danthaman11

MOC: 7 Wide Cars

I shared one of my 7 wide sports car a few weeks back. It got a pretty good reception so I thought I would share some of my other designs. First up is the other sports car I designed, its also seven wide and seats 2 minifigs. If I were a lego minifig this is the car I would drive. This is the black with orange stripes version. I also made it in a couple of of other colors.

BlackOrangeMain1figuresmale1A.jpg

BlackOrange21figuresmale2A.jpg

BlackOrange3A.jpg

BlackOrange5A.jpg

BlackOrangeMainemptyAsmall.jpg

BlackOrange7A.jpg

Second up this is a seven wide SUV that seats 4 minifigs. I always wanted a car that fit 4 minifigs so this is my attempt to make that happen. This is the dark green version. It was challenging to build with such limited parts available in that color. Dark green 1x2 plates are very expensive. I also made the SUV in dark blue, black and classic blue with white. The dark green looks the same as the other colors but the design is a lot different due to the limited parts.

DarkGreenSUVMain1a.jpg

DarkGreenSUV3asmall.jpg

DarkGreenSUV4asmall.jpg

DarkGreenSUVCItyAsmall.jpg

GroupPhoto2Asmall.jpg

GroupPhoto5Asmall.jpg

Last but not least this is my latest seven wide design. Its a taxi cab seats 2 minifigs. Has a storage behind the seats for a couple of minifig suitcases. This is my first car design with the new 3x6x3 windshield. The best new part for 2011 in my opinion.

Taxi1A.jpg

Taxi2A.jpg

Taxi3A.jpg

Taxi4A.jpg

Taxi9A.jpg

Taxi8.jpg

Thank you all for looking. Here is a link to my flickr sets if you want to see some of the other colors.

My link

These are seriously incredible. I would so love instructions for them. Thank you so much for sharing!

These are fantastic - I thought the orange/black car was very nice, but then I saw the SUV - Superb. I've made a lot of 8-wide cars and dont really like the fact that I have a 6 wide windscreen and use the same bonnet and roof wedge, but that leaves a whole stud width on either side, but 7 wide looks fantastic.

The dark blue and dark green are incredible colours to have used - Dark red maybe as another colour?

Well done - show more...

Excellent creations including one AWESOME sports car ! :grin:

Fantastic designing there and Brick On 'danthaman11' ! :grin:

Very impressive collection of 7-wide vehicles danthaman! All three look really great and most importantly, they can actually fit multiple minifigs inside. I really like the cool-looking black car with the orange race stripes, but the SUVs are equally great too. The taxi is ok, but I think you forgot to put the basic element - passenger seats at the back. But overall, excellent job on all of these. :thumbup:

Awesome MOCs Danthaman11 :thumbup: I've loved your creations from the first time I saw them. These are very sleek cars, from the roadster to the police cruiser. Very good work :classic:

I really like that sports car, its jut plain awesome, as well the SUV! However, the taxi could have been better, but overall, great!

keep on brick'in danthaman11

I agree with everyone else on the seven wide designs. It is really nice to have a vehicle that's compatible with the streets but yet holds more than one person. That black roadster is hot! Nice job!

I like the car. Definitely the best colour scheme of it so far. Have you tried reversing the orange and black? I love the two colors together. I'm not sure which way I'd have them if I was driving that car. I'd probably need to have one of each.

Thank you all for the kind comments and critiques too, both are appreciated. :thumbup:

These are fantastic - I thought the orange/black car was very nice, but then I saw the SUV - Superb. I've made a lot of 8-wide cars and dont really like the fact that I have a 6 wide windscreen and use the same bonnet and roof wedge, but that leaves a whole stud width on either side, but 7 wide looks fantastic.

The dark blue and dark green are incredible colours to have used - Dark red maybe as another colour?

Well done - show more...

Thanks for liking the SUV mookage in the dark colors. Dark red is a great color, definately thought about making a car in that color as it has more parts available than dark blue or dark green which would make it easier. Just waiting for Lego to release the 4x6 wedge triple curved piece in dark red so I can make the hood right.

Great Job! I love your work on these. Can you show us your layout of your city? :thumbup:

Thanks. I would be happy to share the layout of my city. When I get some free time I will take some pics of it.

Very impressive collection of 7-wide vehicles danthaman! All three look really great and most importantly, they can actually fit multiple minifigs inside. I really like the cool-looking black car with the orange race stripes, but the SUVs are equally great too. The taxi is ok, but I think you forgot to put the basic element - passenger seats at the back. But overall, excellent job on all of these. :thumbup:

Thanks for the critique on the taxi. I designed a version that fit 4 minifigs but I thought it looked a little too big in proportion to the 6 wide cars. I try to get the cars to look okay with offical lego cars as I have both in my city. I will try to make a 4 seater sedan later this year.

I like the car. Definitely the best colour scheme of it so far. Have you tried reversing the orange and black? I love the two colors together. I'm not sure which way I'd have them if I was driving that car. I'd probably need to have one of each.

Thanks for liking the sports car. I have thought about making it in orange with black stripes also lime. The problem I find with the rarer colors is parts limitations. Lego seems to slowly release more parts in the rarer colors over time. Just waiting for lego to release some of the parts used in the car in those colors to make it happen. I wish Lego had a program where we could special order existing parts in the rarer colors.

Edited by danthaman11

Wow! These are fantastic. The best 7 wides I've seen in a long time! My favourite is the SUV.