jamie75

Anio's UCS Slave 1 instructions

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Anio and I trade alot of PMs and emails over the last week or 2. I have been working on instructions for his UCS Slave 1 model. And I think I have it 99% finished. It would be 100%, but, there a few pieces not made in MLCad yet. They are added to the model as notes. Plus the struts for the wings have some "funky" angles on them, I couldn't figure out. So they are added to the model on the side of it.

In MLCad, the model looks good. And comparing it to pics of his model, it looks spot-on!!

I have uploaded the MLCad file to Brickshelf, along with some pics of it. The pics are deeplinked. The file should be modded in a day or so.

I will also be adding the parts list to Brickshelf soon, plus am working on an XML file for it in Brickstore. Both will be added as soon as finish them.

Thanks for looking, Jamie

ucs_slave_1_2.jpgucs_slave_1_1.jpg

ucs_slave_1.jpg

It might be hard to say, but do you have an idea of what sets would be needed to build this? Like, I have the last two Slaves, 2006 & 2010. Between them, do you think it would be 90% of the pieces, or are there a lot of specialty ones? This is one of my favorite ships, so it'd be fun to give it a try.

Oh yes, and thanks :thumbup:

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here : http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44221&view=findpost&p=1188491

/EDIT

Hello,

Nice to see that you have finally posted the model, Jamie.

A few words :

- with that file, the model can easily be reproduced, that's certain

- greebs were probably not easy to do, but they are ok (as far I can see)

- cannons are different on mine (smaller)

- I see the tail is 2 plates to high. Look here :

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4860199

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4860200

- some parts are not in the file (the green arches, obviously) but Jamie put them in the inventory.

And for the sticker, better than a scan, here is the genuine file :

sticker.jpg

BTW, how many parts, Jamie ?

Anio

Edited by Anio

I was trying to get everything ready before posting, but, the XML file is giving me grief!? So, if anyone wants to build this, they will have to order off the parts list!

-The detail underneath, should exactly the same as your!

-The cannons, I used Star Wars lasers, but, I do have a file for your on comptuer as well. I can post that too!!

-Now that you mention the tail, I see, I did screw up alittle. I'll go back and see if I can fix it without screwing anything up.

Thanks for posting the sticker!!

Total pieces are 1232 with stand.

Jamie

It might be hard to say, but do you have an idea of what sets would be needed to build this? Like, I have the last two Slaves, 2006 & 2010. Between them, do you think it would be 90% of the pieces, or are there a lot of specialty ones? This is one of my favorite ships, so it'd be fun to give it a try.

Oh yes, and thanks :thumbup:

Looking at the inventories for the 2 Slave 1's, I would say you could use about 40% to 50% for the pieces in them and have to order the rest! But, that is just a guess. I was actually thinking of picking up an extra Slave 1 just for the Windscreen and Dark Green pieces.

And your welcome!!

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

1,232 parts. Hum, that's more than I expected. :look:

Otherwise, to do my Slave, I first bought a 6209. What a huge mistake and waste of money.

So will there be a XML file,

I'm having trouble with the XML file, so probably not. As stated above there are 1232 pieces in the file for the model and when I import it to Brickstore, it says 990.

So, atleast not till I figure out what the problem is and correct it?!

Jamie

I'm having trouble with the XML file, so probably not. As stated above there are 1232 pieces in the file for the model and when I import it to Brickstore, it says 990.

Jamie

:cry_sad: I really wanted that list to buy from BL, I geuss I have to do it manually.

:cry_sad: I really wanted that list to buy from BL, I geuss I have to do it manually.

I figured out the problem with Brickstore and the XML is now in my Brickshelf gallery!! Just copy and paste when it is modded!!

Enjoy, Jamie

Edited by jamie75

And the vid :p

Now if I could just get Anio to post the instructions for his Executor... :tongue:

I thought there weren't any instructions. If I remember correctly, Anio said he only had instructions made for his UCS TIE/ln and pod racer, on the premise that his Slave I was relatively easy to replicate from pictures (as can be inferred from this thread). Sadly, according to him there is no easy way to replicate his Executor or his groundbreaking UCS AT-TE ( :wub: )...

I thought there weren't any instructions. If I remember correctly, Anio said he only had instructions made for his UCS TIE/ln and pod racer, on the premise that his Slave I was relatively easy to replicate from pictures (as can be inferred from this thread). Sadly, according to him there is no easy way to replicate his Executor or his groundbreaking UCS AT-TE ( :wub: )...

UCS AT-TE just change the colours and a few other bits and bobs.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rgeiger/Instructions/UCS-AT-TE/at-te1.pdf

UCS AT-TE just change the colours and a few other bits and bobs.

Not really. But well... quardelitre.gif Edited by Anio

yeah thers a lot of structural differences but it's a good start as you well know.

yeah thers a lot of structural differences but it's a good start as you well know.

Is there a parts inventory online somewhere ?

D.

I just built my Slave 1 8097 and the dimensions of that match up this UCS slave 1. In terms of scale of a UCS model I would say it would need to be around 70 - 80 studs long.

I just built my Slave 1 8097 and the dimensions of that match up this UCS slave 1. In terms of scale of a UCS model I would say it would need to be around 70 - 80 studs long.

A UCS model does not need to be big to be detailed and well executed.

I would even say that I am not very keen of the MOCs which are pointlessly big.

A UCS model does not need to be big to be detailed and well executed.

I would even say that I am not very keen of the MOCs which are pointlessly big.

Good point, I was looking at it from a mini fig scale pov which is what I'm interested in at the min. Also thanks for sharing the model great work.

In UCS (1:28) scale I'm fairly certain the model would have to be much larger; a 70cm UCS model would mean that the real craft is only 19.6m. The 1/72 Fine Molds kit is 30.5cm in length (putting the actual length of the Slave I at about 22m) and I know that the kit is actually too small.

On a side note, I was under the impression that Anio's model was much bigger than 8097 - which makes the former even more impressive. :thumbup:

Good point, I was looking at it from a mini fig scale pov which is what I'm interested in at the min. Also thanks for sharing the model great work.

Ah... in that case, the 70~80-stud approximation would be about right.

Jamie

Jamie when I upload the file .mpd in LDRaw it comes up saying theres 9 parts missing

can you help out on this, is there a .ldr file by any chance?

Thanks

GREAT MODEL