Sign in to follow this  
Frolando22

ARF Trooper Mis-Print

Might be another big printing goof, like all those clones that didn't have their eyes on straight.

That's just a case of the printing being off by a very small amount, which is to be expected. It's only so obvious because the clones have the ultra-detailed eyes with a patch of white beneath the black with a white dot in the middle of the black.

I meant "big" as "large-scale", with a lot of misprints of a particular piece floating around. You're right though, a part like the clone head, with a very detailed multi-colour print makes even small misalignments very obvious.

Funny how most people seem to have the misprint...

I guess I'm just lucky to get the proper version from my one BP.

Funny how most people seem to have the misprint...

I guess I'm just lucky to get the proper version from my one BP.

Unless of course, what you think is the proper version is actually the misprint... :look:

Nah, I've seen the show enough to know that's not true.

Unless of course, what you think is the proper version is actually the misprint... :look:

That's what I thought about my first one, but then I compared it to the one on the box and it just didn't seem right.

Both of my ARF's have the normal pointy visor. But the grey part over the mouth is poorly painted and makes them look cheap.

It stinks because I got that mis-print too. Also my other trooper has a big grey steak across his printed leg.

I am wondering if the print was changed at some point. As many "misprints" as there are it would make sense that it was changed. Then the question would be why the print was changed.

I am wondering if the print was changed at some point. As many "misprints" as there are it would make sense that it was changed. Then the question would be why the print was changed.

maybe they want to improve the quality of the print?

Alas, a rare helmet, but not a very valuable one im afraid! If you sold this people are most likely to not notice the difference and will assume that it is a normal one.

Still cool to have though :grin:

maybe they want to improve the quality of the print?

That could be the case. To me it doesn't make sense that there would be so many misprints.

I just noticed, you put the printed legs on the ARF trooper. Shouldnt they go onto the clone trooper?

Yes, they should if you want the official version, but the green is the same on both mini-figs and I think it looks pretty good.

As for a change of print, do you suppose it went from good to bad or bad to good?

I just bought 3 ARF Troopers. They all have a misprint: a black vertical line just besides the black part of the "breathing tubes" (helmet).

Furthermore, I had to realize that the torsos are of a very low quality compared to the 8014 trooper torsos: the black lines are blurry and imprecise, and the grey parts are much lighter. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by Brickadeer