XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Interesting article about a clone we have been discussing quite a bit around here; Rex. The interview is done with Dee Baker who voices all the clones. In the interview he drops this tidbit:

My question has always been what happens to Rex and what happens to Ahsoka - those two characters in particular. There's no way that they can't deal with that in a meaningful and very important way. And that will be happening. And yeah, you start to see that - that Rex is part of the old guard, and the new guard, as Dave said, starts to muddy the waters, so to speak, in terms of the genetics and I think maybe the training. And then they start recruiting people until you end up with the stormtroopers that we see in Episode IV.

Interesting that we might see non-clones in Phase II armor this season. Non-clone recruiting was something I always thought only happened after the purge.

Here is a link to the article at IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1192630p1.html

Well, they have already been doing that with the Senate Guards (despite TLG's false depiction of them as clones), but I know what you mean.

Wow,those Phase 2 armor kits sure look amazing... The detail on Rex's is interesting, especially with the helmet design. And I spy some kill marks and his gloves. It'd be nice if the clones could be given more combat skills like in Republic Commando. Vibroblades in gauntlets would be nice. On that note, I'm surprised TCW hasn't given the clones much anger. An episode from a trooper's point of view would be nice. In the show it actually seems that they are droids :thumbdown: . What happened to Filoni saying that the show was supposed to be about the clones? :hmpf_bad: Perhaps the Battle of Umbara will give us some clone violence. I remember somewhere that an AT-RT stomps on and Umbaran rebel during the fight. Anyways, is the Battle on Dac the same on from CW? If not, it's too similar. Kit shirtless, Scuba guys, those underwaterspeeder things, and crazy Mon Cals. :sceptic:

Uhm... Have you been watching the same show as me? :wacko: Because I have seen clones mature through their training, show individual personalities, show great compassion for their brothers, and even expressing their views on the war. If you ask me, they're anything but droids, and there have been plenty of clone-centered episodes, even though there weren't too many in the last season. And what's this about clones should have anger? That doesn't really make sense since they're the Good Guys, and you know what Master Yoda says about anger. :wink:

And yes, while the Mon Cal battle is obviously not the same, it's much too similar. :sadnew:

Sorry for the double post, but here is a couple of new promos/clips for S4!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2011-09-08-admiral-ackbar-star-wars-clone-wars_n.htm?csp=34life&dlvrit=110941

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/201108_hasbro/index.html

The clip shows Anakin, Padme and Ackbar on Mon Calamari, while the promo shows C-3PO and R2-D2's adventures in the episode with Adi Gallia.

PS: Also what looks a lot like the 91st Reconnaisance Clones are with Gallia. NOTE that not all of those Clones had those kind of helmets like Neyo, and some used the regular phase 2 ones.

Thanks for sharing those commanderneyo. I'm getting more and more excited for this season! That excitement will probably start to wear off after news of whatever is going to happen next in Mortis and stupid Gungan/GG battles, but whatever. For now, I can't wait.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Sharpedo used headbutt! It's not very effective...

Sorry for the double post, but here is a couple of new promos/clips for S4!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2011-09-08-admiral-ackbar-star-wars-clone-wars_n.htm?csp=34life&dlvrit=110941

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/201108_hasbro/index.html

The clip shows Anakin, Padme and Ackbar on Mon Calamari, while the promo shows C-3PO and R2-D2's adventures in the episode with Adi Gallia.

PS: Also what looks a lot like the 91st Reconnaisance Clones are with Gallia. NOTE that not all of those Clones had those kind of helmets like Neyo, and some used the regular phase 2 ones.

Thanks! The second link is great. I like the redesigns of some of the characters, especially the clones. This clip really shows the improvement of the animation, too. The character movements seem a lot more fluid and less awkward and robotic.

I'm getting more and more excited for this season!

Indeed. Seeing the second sneak preview really got me excited, I noticed how the cinematics (shot angles, background sound effects) have become more movie-like than just a tv show. Can't wait to see this season to start, and hoping it would be better than the previous ones.

Thanks for sharing those commanderneyo. I'm getting more and more excited for this season! That excitement will probably start to wear off after news of whatever is going to happen next in Mortis and stupid Gungan/GG battles, but whatever. For now, I can't wait.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Spoiler 1:

Apparently, Son, from the Mortis arc is to return in this magic arc. If it's true, this increases the chances that Mortis in S3 was all just a dream.

Spoiler 2:

I don't know if any of you saw my post on the last page, but. Jar-Jar Binks is going to fight General Grievous.

Spoiler 3:

And win... :angry:

I don't know if any of you saw my post on the last page, but. Jar-Jar Binks is going to fight General Grievous.

And win... :angry:

We already saw the clip of GG fighting a Gungan in the first preview and have discussed it extensively, but there is no evidence that that's Jar Jar fighting him. If you ask me, there is no way Jar Jar would be that skilled in combat, and it looks more like Tarpals.

Seriously, if they did that, I would loose all respect for this show. :sadnew:

Either way, I have a bad feeling about this season. I fear that they will start out with a bang with the Mon Calamari episode and then bombard us with one crappy episode after another, just like they did last season, but I hope I'm wrong. :sceptic:

We already saw the clip of GG fighting a Gungan in the first preview and have discussed it extensively, but there is no evidence that that's Jar Jar fighting him. If you ask me, there is no way Jar Jar would be that skilled in combat, and it looks more like Tarpals.

Either way, I have a bad feeling about this season. I fear that they will start out with a bang with the Mon Calamari episode and then bombard us with one crappy episode after another, just like they did last season, but I hope I'm wrong. :sceptic:

I agree, last season we got great first 2 episodes god Arc in the middle and a few good episodes at the end. The thing is the Mon cal arc looks like only one good episode

Well, a synposis of the episode states this, "Can Jar-Jar Binks defeat a Separatist invasion led by General Grievous?". While it doesn't directly mention Jar-Jar beats Grievous, we have to assume he does, otherwise Jar-Jar wouldn't be in ROTS. And loads of Gungans fight Grievous, hundreds swarm on him at one point.

I honestly think this season will be much better than the rest. We have an awesome arc on Mon Calamari, an even-more awesome arc on Umbara, with Clones fighting in a 4-part arc against bad guys that arn't Separatists. That's the arc with General Krell. We have a Death Watch episode (Just one) which was recently confirmed by the writer of the episode. Ventress VS Grievous, Nightsisters VS Droids, and Savage Opress again. I think this season will put the rest to shame.

PS: Not sure if this merrits a spoiler or not, but this video CONFIRMS a sixth season for the show! Also the video that confirms just one Death Watch episode.

Edited by commanderneyo

I agree, last season we got great first 2 episodes god Arc in the middle and a few good episodes at the end. The thing is the Mon cal arc looks like only one good episode

Yeah, and that episode is a rip-off from the '03 series. Figures. :hmpf_bad:

Well, a synposis of the episode states this, "Can Jar-Jar Binks defeat a Separatist invasion led by General Grievous?". While it doesn't directly mention Jar-Jar beats Grievous, we have to assume he does, otherwise Jar-Jar wouldn't be in ROTS.

Well, yes, but more passively as a leader and probably not actively like that one Gungan we saw dueling him. At least I hope so.

And a Mon Cal arc? It's just one episode. :sceptic:

And a Mon Cal arc? It's just one episode. :sceptic:

It's actually three. The first is where Ahsoka and Kit Fisto lead the Clones to assist forces on Mon Calamari. Secondly, The Mon Calamari call on the Gungans to come over and assist in the battle. Lastly and thirdly, Riff Tamson has captured most of the good guys, Ahsoka and Lee-Char (the Mon Calamari prince) must now save them.

Don't believe me? Here are the synposis's for all three:

Spoiler 1:

"Underwater unrest! The assassination of the King of Mon Calamari creates conflict between the Mon Cala and the Quarren, so Padmé and Anakin are dispatched to make peace. But the Separatists have other plans…"[

Spoiler 2:

"The Jedi find themselves trapped by sustained Separatist attacks. Can the Gungans save the day?"

Spoiler 3:

"The Republic and Gungan armies are captured by Riff Tamson; Ahsoka and Prince Lee-Char must unite the fractured people."/

Edited by commanderneyo

Sorry for yet another double post, but the episode guides are now up! Our first look at Gungan Attack! :sweet:

http://www.starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep401/#!/about

http://www.starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep402/#!/about

EDIT: New interview here, plus it shows finally some awesome clips of Umbara! :thumbup:

http://entertainment.msn.com/beacon/editorial10_v2.aspx?videoId=d4d3b2d3-aeb9-47e2-9bfb-9f4ab4b9774e&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink&ptid=f4a1ca7b-c6c0-4824-ba2b-4dce5961937f&silentchk=1&wa=wsignin1.0

The Clone Shock Troopers from ROTS will appear!

Edited by commanderneyo

EDIT: New interview here, plus it shows finally some awesome clips of Umbara! :thumbup:

The Clone Shock Troopers from ROTS will appear!

Oh my... this is awesome. I've been dying for new clones, especially ones in the 501st. The personalities are cool, and the Umbara clips are amazing. Night fighting is difficult, no joke. And those Shock troopers, matbe a prison break episode? Was that Bossk?

5 hours!

Edited by KisKatona

alright, so I don't get the channel and I'm gonna save my money this time around, not buy the season pass on itunes - what day do the episodes get to the star wars website?

alright, so I don't get the channel and I'm gonna save my money this time around, not buy the season pass on itunes - what day do the episodes get to the star wars website?

Try this.

The official SW website puts them up about Monday. Problem is, the quality is never very good.

Try this.

The official SW website puts them up about Monday. Problem is, the quality is never very good.

many thanks! and yeah, forgot about the quality. tried to watch the dathomir episodes online last year and you miss out on all the swampy murk and misty invisibility force magic and all. might still end up buying that season pass after all :wink:

Really loved these episodes. Some great action, and the Kit Fisto and Riff Tamson fight was a lot better than most fights in the series! :sweet:

Although, there was yet another retcon in these episodes. This time from the movies... :hmpf_bad:

I must say, these episodes were OK. Just OK. The action was pretty good, but being under water, everything seemed slowed down and less exciting. Also, there are no characters in these episodes who you are (or at least I am) worried about. All the main characters must live past this battle, and Prince Lee-Char has no depth and isn't great. Also, you would expect the Republic to send a few more clones. There were like 20 where they started, and by the end of it, they were all dead. Anyway, I really hope that the season gets better, and from the looks of the trailers, it will.

I must say, these episodes were OK. Just OK. The action was pretty good, but being under water, everything seemed slowed down and less exciting. Also, there are no characters in these episodes who you are (or at least I am) worried about. All the main characters must live past this battle, and Prince Lee-Char has no depth and isn't great. Also, you would expect the Republic to send a few more clones. There were like 20 where they started, and by the end of it, they were all dead. Anyway, I really hope that the season gets better, and from the looks of the trailers, it will.

Actually, two of the Clones are still alive. The Commander Fisto calls "Monnk" and one generic one, but that's it.

Also, this picture shows Nossor Ri and Lee-Char will still be alive by the end of the final episode in the arc. So the only main character that could die in this arc is Riff Tamson. gallery16