Oky

D2C Contest: PQ Chess

This entry is awesome.

Chess is my favourite boardgame (better than LEGO's to) and you are defintly(erm... spelling?) getting my vote

Do you want to play? :grin:

And to bad for wrong colored squares.

Anyway, it looks great!

Good luck in contest!

Oh, silly me. I guess not having played chess for a long time, I have forgotten the setup rules. :blush: Since it seems to bother you guys so much, here's a picture of it with the right order of squares and queens. I have also given Jake a torch to make him stand out as the king.

p1090525_small.jpg

This is nice. But I would've used the lesser mummies as pawns rather than skeletons. Plus, the knights should be riding the scarab beetle!

I only have two or three of those mummies and I don't want to buy three more Golden Staff Guardians sets just for this entry. And the scarab is well over 4 studs long.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I have one silly question.

Is CM Pharaoh king or queen? :blush:

If it's the king, well than, you placed him wrong. :hmpf_bad:

But IMHO, I think black pharoah minifig looks better like a king. :thumbup:

I'm sorry for bothering you. :blush:

Anyway, you are getting my vote. :laugh::thumbup:

Is it really that hard to see that it's supposed to be the Queen? :wacko: I was hoping that now that the two queens are facing each other, there wouldn't be a doubt about that anymore. I guess I really do need that S5 Cleopatra...

And what do you mean by "black pharaoh minifig"?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

That fig, next to CM Pharaoh.

I didn't know how to describe it.

It stands 7 fields in front of Jake (if that's the name of main character in PQ) and it holds gold thing wth trans-light

blue crystal.

I really need to pay more attention to those sets.

So, CM Pharaoh is a queen. :wacko: I thought he looks like a woman, but I needed to ask, just in case.

Again, I'm sorry for bothering you, but on first picture he(/she?) was placed in front of Jake(?)...

Very inventive entry, I'd buy this if it was a real set :sweet:

Great job Oky!

Excellent idea, Oky Wan Kenobi, and you pulled It off brilliantly! I love the detailing round the board, and the overall design very nice. If this set was released, and if it wasn't too pricey, I'd get it!

Great chess set. I can see this being sold as a real set. :thumbup: I like the base's details.

But I despise you now. Johnny Thunder is a pawn. Johnny Thunder cannot be the pawn. :angry::laugh: