Sign in to follow this  
Frolando22

ARF Trooper Mis-Print

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Greetings, Eurobricks! Today I compared two ARF Trooper helmets and the visers were different. Has anyone else seen this? I believe the correct one is on the right.

sam_0486.jpg

You got it bad, but this a very common happening. Whenever TLG uses excessive printing, as they have recently, this happens to some degree :sweet:

It's not really that bad of a misprint, as it's still well-printed and actually gives a nice variation among the ARF Trooper Helmets. I'd even say you got a rare ARF helmet if you are the only one who has that. So grab on to it, don't let it go since it's kinda special. :wink:

I dunno, it looks like two completely different prints! I don't know the answer, but it will be interesting to see. If you are unhappy with it, you can always email TLC and they will send you a replacement. :sweet:

The print does look completely different. :thumbup:

keep it! And if you sell it, then it could also make a lot. I recommend to keep it though.

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

I also got the one the left. I was wondering why my ARF trooper didn't look as cool as the pictures posted here... default_laugh_new.gif

I wonder how much it would be worth.

I also got the one the left. I was wondering why my ARF trooper didn't look as cool as the pictures posted here... default_laugh_new.gif

I wonder how much it would be worth.

I think less than a well printed one. I'm guessing that some prints were made and were mis-shaped. It's not like a red Vader Helmet or anything.

Yes, all of mine look close to the one on the left. It stinks because the ARF trooper is so cool looking but I am really striking out with these battle packs. Makes me consider loading up on Arealight and calling it good if my luck doesn't change.

It seems that the left one has a bad print in those squares too , so I guess you could ask TLG for a good one if you like . I would keep it though

Edited by Troopmaker

I really like both of them, even though the left is a misprint, its still very cool. Clones colour there own armour, maybe this particular trooper wanted a completely different helmet style. He must have Personality. :grin:

Keep it and ask for a replacement from TLC if you want. :sweet:

CF

I also got the one the left.

Yes, all of mine look close to the one on the left.

Looks like others have also gotten it, so it isn't a one-piece isolated case after all, but probably a whole batch of misprinted helmets. But it's still not really badly printed like other QC-failed prints.

Yep, I got both, the one on the left is the misprint, I complained to LEGO and got the proper one.

Just so you guys know, TLG has the best replacement policy out there. They'll apologize, and mail you as many replacement parts as you require. Tell them that your ARF trooper helmet looks like it has swimming goggles on, an they'll probably say it's common problem. :sweet:

I'm not unhappy with it at all. Its not that bad, but I do like the one on the right better. Kinda sounds like the one on the right is the rarer of the two :laugh: . Oh well, at least the helmet's the right shape. :hmpf:

sam_0486.jpg

Wow this is really odd :sceptic:

Two completely different prints make no sense to me.

Thanks for spotting it and sharing it with us.

blogged

I bought 6 battle packs and got 5 ARF variations on the left.

Wow! That's worse than I thought! I wonder if this is intentional for some reason.

KimT, Thanks for blogging it!

I've got one of both as well. Though my misprinted on only has one "horn" bit. I guess mine is special. :wub:

I just re-checked my one single ARF trooper and the top of the visor seems a little less curved and the top corners look less pointy than the supposedly correct printing.

Is the ARF helmet a China product? It's unlike the European factories to have so many variations in these misprints. I mean, misprints aren't uncommon, but usually it's something that properly printed in the wrong place, not something improperly printed in the right place. Plus this looks clean enough that it seems intentional.

Is the ARF helmet a China product? It's unlike the European factories to have so many variations in these misprints. I mean, misprints aren't uncommon, but usually it's something that properly printed in the wrong place, not something improperly printed in the right place. Plus this looks clean enough that it seems intentional.

I'm pretty sure it's a European product. My theorie stands-Some of the printers were made improperly. I also noticed that most reporting the error are USA residents....?

The helmets are certainly not made in China, the inside of the helmet has two slits on each side of the ring, whereas Chinese headpieces have 1 thick band going around the inside of the headpiece (check collectible minifigs), also it does not list China on the box, so this is not a plastic quality issue. I'm in Australia we get the european version of sets and I got the misprinted helmet.

Edited by Brickus

I think they print parts in Denmark and the Czech Republic.

That may explain the difference, if some are printed here and others there?