Ignacia Village

Item #: 10234

Ages: 14+

Pieces: 1606

Price: USD $119.99/ EUR €109.99/ CAD $129.99

Year: 2011

Minifigs: 5

Theme: Ninjago!

Explore the peaceful side of the Ninjago world!

The village of Ignacia lies within the heart of the Ninjago universe, filled with peace and quiet for its humble residents. Stop by the 4 Weapons shop, home to the forging experts of Ninjago, or visit the village's ancient Temple. This action-packed village includes 2 large two-story buildings perfect for completing your Ninjago collection, and is full of surprises and details, such as an impressive array of weapons, minifigures, and accesories, open and close features for both two-story buildings, and a secret light-up forge inside the shop triggered by hitting the target outside. The village also includes a tall water tower, tree, and cart with field worker. Whether you're looking to complement your Ninjago collection or wanting to start one, Ignacia Village is the perfect Japanese-style setting.

• 4 Weapons shop measures 7" (17 cm) high by 10" (25 cm) wide when open wide!
  • Ancient temple measures over 8.5" (21 cm) high by 12" (30 cm) wide when open wide!
  • Water tower is over 8.5" (21 cm) high!
  • Includes 5 minifigures: blacksmith, field worker, village elder, Nya, and Cole!

Here is an overview of the set. When I was deciding what kind of set to make, I thought I would create a set that targets teen and adult fans of Lego to contrast with the kid-friendly craziness of the Ninjago theme; most direct-to-customer sets are made for older audiences. Also note that I did not make up the name for the set; credit for any names in this set goes to the Lego company.

5558889239_057a28419a_z.jpg

This is the "4 Weapons" shop closed from the back (Again, I did not make the name up; I found it on the Ninjago website). I used the pictures on the website for reference, but many changes (particularly on the roof design) had to be made to accommodate for the open and close feature.

5559466160_7e076e46bd_z.jpg

Here, you can see the temple closed and from the back. The second story (which can be removed from the building) is open from the back but the first story is not. This allows for more playability even when the building is closed. The small steps on the bottom allow the opened building's interior to flow onto the ground (see last picture).

5559466528_8784f42d7c_z.jpg

When the temple's sides are pulled open, the lower roof rearranges to fit nicely with the front.

5559466290_dd08ef9ea1_z.jpg

The back of both buildings. The shop's bottom interior features the blacksmith and his forge, while the second story is a storage room for weapons.

The temple's ladder is pulled down from the second story.

5559467132_f1bd5b19fb_z.jpg

This was a fun build and I was surprised that the amount of pieces was fairly reasonable despite a heavy use of tiles and bricks, as well as other unorthodox techniques (SNOT for windows particularly); comparing this set to the Medieval Market Village (which has a similar layout/design and contains only 5 less pieces), this set's buildings are quite bigger.

Leave your comments and criticisms below!

Oh, and don't forget to visit my flickr photostream for more pictures (link).

Edited by quy

This is very nice work. :thumbup: The buildings are instantly recognizable, simple enough that it looks like something TLG would do for a set, and yet I see some nice techniques there if I look closely.

Agree whit Brickdoctor, this is the set wich TLC would do for real. Even a that prize looks horrible in my eyes :blush: I hate to spend over 100 euros for a Lego set, but this is wich i actually might think getting it. Great work :thumbup:

Captain Becker

Wow quy, it's always a pleasure to see a new D2C entry, but yours really is amazing. I don't know if I'll dare posting my own entry now :blush:

It could be a set such a medieval market village, it has the good feeling. I like how you put some nice details and not so common techniques, but not more than lego designers would actually do.

I wonder if it shouldn't show so more modern aspects of every day life, knowing that there are motorized vehicles in Ninjago, but it works welle this way too.

So thumbs up :thumbup:, and good luck in the contest :classic:

Awesomw entry!

Very clean build with some great play features, I dare say a little too clean for the NinjaGo theme.

The village has a very ancient Japan feel with the little details such as the cherry blossoms on the roof.

I wish TLG had gone for this look rather than the "Ninja-Punk" style most of the sets seem to have.

Good luck in the comp ..... I think you'll do well! :wink:

Very well done 'quy'

I could definitely see TLG releasing a set like this.

I think you nailed that aspect of the contest.

The set info at the beginning of your entry certainly adds to the level of professionalism.

The details are lovey, but not too intricate that they detract from the TLG feel of the set.

Also, I know you said you took the name from TLG, but Ignacia?

That doesn't sound Japanese at all. More like Spanish :laugh:

Thanks for the comments. I do agree the name was very strange sounding when I first read it, but I just went with it.

I can't see any of the pics. , I get this:

Can you see them now? They should be working, since they're now linked directly to flickr.

Yeah I'd buy one of these for the simple reason that whilst it fits perfectly within the Ninjago theme, it also works excellently outside of that theme. Add some base plates and a few dozen samurai minifigures and It's a highly realistic diorama. Fantastic - well done - Jealous of all those brown tiles.

It is nice to see a less hectic and more realistic side to ninjago, as said by others it is the MMV of ninjago! The temple is full of Japanese-y accuaracy and the figures are nice, if this was a set i'd buy it!

Very nice, fits the theme very well and certainly has a more grown up feel and appeal to it.

This will definately give others a run for their money :thumbup:

It's a real shame lego doesn't do the Plant Leaves 6 x 5 in a brown colour, add the pink flowers and it would make a decent cherry blossom tree :classic:

Good job! :thumbup:

Great job on this entry quy! I agree this is something that could actually be made into set, I love the two oriental buildings. The only thing lacking IMO is a villain the ninja would fight, which seems to be a requirement for the action theme of NinjaGo. Anyway, this is still an excellent entry, definitely one of the best (if not the best) I've seen so far. :thumbup:

The only thing lacking IMO is a villain the ninja would fight, which seems to be a requirement for the action theme of NinjaGo.

Well that could change, seeing as how this is a NinjaGo MMV, and the MMV only had Crownie knights, as opposed to the other big Fantasy Castle sets that had trolls and skeletons.

Excellent idea, it's very original. The buildings are beautiful, and look as thouh they could appear in real sets. I think that the interiors of the buildings are a little empty though. Well done, and good luck with the contest!

Lovely entry! Nice techniques and great attention to detail. As others have said, you've captured the D2C set look perfectly - with just the perfect amount of detail to make it seem like a real set.

Great work. :thumbup:

Wow - this is really nice, clean and uncluttered with a great colour scheme. I noticed on Flickr that you even gave it a set number! :laugh: Not so sure about the tree with the upside down 4x4 round plate, but everything else is tops. :classic:

Thanks for the comments. I do agree the name was very strange sounding when I first read it, but I just went with it.

Can you see them now? They should be working, since they're now linked directly to flickr.

Thanks , it works now.

These buildings look very well. The level of detail is what you would expect from a TLG set and they are also accurate to the oriental building style.

Great! This fits with the overall aesthetic of Ninjago, and it's not too complex.

If there was maybe some more red or some other colour, it would definitely look like a real set. :classic:

Wow, that's a very nicely done little village. It does look like a set Lego would sell and as said, it isn't too complex either; good luck in the contest with this great creation.

Edited by DarkFader