Rob Klingberg

Maersk Train Arrives

Thanks very much.

Hopefully it's free shipping that is restricted to the US.

Looking out a few more things for an order before I proceed to checkout and find out.

Doh....you were right, I can add it to my cart but they won't ship it to Australia. (or any of the other power functions bits and pieces I was trying to order.) :sadface:

Thanks anyway.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

I may not hit up the Train Tech forum all that ften, but I saw this in the newset LEGO catalog and if I had extra cash, I'd love this thing, it's got to be the best train set I've seen from LEGO yet.

I got one but I haven't put it together yet. There are a LOT of bags though. I was chatting with the store manager and he said he ordered 20 of them. When I came to pick mine up, just 6 hours after opening the store, 15 of them were gone. *huh*

Very pleased on how this set will turn out just by flipping through the manual.

RATS! Missed mine today! I went to the Lego Store at Arrowhead Mall in Arizona today. Sold out by 2:30 p.m.

I had to order mine and now must have it delivered. Now I must wait another week...

Ordered 5 copies this morning 9am from shop at home and have the confirmation it shipped today, roll on delivery next week :-)

:sweet:

Important Message

There is a slight problem with your order. (See below.)

The following items cannot be shipped to the addresses you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping addresses or remove the items by clicking Delete.

LEGO Creator Maersk Train 10219 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Power Functions Train Motor 88002 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box 8878 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Power Functions 8" Extension Wire 8886 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

Lego Creator Shuttle Adventure (10213) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Functions Power Functions Extension Wire 20? 8871 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Functions Power Functions XL-Motor 8882 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Functions Power Functions Light 8870 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO® Creator Beach House (4996) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Functions Power Functions IR RX 8884 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO Power Functions AAA Battery Box 88000 cannot be shipped to the selected address.

LEGO City Corner (7641) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

[rant]This is not a slight problem with my order, it is an infringement of my rights as a global citizen.[/rant]

:laugh&cry:

At least that gives you a list of the part numbers you need to power it (amongst other things).

Edited by AussieJimbo

RATS! Missed mine today! I went to the Lego Store at Arrowhead Mall in Arizona today. Sold out by 2:30 p.m.

I had to order mine and now must have it delivered. Now I must wait another week...

I myself was planning to try and pick it up tomorrow from the LEGO store at the AZ Chandler Mall... now I'm not so confident that it will even be there! :O Here's hoping they still have one!

I was browsing the Lego S@H site on March 31 in the evening, and was hoping they'd add the ability to order it, but they hadn't. I then was check out other parts of the Lego site, and reloaded the Maersk Train, and it was accepting orders!

I was placing my order, and I decided I'd initially order 3 sets, which is the most I could stomach at one time. When I went to checkout, they were going to charge me $37 for shipping! AH! I went back and changed it to 1 set, and they were then at $30 for shipping. I thought, well, let's see how much the shipping is on 5 sets, and it was $39. I didn't really want to spend over $800 all at once (they gouge us Canadians, similarly to the Australians), but then I was listening to the news at the same time, and I heard an interesting story! We have government insurance on our vehicles here, and apparently they revealed to the Public Utilities Board that they had a $350 Million surplus, so they wanted to give everyone a 10% rebate from last years' insurance. However, the Public Utilities Board said, hold on, a WHAT? SURPLUS? No, you're giving it ALL back to your ratepayers. So I'm getting a cheque back equal to 45% of my last years' insurance, which means $700! As soon as I heard that, my order went from the one I had in my cart to 5, and I hit CHECKOUT!!!

The order already shipped this morning from S@H! Hopefully I have them in two weeks. I went from wanting to order 5, to needing to order only 1, to being able to order and pay for 5, all in a matter of 10 minutes. What a roller coaster ride that was.

I can't wait!

Locutis

I also ordered one last night, and it has already shipped! If only I had the money to order 5...

Has anyone been to Legoland CA since yesterday and seen them on the shelf? If so, I may take a little drive.....(been a little disappointed in the stock at The Big Shop lately, by the way)

Just in case anyone was wondering, as of 3 pm today, Legoland California had none in stock.

I got my 2 at the Santa Clara LEGO Store this afternoon. There were none on the shelves, but thankfully, I had had 2 saved for me by calling the store in the morning!

s@h uk now has it on back order till 4th of may :cry_sad:

Yeah, and even if you ordered before this change was made you may not get your order. Mine went in hours before the stock status changed, yet S@H just emailed me to say "By May".

Just quickly.....instructions are now available on Lego.com - just downloaded and saved both books !

Hello, little container tractor - looks like scratch-build time !

Brick On ! :grin:

Just quickly.....instructions are now available on Lego.com - just downloaded and saved both books !

Hello, little container tractor - looks like scratch-build time !

Brick On ! :grin:

You've got the wrong set mate! :laugh:

You've got the wrong set mate! :laugh:

Oops my bad, could you be so kind and shift this over to the 10219 topic....please and thanks ! :blush:

I gotta get some sleep ! :laugh:

Well I hope all you lucky purchasers have been enjoying your builds.

I've made great progress on my alternate coloured loco but it's extremely time consuming hunting out all the pieces.

Just got to build the extended bogies and do a bit more tidying up but I'm really happy with how it's looking so far.

Oops my bad, could you be so kind and shift this over to the 10219 topic....please and thanks ! :blush:

I gotta get some sleep ! :laugh:

Done! I'll have to download them too! :sweet:

Yeah, and even if you ordered before this change was made you may not get your order. Mine went in hours before the stock status changed, yet S@H just emailed me to say "By May".

i ordered one yesterday on the lego website, got a purchase email but nothing yet to say it has shipped, yet ordered 2 more today and i got a mail saying they are on back order till May?

guess its a really popular item, wonder how many they have made because sounds like everywheres sold out of them?

Amazon US has them in stock. The set has climbed very fast in the rankings and is now #8 in Building and Construction toys (i.e., it is the 8th most popular Lego set right now).

Yeah shame us in the UK can't buy from there, they will not ship outside the US, Amazon UK still does not have them listed yet.

Well after many, many hours of digging for parts and building I've finally got my very own yellow Maersk loco running around the tracks.

Lego have really done a great job with this design. I used two PF motors and it makes for a really strong and well performing locomotive, certainly the new top performer in my fleet.

I've got it pulling 12 Maersk style containers (6 wagons) through curves and grades with ease without any wheelspin and I'm sure it's capable of much more.

I'll definitely have to buy several more motors to give the official version the same treatment when I can get my hands on it.

Enjoy your trains everyone.

Edited by AussieJimbo

Amazon US has them in stock. The set has climbed very fast in the rankings and is now #8 in Building and Construction toys (i.e., it is the 8th most popular Lego set right now).

It's ranked 5th now, and climbing...

Well after many, many hours of digging for parts and building I've finally got my very own yellow Maersk loco running around the tracks.

I'd love to see pics of this.