timmorgan

Where do you keep your Minifigures?

That is actually very nice, I might have a look in my local Lidl. Thanks for the heads up.

Yep, those are very nice too.

The only thing is I have limited wall space, and would need around ten of those Ikea frames for a complete set of minifigs at the moment (which I'm not far off getting).

This deep frame can fit (at least) thirty minifig series in one go.

That would work out at spending £150 on frames at Ikea.

I'm sure series 9 won't be the last series, so I'm thinking long-term here.

Thanks for the link to the videos though, they provided some neat ideas.

Great find. I also have experimented with the ribba frame but find them too shallow. For example, the lizard guy doesn't fit in with his tail. Will make a trip to lidl. Hopefully still have some

Just a heads-up for UK collectors, picked up a nice display case from Lidl today, £29.99.

Solid, easy to put together and with shelves deep enough to store at least five rows back of minifigs.

It's also a nice coincidence that a whole row of sixteen minifigs fits nicely across the width of the shelf.

Will be able to fit a whole lotta small folks in there.

Pic here.

Nice. We have a thread for CMF storage/display options, will merge shortly....

So, my local lidl didn't have the frame mentioned above. A bit of searching showed a seller on amazon at slightly cheaper but more once postage was added. The link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOWCASE-Mounted-Display-Cabinet-Shelves/dp/B005C8W6SY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_1 Sadly, the cheap one is the beech one. I much prefer the white one but sadly that's not discounted! Looks like a great deal in lidl based on the RRP though :tongue:

Just picked up 6 of the small display cabinets from Standish Lidl in Wigan. Guess hubby is going to be very busy this afternoon *lol*

With 13 series and more to come, i wonder how can we showcase all the CMF in time to come. Suggestions? :grin:

I'll post some photos of my small collection of 8 sets soon. 6 series + Simpsons and Lego Movie.

I love the variety in all of these!

I found a post a long time ago about displaying lego in Shadow boxes, then a bit later another post about using a baseplate to "hang" the figs. I combined both and have these shadow boxes hanging in my dining room. These are nothing more than 6x8 black plates laid over a few baseplates, with the minifigure stands attached perpendicularly inbetween the studs (actually like mkeller234 just mentioned). Each case holds 99 figs which is enough for 6 sets plus 3 extras, I picked out some unique minifigs for the extras.

Series 1-6 with 3 extra characters: http://i.imgur.com/IBtrSdJ.jpg

Series 7-11 and the Lego Movies with 3 extras: http://i.imgur.com/H8MT3Ht.jpg

And then I found a nice print online of the patent of the minifigure for inbetween (sorry about bad focus on this pic): http://i.imgur.com/4bcJGni.jpg

I have 12 and 13 in a bag, once they get up to series 17 I'll make a third case. Or if they stop beforehand I have tons of different guys to fill in the gaps!

-Bananas

For the series I build stands which each hold 4 x 16 figures. These I keep in front of my books. The figures I collect for armies are on plates using wing pieces to create parallelograms so that they have a 45 degree angle to the front. (Click here or here)

Edited by S.I

Is this still about where to store minifigs?

Well, each of the series had so many "must have" figures for me that I just have too many to place them anywhere in a presentable way. :cry_sad:

So they are stored away, one cardboard box per series, covered with the flyers that come with each minifig.

My key question is: When I do not find a minifigure in the box where I expect it, where can it be?

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

16000598590_7b0cd09c59_n.jpg

cmf_display by FredJH, on Flickr

As mentioned awhile back, and in other threads, this is the latest picture using the Container Store display boxes. Each box can hold up to 35 figures (7 figures x 5 rows), but if you alternate 6-7-6-7-6, you not only get exactly 32 (two complete sets of 16 CMFs), but the staggering lets you more easily see figures that aren't in the front. Keeps the dust off, gives a very high display density (more figures in less space), and they're stackable. They are $10 each at the container store, but then you need to build the stands. You can use the stands that come with it, but then you only get three levels.... the upside being a lot of space for each figure.

The brick part of the display stands uses colors of the series, but internally it's whatever I had the most of (and least use for) at the time. The picture shows up to series 12 (minus the movie series, which I wasn't a big fan of and only got a few figures I wanted), plus the Simpsons and my collection of (real LEGO) Superheroes.

EDIT: BTW, the Simpsons are in a different Container Store case - a smaller one that seems more suitable for a single series. When the next Simpsons comes out, I'll likely use the big case and put both series in - at the time I made it, I figured the Simpsons for a one-off. But if you like keeping them dust free and separated into each series on it's own, it's a decent choice - the visual clarity of the box isn't as good as the other display boxes, though.

Edited by fred67