Sign in to follow this  
Trent

Medieval Market Village

Counterpoint: the POTC sets, while awesome and new and shiny, will be around for another two years. MM is already discontinued. Take it from a longtime LEGO fan, it's best to take the long view here...

TC

How is it already discontinued? Still on the store shelves, still available at S@H (and not on clearance). Certainly it's time is limited, but I don't think it's discontinued just yet...

How is it already discontinued? Still on the store shelves, still available at S@H (and not on clearance). Certainly it's time is limited, but I don't think it's discontinued just yet...

As I understand it, LEGO has stopped producing the set. It'll still be on store shelves till it sells out, but what's in stock is all there will be. It may not be a good time to rush out and buy the set, but if you think you might want it, it is a good time to start saving up and be looking for a good deal. (20% off, double VIP points, no tax, or what have you...)

TC

Just bought TWO sets of these together for $81! Amazing! :pir-grin:

Ok... Have to ask, how?

Second, if this set has finished it's production line, how long do you think it will stay on the online Lego store? I have one, but I haven't had the space to build it yet. I am just thinking about grabbing a second to build a larger village. Also, does anyone know if the Imperial Flagship has ended its production run? I wanted to get another one of those too, it is always so hard to judge these exclusive sets.

Ok... Have to ask, how?

Garage sale, they had the kids use two for a school project or something and did not "need" them anymore... I swiped up them right away! Garage sales can have great deals, I bought a mint in sealed box Imperial Flagship (the old one) talked down to $70, sold it for $300! Buying legos from non-lego people is the best way to go, but hard to find.

Hey thanks for starting this topic and all the people who replied. You all have also convinced me that this set is worth it for a pirate collection. I will surely buy it before the end of the year or much sooner I don't want it to be gone and pay 5x the price online.

As for the IFS, I would say that will be around a little while longer it was just released last year, and that is also on my buy list.

Sorry to bump this but I think it's better than me making up a new topic (and it being merged). How long do you think it will still be on the S@H/Amazon?

Just got Alamut for about 25% off on Amazon and still recovering from the May 4th SW sale on S@H.

Which would the ideal place to buy it? Amazon? I plan to get it near the end on July.

Which would the ideal place to buy it? Amazon? I plan to get it near the end on July.

I think Amazon would be one of the better places as of right now (even cheaper than BrickLink by almost $20 USD), as you'll probably get the best shipping price with them. Could change by the end of July though.

I think Amazon would be one of the better places as of right now (even cheaper than BrickLink by almost $20 USD), as you'll probably get the best shipping price with them. Could change by the end of July though.

Who knows, I may crack and shell out 100 for it. I don't know if the parts would help me with my steampunk airship, I'd need sloped brown parts..

I just ordered one last night. I can't wait to get this set. This is one of the best sets ever made. If you don't get this you will regret it. Think about it like this, you get instructions to make those sweet buildings which you can order peices to make more of those buildings in different color schemes and make modifications to them. This is worth a hundred bucks. :pir-classic: