thegurumb

Why do you collect the Collectible Minifigures?

Why? My main answer would have be MOCcing possibilities. The only problem now is that i have waay too many "to make" projects based around the collectable figs in my "to build" list, if you call that a problem that is... :laugh:

Plus, as other ppl have mentioned, the ratio of female:male minifigs in the collectables is a huge boost to the ranks of female minifigs in my collection, and very welcome.

And again, it's always nice to get minifigs that hark back to older lines that we might not have - ninjas and samurai, forestmen, cowboys and native americans etc. :thumbup:

They are impulse purchases that are hard to pass up.

It is also nice to have variety in my collection since I'm not an army builder.

The minifigures have new prints, pieces, and accessories. The collecting aspect is fun, and I know that once their out, I'd have only 3 months to complette a series, which makes me buy large quantities of them when I see them.

I like to collect mostly ones that add diversity as civilians (Painter/Surfer etc). I also like to collect ones that I just simply "like" such as the Viking, Musketeer and Spartan. also they are one of the cheapest nicest LEGO item you can get.

They are a great source for figs for a City. :thumbup:

Edited by Macoco

I have a few reasons:

- The CMF series lured me out of my dark ages (along with the Winter sets), so it has a special place in my heart

- I enjoy the collect-em-all aspect, although I generally don't collect the way SW collectors do, and I open everything I buy (in general).

- I like how there are subthemes across CMF series, such as the halloween/monster theme or circus theme. I especially like the "warriors" (spartan,dwarf,chief,elf, etc)

- They're just generally pretty cool and fun

Reasons I sometimes consider not collecting them anymore, even though nobody asked: :blush:

- We seem to get a new wave every 3 months. It's getting expensive quickly.

- The blind bagging is heinous. The rigamarole we all have to go through to save money and get what we want is tedious and frustrating.

- Start thinking maybe I don't need every single one. One skateboarder would have been enough, etc.

I only have four so far, so I'm not sure I can really be considered a collector, but I just really like the opportunity to get figures and accessories that would probably never show up in a regular set. For those of us who are mainly City builders, the collectible figs help fill out the population with more than just cops, prisoners, and firefighters. :tongue:

I collect them for the amazing parts.

Ever since I was small, hair, face and torso prints they were my favourite part of Lego. Printed legs (unheard of when I first started getting Lego) are even better. I suppose minifigs are my dolls, I adore building figures with character and making them a past and an adventure. I have multiples of many of the figures, their accessories are fab too, so sometimes I will buy many of one figure just for the cool accessory. I have stopped buying boxes of the things though. Two series was enough :laugh: I still buy plenty though.

Come to think of it, mini-parts are the reason I buy most clone brands too...

I collect them not for the figures themselves (for example, collecting the hockey players for a small game vig), but for their unique part usages, or thinking outside of the box if you know what I mean. :classic:

The Collectable Minifigures got me out of my Dark Age. So while I like them, when trying to collect full series without getting too many extras, my wallet hates me again!

I collect them to display. I need only those that I like (almost all of them :) ) They are small, no unnecessary pieces and relatively cheap.

Reasons why I collect them:

I like the variety of figures included in each series.

I like the unique figures that have appeared in the CMF line, that most likely would never have shown up in a set.

I like the fact that I can 'army build' certain specific figs without breaking the bank TOO badly (though the time required to find them now is a bit of pain...really miss the barcodes).

I like the new parts that have appeared due to the CMF line.

I've been a minifig fan since they first appeared and the CMFs just fuel that love.

Hello!

I do not collect them. But I appreciate that they are available with so many nice faces and torsos. So I buy one of them whenever I need one for a certain scene. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I guess there are many reasons. I started as a guy that just wanted a space man and a robot in series 1, but of course I ended up getting other figs because of the random packaging and not being always able to use bar codes. So, I had a caveman and a wrestler and an indian and they make good stuff to display together.

Nowadays , specially because of series 4 being widely available I have plenty of CM to display and they look nice in quantity as they are very varied. Things like the mime and the geisha are so impressive that you can really show them off.

There are also some figs like the hazmat I try to army build because of their sci-fi value. Other figs are just way cool, like the Geisha as it is very detailed so I have a couple of them. The parts are also useful sometimes, specially the fact that the CM usually come with very nice detail in yellow print. Certain figs like the hockey player, the hazmat guy, the artist and the gnome have just greatly awesome face prints.

The blind packaging is seriously getting old though. I really wanted the artist ever since the first CGI shots, but out of luck I already have five of them and that's three more than I needed. It is not a big deal to me, because I have plenty of artist accessories, but I imagine there are three kids out there that would have liked the artist and couldn't get it because of the lack of a see-through bag. It gives us AFOL a couple of unfair advantages as we have more money and access to information such as the dot patterns and how the parts look. I used that stuff to amass me three hazmat guys so far, I guess kids won't have such luck.

Edited by vexorian

I guess there are many reasons. I started as a guy that just wanted a space man and a robot in series 1, but of course I ended up getting other figs because of the random packaging and not being always able to use bar codes. So, I had a caveman and a wrestler and an indian and they make good stuff to display together.

Nowadays , specially because of series 4 being widely available I have plenty of CM to display and they look nice in quantity as they are very varied. Things like the mime and the geisha are so impressive that you can really show them off.

There are also some figs like the hazmat I try to army build because of their sci-fi value. Other figs are just way cool, like the Geisha as it is very detailed so I have a couple of them. The parts are also useful sometimes, specially the fact that the CM usually come with very nice detail in yellow print. Certain figs like the hockey player, the hazmat guy, the artist and the gnome have just greatly awesome face prints.

The blind packaging is seriously getting old though. I really wanted the artist ever since the first CGI shots, but out of luck I already have five of them and that's three more than I needed. It is not a big deal to me, because I have plenty of artist accessories, but I imagine there are three kids out there that would have liked the artist and couldn't get it because of the lack of a see-through bag. It gives us AFOL a couple of unfair advantages as we have more money and access to information such as the dot patterns and how the parts look. I used that stuff to amass me three hazmat guys so far, I guess kids won't have such luck.

try toywiz.com if u really want to the spaceman and the robot

I love the surprises aspect... a return to the excitement of grab bags when I was a kid. Now I'm a kid at heart. I also like the individual characters.

One of my main Lego passions is minifigures.

As a result, I enjoy getting such a wide variety of characters without having to buy sets. These figures are relatively cheap (considering that ordering spare figures on BL costs around $5 for a cheap minifigure), and very detailed. So, I have collected all the series so far, and it just makes me smile to see the great variety of figures we've got now.

As they are priced at £2 and as I only got back into LEGO this year it is a quick way to build up a decent amount of LEGO as well. Plus they are pretty cool

Because they are awesome. They are great little impulse buys, the accessories are unique and the individual print designs is great It adds so much variation to the more generic themes. Off topic but nexus2019 why do you keep posting that? They made one a in 2008 and stormtroopers aren't that hard to find.