278 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Fantastic review guys!

Are detailed instructions included on how to motorize this train using power functions? Any link? I'd like to understand where the power box and IR receiver are to be placed and if this will mess with the looks or playability of this train.

I'd like to understand where the power box and IR receiver are to be placed and if this will mess with the looks or playability of this train.

I think the power box will be placed in the space where now the brick build motor is located. I have no idea though where the receiver will be placed.

Let's wait for the "officials" to say more.

I think the power box will be placed in the space where now the brick build motor is located. I have no idea though where the receiver will be placed.

Let's wait for the "officials" to say more.

In the Lego's official

, the designer says that the reciver should be placed in the blank space near the engine.

5571137364_506f13425c_z.jpg

However, I don't understand how will it fit in. That space seems too small.

Edited by gogocar

I think it's good above average, but not outstanding. Also there aren't that many pieces in Maersk blue if you look carefully, I think people are a bit overreacting about this.

I had promised myself a treat this spring if I had succeeded at something related to my profession, and I was thinking of this set... But now that I won the prize I'm not really sure anymore. Maybe I'll just get the engine from someone who buys multiple sets to have lots of wagons.

BTW, thanks for excellent review otherwise! :tongue:

Edited by Legoist

The little rounded brick on the roof is where the IR receiver goes. It won't be visible from the outside, as the panels that cover the battery box also cover the receiver's side. Those Maersk blue 1×2's will have to go mind you.

In the Lego's official

, the designer says that the reciver should be placed in the blank space near the engine.

5571137364_506f13425c_z.jpg

However, I don't understand how will it fit in. That space seems too small.

I think it actually goes between the first and second "fan vent" on the top. If you look there's a rounded bump on top which resembles the bump in the receiver, so as to look the same with or without. At least that's what I think.

Locutis

Outstanding set !!! great review !!

Thanks for your entertainement sharing, I'm gonna get two as soon as possible for a great LEGO train experience...

I haven´t bought Power Function yet, but it just had an old 9 V motor unit in the Mærsk-train, and it works perfect. It is not possible to install Lights in the front, like Santa Fee and the BNSF. I think I will keep using the 9 V systems.

Morten

I was just checking the Lego.com site, and I refreshed the Maersk Train page, and it was accepting orders!

I've ordered my 5!!!

I was just checking the Lego.com site, and I refreshed the Maersk Train page, and it was accepting orders!

I've ordered my 5!!!

5! I was planning on at least 2, but had to settle for 1 + $150 US worth of power functions for it and the EN. I plan to pick up 1 more to keep, and maybe another to resell later.

US price is $US 120.

Australian price is $US 207 ($AU 200).

The price gouging we have to put up with is an absolute joke.

I'll have to wait for these to show up on Ebay or a non-Australian online store before I can consider buying it.

:angry: :angry:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Ordered three in Switzerland (ouch, expensive) and the rest will be picked up in USA when I visit in the summer... At least the Swiss ones will be in nice MISB boxes for the future.... the USA ones will be shipped stripped down by a friend and repacked.

The review means I might not be able to resist building soon...

..I was just wondering whether PF lights do fit in the maersktrain or not... could not find the answer...... :sadnew:

Gr. LegoSjaak

Edited by LegoSjaak

Building instructions

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4632677.pdf

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4632672.pdf

And my first guess for the LXF file for the wagons was pretty accurate...

http://www.roamingstudio.com/lego/10219-Wagons.lxf

And is that a new modified tile piece I see on page 14

The instructions are even more beautiful than the model!!!...

Edited by roamingstudio

This looks like a great train and I wish I had the funds to get it, but I don't, so there's no point wistfully fantasising! On that note, if anyone is buying multiples of this set and doesn't need the minifigures, please can you PM me? I have a perfect MOC in my head using them (and the new torsos are cool!)

Thanks

Matthew

I picked one up from retails, but alas, my UK S@H order is showing "Contact Customer Service", and the delivery date has been pushed to May...so I bet I won't be seeing that order turn up. Useless!

EDIT: Apparently out of stock, despite ordering when they were in stock. Sigh.

Edited by cei

For anyone curious, here's some size comparison pics with Emerald Night and the 7939 Cargo Train:

5581880439_b5c276a973_z_d.jpg

5582466232_9fdbaa8631_z_d.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised at just how long these are. Course, that perception could have been enhanced because the most recent trains I've built were the tiny cars from the Toy Story train...

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these stunning sets. Now all you Australians out there can you tell me where the best place to get one from is? And when are they scheduled for release over here? Will they be available at your local toy stores that stock Lego products? Thanks guys

US price is $US 120.

Australian price is $US 207 ($AU 200).

Wow, was not expecting that much of a jump. Personally I had it pegged @ 150 AUD.

Overseas bricklink order with shipping will still save money.