though. Remember, they still lost that battle - twice! That's probably why Lucas Dooku is ordering the production of new droid models.

And yet, they still keep losing. :hmpf:

Agreed with you there. I thought that the war was so bad because the Seperatists were having about as much success or more than the Republic, dragging the war out? I just haven't seen this in the show. Bring on a few victories for the baddies!

Not capable enough, though. Remember, they still lost that battle - twice! That's probably why Lucas Dooku is ordering the production of new droid models.

The first Battle of Geonosis, I think, was a smart move on the Separatists' side to retreat. The Republic caught them completely off-guard, and came with tanks and aerial support. The CIS had ground troops and some missile launchers. Plus, we know Dooku didn't want the Separatists to win that battle. The Sith wanted a long war.

The second battle...it was CW. I don't think that counts as valid representation of the Separatists' capabilities. :laugh:

I believe the problem with letting the separatists win is that you won't get a proper arc. I mean, what kind of developement is that: The Separatist land with a massive land army; the Seps completely overwhelm the outnumbered Republic troops; the Separatists win.

The matter is, that would be lacking of suspense. The only way you could possibly do that, was, by throwing the heroes still a small bone like escaping with their bare life, while the planet falls. But now the problem is, the Seps are more and more vilified, which is a pity regarding the resonable arguments Dooku had against Obi-Wan in Episode II. Right now they're shown to enslave the population of every planet they hold, but you can't let them get away with slavery. The only way you could show the seps taking over more planets, was like in the old CW series, in a few minutes different scenes from clones and people surrendering during the intro to the show. But beyond that, you'll have to assume that they still manage to conquer planets, but only the Republican victories are shown because only heroic victories are worth watching, which is why the winner has to be in an inferior position. That's why bounty hunters always do such a good match and overly large droid armies will always fail on the show. Maybe the CIS should try a new tactic: Attack any major planet with nothing but a few primitive aliens. :tongue:

I don't like Jar Jar, it's just...everything about him. There is only one way Jar Jar can be tolerable, and that is in the Darths and Droids comic.

And in the comic Jar Jar also attacked the Naboo. :laugh:

Maybe they're trying to put the Gungans into a better light by showing them as carnivores (or hominivores?) who just tarn themselves giving their victims a false sence of security. :devil: Maybe that's the real reason why they banned Jar Jar? :look:

Plus, we know Dooku didn't want the Separatists to win that battle.

BTW, will some of you, big fans, explain to me Dooku's position? On one hand we see that he serves Sidius and obeys him completely, but at the same time we see that there are hints that he wanted to overthrow him. Did he actually know it was just a war to distract, or did he really believe in what he'd been fightning for? :sceptic:

Agreed with you there. I thought that the war was so bad because the Seperatists were having about as much success or more than the Republic, dragging the war out? I just haven't seen this in the show. Bring on a few victories for the baddies!

Amen! Exactly my thoughts. Actually I have always been under the impression that CIS was doing rather good, if they even managed to assault Coruscant.

If not, it does not rally make sense. If they lost world after world like that the war would've ended much sooner! :hmpf_bad:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

BTW, will some of you, big fans, explain to me Dooku's position? On one hand we see that he serves Sidius and obeys him completely, but at the same time we see that there are hints that he wanted to overthrow him. Did he actually know it was just a war to distract, or did he really believe in what he'd been fightning for? :sceptic:

Amen! Exactly my thoughts. Actually I have always been under the impression that CIS was doing rather good, if they even managed to assault Coruscant.

If not, it does not rally make sense. If they lost world after world like that the war would've ended much sooner! :hmpf_bad:

Agreed, if they can assault Coruscant in a major attack, and kidnap the Chancellor; the CIS should be doing great. Plus they are viewed in a negative light every time. By Episode III, Padme ponders if somewhere along the way the heroes got on the wrong side of the war. That implies one, the CIS has good points, and two; the Republic is growing more and more morally corrupt.

By the way, what happen to the apprentice that shouldn't be anyway? Unless Lucas majorly changed Episode III, she should be dead or hone by then.

This interview with Dave Filoni confirms the episode/episodes based around the idea of Mortis, won't be appearing in S4...

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Season-4-Interview-with-Showrunner-Dave-Filoni/9526

Also, the title for episode 8 of S4 is "The General", possibly hinting this will be the debut of Krell, or an episode based much around him...

Everyone simply neglected my question. :hmpf_bad: Oh well! (

*snip*

Look! Lilliputians in Star Wars! :look:

Why does it make me think of a Futurama episode, where Bender hosted life on his hull! :laugh:

Edited by The Penguin

Tell me about it: :sceptic:

Is that when the UK premiere is? Or has it already happened? :wacko:

I haven't seen any advertisements for it, I'm very confused. :hmpf_bad:

Do we have a confirmed premiere date for series 4 in the UK? I still haven't seen any advertisements for it. :wacko:

To add onto your point, exactly none of those new droids are used in ROTS. :hmpf_bad:

Why, Lucas, why?

More individual clones are nice, as it shows character development. But if the CIS had tactical droids and commandos, why not use them on Kashyyk? :angry:

I got the feeling that it was like the Makuta of Bionicle. The Makuta all were subordinate to Teridax(once he took over), though many of them had their own goals. Their fear of his power, whether his direct strength or his more zealous followers, kept them in line. However, when a Makuta felt like they could get away with something, because Teridax was distracted or crippled; they might attempt a scheme of their own. Case in point, Krika spared Miserax despite his death sentance. So if given a chance Dooka would try something, but as long as his master watches him he will put on the persona of a diligant student.

Keep in mind I have watched practically nothing of the Clone Wars, so this information is based on Episodes II and III and my own judgement.

The point is that Palpatine is in a win-win situation. Whether the Separatists win or the Republic, for him it simply doesn't matter.

Since we already know that the Republic will prevail, the only thing they can do in TCW is to show that it was pretty tight. And although the Republic forces may prevail, the ongoing fights drag the Jedi deeper into the war, possibly distracting their attention from their biggest threat - Palpatine.

I have never been quite clear on this myself, but I like to believe Dooku does believe in his cause, and that he is just another one of Palpatine's pawns. The reason why he tends to attempt to overthrow his master is simply that he is a Sith. It's what they do. :tongue:

By the way, what happen to the apprentice that shouldn't be anyway? Unless Lucas majorly changed Episode III, she should be dead or hone by then.

More individual clones are nice, as it shows character development. But if the CIS had tactical droids and commandos, why not use them on Kashyyk? :angry:

To give the usual response to these questions: Just wait for the re-remastered edition of the saga. :tongue:

I have never been quite clear on this myself, but I like to believe Dooku does believe in his cause, and that he is just another one of Palpatine's pawns. The reason why he tends to attempt to overthrow his master is simply that he is a Sith. It's what they do. :tongue:

To give the usual response to these questions: Just wait for the re-remastered edition of the saga. :tongue:

I don't even understand why Anakin would get an apprentice. No Sith can cloud the Jedi's minds that much, someone has to realize that Anakin can't be trusted to be a good role model for a Jedi. He cares to much about others, he was trained too late in life, and he frequently disobeys the council. It just seems to me like the real reason Asoka exists is to have a younger character for the younger fans.

I don't even understand why Anakin would get an apprentice. No Sith can cloud the Jedi's minds that much, someone has to realize that Anakin can't be trusted to be a good role model for a Jedi. He cares to much about others, he was trained too late in life, and he frequently disobeys the council. It just seems to me like the real reason Asoka exists is to have a younger character for the younger fans.

That's another common complaint - the Anakin of Menace and CW is simply far too good. He needs to be more evil.

I see another reason for Ahsoka Tano, she is a young developing female and wears skin tight costumes, plus the series is popular with boys of all ages....go figure ! :devil::laugh: