Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

French Royalist Troops

Those be very nice! But as far as I remember, the Bourbone royalists used white coats in order to be associated with the white flag of the Bourbons. Maybe white arms, then?

As my army building efforts continue I have decided to create a company of French Royalist soldiers to fight alongside my Redcoats.

Since there are no usable white torsos, and I remembered from one of your last posts, that you don't like to use decals, I must say it's really nice, and with the liles on the torso it could work. they look nice, but maybe use grey arms,too.

Those be very nice! But as far as I remember, the Bourbone royalists used white coats in order to be associated with the white flag of the Bourbons. Maybe white arms, then?

I'm kind of digging the white arm idea. I'll try that. I used the white epaulettes as a reference to the Bourbon white flag. I am thinking I'll do between 30 and 60 of these guys.

They look great, but i think you should try white or even blue arms instead or red ones, but the red ones dosent look so bad either,. Great job whit them Commodore

Captain Becker

I did some a bit more diggin' and I would like to add another suggestion: the royalist uniforms incorporated greyish trousers. They could make up for the white if you'd like to use white arms.

If you take the historical part, you could technically make the army of the "chouans"...

They were royalists and were fighting in the middle of the 1790's.they look a bit like your minifig.

I have two suggestions though: white arms seems to be good, and flat hats, instead of those tall ones you have.

i found a picture on the net for you:

ChouanFoug_C3_A8resVitr_C3_A9_s.jpg

and this one is famous in France, he was the leader of the "chouans" army, le marquis de la roche jacquelin:

Marquis+Henri-de-la-rochejacquelein-1.jpeg

Thanks for all the ideas and pictures! Here is another I took last night. 5577618412_fb1d334487_z.jpg

I think I prefere the one with the white arms and backpack.

Yes, the "white guy" ... grey is ok, but white works defenitly better.

My suggestion is to use the guy on the far left but change the arms to red. Keep the hands white.

Where do you go to order parts for all of your minifigs?

Bricklink!

I think they look great, those torsos are awesome.

Thanks and thanks for not banning me too. I took only my ration of rum!

I think they look great, those torsos are awesome.

I agree... what sets do those torsos come from? With that many Flor De Lis on them, no doubt they are french!

Bricklink!

Man, bricklink is the greatest thing since sliced bread! But it seems to me that army building would become a costly affair, just judging by the pirate figures I've purchased on there... At least with building an army of sailors for the 30+ ships in my Spanish Main game I'm free to have a more ragtag, non uniform group of scoundrels!

I also thought how useful is this the torso, but it becomes the troops very very formals, like knights

But well, I like with the white arms and yellow hands, brown backpack, white epaulettes, but try with black or brown pants (even sand), it should make more soldier type design

I want to see an army like that :thumbup:

Wow. :drool:

First you see the 64 Royalists, then the rest stretching into the distance!

Any updates on the fort?

Edited by Skipper

Now that's an army.....but where are the generals ? :pir-wink:

Excellent collection....any cannons ? :pir-wink:

Brick On Fight On 'Commodore Hornbricker' ! :pir-wink:

Always remember.........Viva La Company ! :pir-grin:

Any updates on the fort?

Unfortunately it is still in the same condition as the last time I updated that thread. When I don't have time to build, which I haven't for the past year, I tend to army build.

Now that's an army.....but where are the generals ? pirate_wink.gif

Excellent collection....any cannons ? pirate_wink.gif

Brick On Fight On 'Commodore Hornbricker' ! pirate_wink.gif

Always remember.........Viva La Company ! pirate_laugh2.gif

I ran out of room for the Generals and Admirals. Must be around 20 or so of them on each side.

I think I might have a few cannons somewhere...pirate_tong.gif

Hmm to be honest I think a custom decal would work much better here, however with the existing Lego torsos in mind I can understand your choice as it has something like the fleur-de-lys in it.

The musketeers look great though! I do spot that only the first row has the new white printed hats! Maybe it would be a good idea to paint the rest by yourself? if you do it properly I think nobody would see much of a difference!

By the way, the size of your army is very, very impressive! :pir-oh:

Good idea making these troops. I'm glad that Lego has incorporated the "fleur de lis" into many parts (impeiral soldiers, castle, mimifigure series)

Edited by Hiawatha