Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Six

I'm certainly not convinced Helen is scum. Guess we should work on that riddle...

Ok I'm quite confused. Let's try to make some sense of this.

Firstly, we set Helen up to test her night action claim last night. and had Kenda follow her to make sure she did as we asked. Now we find Kenda dead. Helen knew that Kenda was the watcher, and as she suspected we were going to test her, this was a likely kill for her if she is the new arsonist. Which I believe she is.

Do you have some proof that Helen knew of Kenda's action?

Next, we have the suspicious claim this morning from Helen that her action was unsuccessful. As I know for a fact that someone targeted the person she was meant to watch, I know this is a lie.

So if Helen is the Arsonist, did she both kill Kenda and target this other person, during the same night?

I suspect, as a theory, that Helen and Felix were both converted, as this makes the most sense to me.

Indeed, but they certainly didn't act as though they were in the same team. Helen was instrumental in having Felix lynched, and Felix made sure to let everyone know that he had been converted, instead of downplaying that part since Def had been revived in the same way the night before.

Alternatively, since we don't have entirely conclusive evidence, I would be willing to give Helen the benefit of the doubt for the time being in favour of a better conviction. I thought it was time for the information to be made public anyway, as this should be a group decision.

There is a puzzle here that must be unraveled, and it's a good thing that you have brought this information forward.

This would warrant a more detailed explanation I believe, because it is key to some of the doubt cast on you, Helen. How exactly are those two separate situations?

This hasn't been answered yet.

What remains unanswered is whether the revival could be influenced in some way to produce a conversion, which might explain Helen and Felix both being scum afterwards.

The magic balm could be cursed, so that the revived are brought back as Demon Legionnaires. This doesn't necessarily make the reviver a Legionnaire himself.

Ok, so we have conflicting evidence here. There are two possibilities:

Helen is scum, because:

- she was investigated and found scum

- she may have known about Kenda's action

- she may have lied about her action being unsuccessful last night

- she was revived in apparently the same way as Felix was

Helen is not scum, because:

- she did fight for having Lauren lynched on day 3, after she was revived

- she also fought for having Felix lynched on day 4

What makes the more sense?

I'm sure I said it to a few people in private.

This is true. I'm sure I remember you mentioning your suspicion of Kenda publicly at some point aswell.

Next, we have the suspicious claim this morning from Helen that her action was unsuccessful. As I know for a fact that someone targeted the person she was meant to watch, I know this is a lie.

I don't see what your point is here. How does this confirm that Helen was lying?

Actually, it needs to be repeated again: Booker is hypothesizing that I was converted before I persecuted Lauren and Felix. That makes no sense whatsoever. That is not a successful strategy, taking out two of your few teammates. Anyone who can believe that isn't thinking things through. Sorry, it needs to be flatly said.

I could see you aggressively accusing Lauren if you were scum, as she was very likely to have been lynched that day. Felix was also quite clearly about to be lynched. The thing that's causing me to falter is that if you and Felix were both scum together on day four, then that entire argument between you was staged. I think it would be very difficult for two people to fake something like that.

I'd really like some clarification on exactly how much Helen knew about peoples abilities. Helen seems fairly certain that she was not aware of Kenda having a night action, so it would be nice to have some confirmation either way. That said, I don't really think we should disregard an investigation result just because of the possibility of Helen being framed unless there is very strong evidence in favour of that. I need to think about past events (specifically the Lauren and Felix bandwagons) to make sure that my interpretation is correct before I decide where to vote.

This evidence against Helen is quite strong, and is definitely worth looking in to. .

Yes, I was undercover scum, successfully rallying to convict my own team twice! (no emoticons, so you have to imagine my eyes rolling to the back of my head)

Looking into, sure. But it's impossible now. I was blocked last night, and expect to be blocked until convicted. Scum have managed to paint me with their brush, so the only way to get an honest reading will be from my corpse. And yes, they are laughing every time someone makes up their mind against me.

I'd really like some clarification on exactly how much Helen knew about peoples abilities. Helen seems fairly certain that she was not aware of Kenda having a night action, so it would be nice to have some confirmation either way. That said, I don't really think we should disregard an investigation result just because of the possibility of Helen being framed unless there is very strong evidence in favour of that. I need to think about past events (specifically the Lauren and Felix bandwagons) to make sure that my interpretation is correct before I decide where to vote.

I may as well get it out into the open, my hand forced like Lazlo was. I am the watcher, I can see who targets others. I followed Edgar night one, and he was targeted by Sandy, Zepher and Esk. This put me into communication with them. Esk and Sandy openly worked with me, assuming I was town, while Lauren/Zepher was cagy, and that reading helped convict him. I also targeted myself nights two and three. I got no reading night two because I died, and Felix/Shadows targeted me night three, which is how we could be pretty sure he was trying to kill me.

According to Felix, he was neutral at that point, trying to kill me because he thought I was scum, then he was revived/converted (about 1/4 of Booker's 'evidence'), but, we all know Felix is a pathological liar, and scum, so his take on things can't be trusted at all.

The other two townies with abilities (still alive) both contacted me on their own, and are alive. I had no idea about the others, and Booker can verify that i didn't try to fish him for names. On day three, after there was some suspicion of me because of my revival, I just handed all my info to Booker to save trouble. 100% cooperative.

I'd like to know how trustworthy the investigator is that came forward with the info on Helen. Has said investigator been tested to make sure they are a true investigator and not insane or paranoid? When did they contact Booker? Who else have they investigated?

Here's my thoughts. Helen, while frustrating me at times, has appeared on the level with us and was instrumental in catching two demon worshippers. Booker was also instrumental in those convictions. It's very possible this investigator is trying to play us all for fools.

I am the watcher, I can see who targets others.

If you're the watcher, then what was Kenda doing?? The crystal ball looks like a watching action to me :wacko: . Don't tell me there are two watchers like there are two town revivers. :look:

It doesn't matter now, though, it seems like you're a target to the scum if you are truly the watcher.

part of that anagram is helen and framed. At least 'God' has a 'conscience'

Nope, not enough 'e's. Framed hippo.

Well, that's a good try, but not quite it at all.

The riddles get you to the answers, it's not an answer in and of itself.

I'd like to know how trustworthy the investigator is that came forward with the info on Helen. Has said investigator been tested to make sure they are a true investigator and not insane or paranoid? When did they contact Booker? Who else have they investigated?

I second this motion. Let me ask about it this way: Did the investigator investigate Lauren or Felix and found them to be scum?

it sounds strange, but I received a notice that I was found guilty. Strange, huh? I trust that reader, so that's why I assume it was a frame.

@ scouts, As for the two watchers, I don't think that's the case. Booker said Kendra was going to watch me, which would be pointless with my ability. Kendra most likely was a tracker, able to see who a person targets. Mine is the opposite ability, seeing who was targeted.

Well, that's a good try, but not quite it at all.

The riddles get you to the answers, it's not an answer in and of itself.

I wrote that 'framed hippo' at 2 am, it probably isn't right. As for answers to the riddle having any meaning, that's God's decision, not yours. Already this game has been overflowing with irregularity.

@ scouts, As for the two watchers, I don't think that's the case. Booker said Kendra was going to watch me, which would be pointless with my ability. Kendra most likely was a tracker, able to see who a person targets. Mine is the opposite ability, seeing who was targeted.

Ok, thanks for explaining that. I did not know of a tracker role, really. I thought it was just a watcher.

If you were framed then who knew the investigator was going to look at you that night?

I don't like how when we don't understand what's happening we just say the scum must have another ability. How many can they possibly have? Killer, converter, blocker, role hijacker, framer, some crow?, kidnapper, janitor, etc. If the scum started with five members like the frog has been rumored to say, did each of them get 2 or 3 actions? That sounds tremendously excessive.

If you were framed then who knew the investigator was going to look at you that night?

I don't like how when we don't understand what's happening we just say the scum must have another ability. How many can they possibly have? Killer, converter, blocker, role hijacker, framer, some crow?, kidnapper, janitor, etc. If the scum started with five members like the frog has been rumored to say, did each of them get 2 or 3 actions? That sounds tremendously excessive.

I don't know that they knew to frame me. Usually framer is a role that you luck out with. But, if they knew, it's likely to be the same way they knew to kill Walter and ISC/Kendra.

As for what scums actual roles are, I have no idea. But since town had revivors, which is a major imbalance toward town, the scum must have some filthy tricks up their sleeves to balance that out.

I don't know that they knew to frame me. Usually framer is a role that you luck out with. But, if they knew, it's likely to be the same way they knew to kill Walter and ISC/Kendra.

We need to know who could have had access to such information. Even if you and Booker don't want to out other people in your group unnecessarily, you two need to work out who a mole could be. We're about halfway through the day and I don't feel comfortable voting for anybody right now. We need to convict a scum.

Although there has been brought quite some 'evidence' against Helen Hippo to the table, I don't feel comfortable enough to vote for her.

Unfortunately I haven't got any information on Helen, so I can't contribute that much... :hmpf_bad:

I could see you aggressively accusing Lauren if you were scum, as she was very likely to have been lynched that day. Felix was also quite clearly about to be lynched. The thing that's causing me to falter is that if you and Felix were both scum together on day four, then that entire argument between you was staged. I think it would be very difficult for two people to fake something like that.

Indeed, there was an investigation result on Lazlo, which strongly suggested Lauren was a Demon Legion member. And Felix' conviction was clearly inevitable. But Helen leading the conviction of Lauren suggests she wasn't scum on day 3 and the fight after Helen's resurrection on day 4 and Felix' claim the day he'd be lynched suggest they weren't working together. :sceptic:

I'd really like some clarification on exactly how much Helen knew about peoples abilities. Helen seems fairly certain that she was not aware of Kenda having a night action, so it would be nice to have some confirmation either way.

Confirmation of a person not knowing something is kind of hard to come by...

That said, I don't really think we should disregard an investigation result just because of the possibility of Helen being framed unless there is very strong evidence in favour of that.

Agreed again, we can't really ignore the evidence. Just like we didn't ignore the evidence against Sheldon yesterday.

But if we wouldn't decide for voting off Helen today, what do we do today?

Ok, thanks for explaining that. I did not know of a tracker role, really. I thought it was just a watcher.

'God' tends to mix those up as well. :wink:

I tend to agree with Helen and expect the scum to have quite a few one-shot (or limited-shot) manipulative abilities.

I have been reading back and forth in this discussion and I am feeling very perplexed... One of the key findings, is whether we could assume and trust that investigative findings about Helen... Indeed, she has been very helpful to our town and it will be a terrible loss if she was truly converted especially after helping us to score against Lauren and Felix. However, Booker sounds very confident and seem to trust his source and I trust Booker too. At this stage, I really need to give more thoughts to this grave matter...

Indeed, there was an investigation result on Lazlo, which strongly suggested Lauren was a Demon Legion member. And Felix' conviction was clearly inevitable. But Helen leading the conviction of Lauren suggests she wasn't scum on day 3 and the fight after Helen's resurrection on day 4 and Felix' claim the day he'd be lynched suggest they weren't working together. :sceptic:

I've been thinking it over, and the evidence from day 4 can probably be disregarded. After all Felix was doomed from the start, AND he just had been revived in the same way as Helen. When he would be revealed as Demon Legionnaire, people would connect the revivals. Given this, and also that Helen already had attacked Felix the previous day, there was no other logical choice but attacking him again.

And we don't know for sure that the revival was responsible for any conversion. Felix may have been Demon from the start, or he may have been converted in a different way. Same for Helen. She may have been converted the night she was investigated, for example.

One more strange thing. On Day 3, Helen 'knew' right from the start that she had been attacked by the Arsonist and a Legionnaire. I'm not sure how she would be so sure, considering that she didn't knew at the time who the vigilante was. Can anyone confirm telling Helen what Benji would be up to that night?

I've been thinking it over, and the evidence from day 4 can probably be disregarded. After all Felix was doomed from the start, AND he just had been revived in the same way as Helen. When he would be revealed as Demon Legionnaire, people would connect the revivals. Given this, and also that Helen already had attacked Felix the previous day, there was no other logical choice but attacking him again.

That's a very good point :look:

This is true. I'm sure I remember you mentioning your suspicion of Kenda publicly at some point aswell.

A lot of people (myself included) were suspicious of Kenda early on; I don't see how this helps.

If Helen is scum, the question is not whether Helen knew about Kenda's (or people's) abilities, but if the scum knew. And it is impossible now to find out who knew what and when.

As to that:

I'm sure I said it to a few people in private. While I knew about Esk's ability, I had no clue about Walter and ISC's. One reason is I never asked. Need to know basis after all. It seems someone who to target, and it wasn't me.

(today)

:hmpf_bad: Since I was targeted by both the scum and the arsonist, that should pretty much clear me. I've been trying to get town working together, so all town with roles contact me with what you know.. I have some info already from a few people and want to get things together.

(day three)

There was a lot of time during which Helen was trusted as the towniest of town, during which who knows who contacted her before suspicion was cast. Which is more likely: Helen was 'framed' on the exact night she was investigated, or she was scum (converted or not) playing a very clever game? And which is the bigger risk: we lynch someone with an investigation result against them, though there is a slight possibility she was 'framed', or let a possible demon legion member off, and instead take a guess at someone else?

If Helen is town, her ability will be next to useless now it's out in the open. I'm sorry, Helen, but I think we must test this investigation result the hard way:

vote: Helen Hippo (def)

As it was I who brought forward the original accusation, I will now back that up with my vote. I think Cameron has explained it well; we have some solid leads against Helen which can't be ignored, and we don't have any other substantial evidence against anyone currently. Therefore, with the best of intentions, I shall Vote: Helen Hippo (def).

One more strange thing. On Day 3, Helen 'knew' right from the start that she had been attacked by the Arsonist and a Legionnaire. I'm not sure how she would be so sure, considering that she didn't knew at the time who the vigilante was. Can anyone confirm telling Helen what Benji would be up to that night?

The only reason I assumed it was a demon, and not the vig is because I didn't think I had done anything to make a vig take a risk on me. On the contrary, a number of people had already contacted me, saying they assumed I was town, including Benji (though I didn't know he was the vig until after his death).

Cameron, Booker, you guys are ignoring all the solid arguments I made.

On day three, I did recommend sending me your info to everyone, since it seemed obvious that I wasn't scum after those results. That wasn't clear to everyone else, and that same day, I recommended sending info to Booker instead.

It seems scum does know some town roles, which could well mean they know how to frame me. So, Cameron and booker want to sacrifice one of the few townies left with a night ability to test it.

Booker's case against me only has one true fact, that he got a scum reading on me. The rest is 100% wrong.

I'll be mostly too busy to counter any false theories by the end of the day, so I'll leave you, my beautiful, fellow townies, with this: Booker has an info leak. That leak may get me lynched. If and when my justice-loving town blood gets spilt, Booker must reveal who he's been spilling things to, or else you'll have to face the unthinkable: that he could have been recruited. This is not a revenge statement, it's been genuinely perplexing how he ignored the flaws in his argument.

I appreciate that some of you have not jumped on the lynch bandwagon. Please keep in mind, we're under no obligation to lynch unless God says so. I think it would be better to keep me around, even if scum know my ability, to waste a kill or block from them.

And Fugazi, when you sent me your theories and info, did I try to scummily manipulate you into giving me more, and poisoning your logic, or did I townily ask you to forward it to Booker, since that was who I've been trusting the last few days?

And Fugazi, when you sent me your theories and info, did I try to scummily manipulate you into giving me more, and poisoning your logic, or did I townily ask you to forward it to Booker, since that was who I've been trusting the last few days?

You did tell me to share what I had with Booker, because you had too much going on to give it full attention, so for what it's worth that much is true.

I'm not convinced of anything right now, and I'm trying to find flaws in both sides' arguments. I can't imagine that Booker would lie about the investigation result, but the investigation itself could have been manipulated somehow. There probably is a leak somewhere as Helen mentioned, whether it's her or someone else is not something I can find out myself.

It must also be reminded that in the absence of a conviction, the Demon Legion may be gifted with additional powers. This is not something we want. Or maybe that's why some people remain silent right now: for them, it's a win-win situation.

Last but not least, for 5 days now people have been able to talk to the frog and possibly ask for clues to help solve our ordeal. I hope that this information is being shared for the greater good, because right now we could use some clues.

vote tally

Helen Hippo (def): 2 votes (Rufus, Dragonator)

24 hours remain in Day 6.

17.jpg

The Baker was at the fountain putting another enchantment on the frog. Daxia approached with a book.

18.jpg

The Baker's wife was tired of the evil Daxia and wanted a chance to kick her megablocks.

"Sorry, Daxia." She said, sweetly, "But, we've enchanted the frog so that the magic from your book won't have any impact on it."

19.jpg

SPLAT!

"Did you enchant it against the impact of the book itself?" Daxia asked, smirking.

20.jpg

The Baker and his wife were crushed, but not as crushed as the frog was.

"This isn't The Book of the Demon Legion, anyway." Daxia explained, "It's called Werewolf. There's this character I love named Harriet. But, there's a really stupid Werewolf in the first chapter."

21.jpg

Meanwhile, Booker Bear was taking a stroll in the forest and paused to take a piss on a tree stump.

SPLAT!

That was mean! :angry: Who is going to spout utter nonsense now?

Meanwhile, Booker Bear was taking a stroll in the forest and paused to take a piss on a tree stump.

That's hilarious! :laugh:

<ahem>

Watch out for the spontaneous combustion, Booker! :look:

I'm not convinced of anything right now, and I'm trying to find flaws in both sides' arguments. I can't imagine that Booker would lie about the investigation result, but the investigation itself could have been manipulated somehow. There probably is a leak somewhere as Helen mentioned, whether it's her or someone else is not something I can find out myself.

It must also be reminded that in the absence of a conviction, the Demon Legion may be gifted with additional powers. This is not something we want. Or maybe that's why some people remain silent right now: for them, it's a win-win situation.

Yes, I told you I didn't want to deal with it, but if I were scum, I wouldn't automatically send it to Booker, I would just do... Oh, I don't know, but I wouldn't have advised you to share info with him instead of me.

As for the investigation results, i've mentioned in a few places, that was that result, God informed me of it. My first question to God was, was I recruited? And his reply was that was the result. So, that is the one legit part of Bookers argument.

I don't remember hearing that the demon legion get a gift if there's no conviction, but I'll trust that that has been expressly said somewhere and I missed it.

Off topic, about Helen's mental state, Helen's psychotic alter ego been much more settled recently, and though he's not passionate to play games, he's far more fit to take part. Including attacking back at a nasty smear campaign by lard megablocks scum bums from around the world without losing his temper :wink: Helen's always been fine, it was that psycho alter ego causing the problems...

Yes, I told you I didn't want to deal with it, but if I were scum, I wouldn't automatically send it to Booker, I would just do... Oh, I don't know, but I wouldn't have advised you to share info with him instead of me.

Unless the information was worthless, or that it would somehow mislead Booker, of course. But I'm just playing the devil's advocate.

As for the investigation results, i've mentioned in a few places, that was that result, God informed me of it. My first question to God was, was I recruited? And his reply was that was the result. So, that is the one legit part of Bookers argument.

You bring up an interesting point. I'm probably daft, but I don't understand why you would be informed of your own investigation result by God himself? Or did you ask him after Booker shared his suspicions?

You bring up an interesting point. I'm probably daft, but I don't understand why you would be informed of your own investigation result by God himself? Or did you ask him after Booker shared his suspicions?

I am such a neurotic paranoid that I have no issues with a devil's advocate.

As for 'God', well he's, as we know by now, deliriously inconsistent, playing dice with the universe, as Einstein said.

He informed me along with my night results, and I contacted Booker and his partner first to try to keep this mess under control.