Sign in to follow this  
Sirens-of-Titan

Dwarven Clan Wars (MOC)

indexed.gif

My latest creation:

(I was looking for a full blown Dwarf city but there were none I could find, so i decided to build the first :grin: ). I present:

Omurtag: a Dwarven city deep beneath the ground, below the Kingdoms of men. Torrents of magma flow through its heart, and the faces of the old idols decorate its streets and buildings. Dwarves believe their ancestral heroes to be divine and worship them as such. The city was built as a standing monument to Dwarven pride and tradition, but the scene could not be more-different today.

1301183201m_DISPLAY.jpg

For the last hundred years King Tervel Irongut has been ruling the city as the sole monarch. A direct descendant of Omur Irongut (the founder of the city and a mythological warrior) King Tervel has stuck to traditional Dwarven values and politics for what his people believe is far too long. He has forbidden trade with the surface worlds, as well as social mobility beyond one’s clan. Worse yet, his entire royal guard, and the whole nobility is made up of fellow Irongut Clansmen, a fact that has pushed the rest of Omurtag’s citizen’s to the edge of frustration.

From the tension a prominent clan of smiths and warriors; The Steelcaster Clan, has arisen to lead a rebellion against the King, recruiting numerous craftsmen and traders in a move on the King’s Palace Complex where the Irongut Clan makes its home.

In his frustration and inaptitude, King Tervel summons a group of well-known surface heroes to help him resolve the situation, before there is an all out Clan War.

Asparuh the Warrior, Liarah the Elf, and an Ork sorcerer known only as “Him” have arrived and are the only thing that stands between order, and a bloody war.

1301183281m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301183239m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301183288m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301183307m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301183323m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301183363m_DISPLAY.jpg

As the crowd screams “Down with King Tervel!” and “death to Clan Irongut!” the future of an entire city hangs in the balance.

The build without the figures:

1301183347m_DISPLAY.jpg

1301183343m_DISPLAY.jpg

I hope you like it, you can also check out more pictures and a full story on MOCPages

Comments are welcome! :wink:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Simply an amazing build Sirens-Of-Titan! I really love the overall uniqueness of the building techniques you've employed in this build, like the clever use of the cheese slopes and the intricate detailing of the walls and the floor tile work. Excellent job! :thumbup:

Great job on this, Sirens-of-Titans! Everything is well thought of and well built. The stonework (love the statue) especially stands out, and replacing the water in rivers and fountains with lava is genius.

A beautiful creation again SoT! Love the smoothness throughout. The weightlifting dwarf is a nice statue. The walls and flooring are just amazing. Great story and it all adds up to gold! Might even make the Frontpage once the Maersk Train review gets some run time too :grin:

I don't have to remind you to keep em coming. :wub:

The detail and stonework is amazing, the figs are cool, it is just amazing! I could never hope to acheive somthing this great!

Nice to see less popular factions such as dwarves getting some attention.

I love everything about this MOC! It's so detailed and original, with excellent building techniques. Well done!

Edited by Gregorovich

Goodness what a SNOT job.....the floors are beautiful but not also forgetting the walls - what a creation ! :grin:

'Sirens-Of-Titan' you have out done yourself and that back story very creative indeed ! :thumbup:

Brick On ! :grin:

Ah, the pretty, it burns my eyes! :laugh: Loving the tiling, the big statue, the double doors, the bionicle (that's what they are, right?) masks, the magma river, the base, the backstory... i could go on in this vein for a while... :wub:

That is utterly amazing! And nice way to divide the dwarves into blue vs red. Pretty much every aspect of it is great.

Simply an amazing build Sirens-Of-Titan! I really love the overall uniqueness of the building techniques you've employed in this build, like the clever use of the cheese slopes and the intricate detailing of the walls and the floor tile work. Excellent job! :thumbup:

Thank you very much! :thumbup:

Great job on this, Sirens-of-Titans! Everything is well thought of and well built. The stonework (love the statue) especially stands out, and replacing the water in rivers and fountains with lava is genius.

The lava; I had to do it! :laugh: A little fantasy'ish but that's my mindset right now.

A beautiful creation again SoT! Love the smoothness throughout. The weightlifting dwarf is a nice statue. The walls and flooring are just amazing. Great story and it all adds up to gold! Might even make the Frontpage once the Maersk Train review gets some run time too :grin:

I don't have to remind you to keep em coming. :wub:

Wow I am honored! :cry_happy: And of course I have a few planned, I am sure you will like.

The detail and stonework is amazing, the figs are cool, it is just amazing! I could never hope to acheive somthing this great!

Nice to see less popular factions such as dwarves getting some attention.

Thank you! Like I posted above, I wanted to build something that hadn't been attempted all that much which left me with either a dwarf city or an elven city/forrest and the latter woulud have been much more difficult.

I love everything about this MOC! It's so detailed and original, with excellent building techniques. Well done!

Thank you sir! :thumbup:

Goodness what a SNOT job.....the floors are beautiful but not also forgetting the walls - what a creation ! :grin:

'Sirens-Of-Titan' you have out done yourself and that back story very creative indeed ! :thumbup:

Brick On ! :grin:

Thank you; I like to include the story to justify all of this madness. :wink:

Ah, the pretty, it burns my eyes! :laugh: Loving the tiling, the big statue, the double doors, the bionicle (that's what they are, right?) masks, the magma river, the base, the backstory... i could go on in this vein for a while... :wub:

Thank you, and you are correct about the Bionicle masks; the one inside the throne room and above the fountain on the second level looked a bit like a human face with a beard so that sparked the idea.

WOW! So detailed. I love all the detail with the cheese slopes? How many cheese slopes do you think you used?

There are over 250 tan slopes, probably just as many dark bley, and then a few hundred in assorted colors. So to answer your question; way too many! :grin:

Great Antarctic Icebergs! :thumbup:

Now that's what I call an epic MOC. You showed an amazing attention to details which I value much more over size. Actually your breathtaking MOC is something that makes me feel joy to know that there are still great Fantasy era fans around!

Nah, why am i telling you that, anyway!? You yourself know how astonishing this creation is! :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Ah, there's the cropped version, and I see it has your signature on it too. Indeed a testament to the quality of your craftsmanship is that I now see details that I didn't spot the first time when admiring the same photos on flickr, even on secondary, tertiary examination and so on.

I'm glad to finally see a full dwarven city in Bricky form. I really like the masonic feel you gave it with all the cheese slope details.

Great work!

Most awesome man! Fantastic!

There are so many ideas I myself had for fantasy mocs implemented in this awesome MOC I can't even count them!

The structure itself is built perfectly and gives away a sense of "dwarvenness" I never encountered in anything comparable. TLC official Dwarven Mine is a mere sham compared to the architectural features here!

I like all the small mosaic parts on the floor and walls the most. The door-designs (those are supposed to be doors in dwarf-size, aren't they?) are a close second.

I'm not entirely sold on that big ancestral statue, but it fits the scene anyway once you try perceiving it as some sort of anachronistic cultural heritage. Which fits the pop-culture dwarves, with all their focus on clan history and elder lore perfectly anyhow.

Now here's a thing I had planned but never got to: Bionicle masks as deco elements! They just fit and enrich the whole scene like nothing brick-built could in this way! A perfect juxtaposition of angular architecture and smooth deco.

The entire structures base is another point I love! Although it's sort of "in" to build dioramas this way nowadays your way of decorating the rim according to the main model vivifies the whole build even more.

Secondly you thought of diversing Dwarven clans the same way I did, by giving them differently coloured arms (edit:) and beards (how could I oversee THIS detail?)! Great stuff! Both rowing factions look pleasantly aggressive as well, which is hard to achieve given those small legs are not posable.

But what struck me most was that super cool group of adventurers! The troll-mage is my favourite (though I'd prefer my trolls to be bald by default ^__^°)!

Enough of appraisal! I bow my head humbly and enjoy the ride! Thank you!

Be well all!

Cutty

Edited by Cutty

It's so beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised to see other mocers do something similar to this, this is to die for, all the detail is wonderfull, nice one on making it unique, it reminds me of LOTR, which isn't a bad thing. I like the 3 warriors too, good job on the female elf, I think lego should make a female one though with long straight hair and ears poking out.

An marvelous moc indeed, well done :thumbup:

Outstanding MOC. The color scheme and level of detail is awesome. I love the dwarf statue. Great job.

Amazing MOC, I love the ornate patterns on the floor and walls, and the fact that it's built around a stream of lava, because let's face it, dwarves are that tough! :laugh:

Thank you all for the amazing comments, they inspire me to keep building these. :thumbup::blush:

Great Antarctic Icebergs! :thumbup:

... Actually your breathtaking MOC is something that makes me feel joy to know that there are still great Fantasy era fans around!...

Thank you sir, it means a lot coming from you! :sweet: And yes fantasy MOC's are what I'm going to do for a while so stay tuned! :grin:

There are so many ideas I myself had for fantasy mocs implemented in this awesome MOC I can't even count them!

But what struck me most was that super cool group of adventurers! The troll-mage is my favorite (though I'd prefer my trolls to be bald by default ^__^°)!

Thank you very much for the thorough and encouraging response Cutty! Great minds think alike as they say! :laugh: I'm glad we had similar ideas to put into brick form.I had to add the adventurers, as any PRG or fantasy fiction fan would know that without a group of colorful characters you might as well not tell the story. I am going to do something interesting with them from now on. :thumbup:

It's so beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised to see other mocers do something similar to this, this is to die for, all the detail is wonderful, nice one on making it unique, it reminds me of LOTR, which isn't a bad thing. I like the 3 warriors too, good job on the female elf, I think Lego should make a female one though with long straight hair and ears poking out.

An marvelous moc indeed, well done :thumbup:

Well thank you very much! It certainly is nice to hear, and I would encourage people to build in this style, it was the most fun and satisfying MOC I've built to date. The way the geometry looks in real life, unfortunately the pictures can't even capture. :sceptic: Nonetheless, I would be happy to share how it's built if anyone expresses interest. :grin:

Excellent work, this is a great MOC. I really love the masks on the wall, from Bionicle I think? Either way it is excellent and a great way to add those pieces to a non-technic project. Great job.

I forgot to ask what is directly under the cheese slopes on the floor SoT? Is it more tiling or just directly on studs? I am wondering on the height due to the fact the tiles around are exactly flush with the cheese SNOT.

I just worked it out as directly on studs. two plates and then tile on top = cheese SNOT height.

I am so smart, SMRT I mean SMART.

I absolutely love the beautiful cheesy :tongue: tiling on the floor.

The attention to detail in the whole thing is amazing.

Very nice work, love the details the 1x1 round plate gives to the pillars. And that Dwarven statue is awesome

This is an amazing MOC and the story really sells it. I love all the different SNOT techniques you used. Plus the figs you made are marvelous.