WhiteFang

Category A and Category B winners

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest Results

[Category A and Category B winners]

gallery_2351_21_206876.jpg

The Contest:

Hey everyone, it's finally over! This is the exciting moment which all of you are waiting for. Without further ado, let me proceed to announce the winners for Category A and Category B.

What do you stand to win?

After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top 7 vote receivers for each category will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to DarkFang. He will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, TLG has generously sponsored these new lovely minifigures from Series 3 while Eurobricks sponsored all handling/shipping costs.

Attention to all winners, you are to post your preference from the most preferred to the least preferred based on one complete Series 3 set in a systematic listing format regardless of your winning position. I will do the sorting myself once I have received all of the winners' PMs. For winners who win in both Categories, you are to specify your preferences accordingly for Category A and B. The preferences are not to be mixed together.

gallery_2351_109_35482.jpg

Category A prizes [based on 1 complete set and random Series 3 minifigures]

1st place: A choice of 5 of the new collectable minifigures from that set and 2 random Series 3 minifigures.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

7th place: 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

Category B prizes [based on 1 complete set and random Series 3 minifigures]

1st place: A choice of 5 of the new collectable minifigures from that set and 2 random Series 3 minifigures.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

7th place: 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

Click here to view the rest of the Rules and Discussion

These are the winners for Category A

* Click on the respective thumbnails to view members' entries.

gallery_2351_134_28856.jpg 7) Pilot Entry (Build by Dan Church) First place

gallery_2351_134_16936.jpg 16) Snowboarder Entry (Build by Dreamweb) Second place

gallery_2351_134_8582.jpg 32) Samurai Warrior Entry (Build by Dannylonglegs) Third place

gallery_2351_134_3616.jpg 15) Gorilla Suit Guy Entry (Build by TazManiac) Fourth place

gallery_2351_134_20835.jpg 13) Fisherman Entry (Build by SuperBagel) Fifth place

gallery_2351_134_12832.jpg 25) Pilot Entry (Build by mookage) Sixth place

gallery_2351_134_9478.jpg 22) Fisherman Entry (Build by turambar) Seventh place

These are the winners for Category B

* Click on the respective thumbnails to view members' entries.

gallery_2351_135_12678.jpg 20) Nurse, Surfer & Space Villain Entry (Build by Darkblane) First place

gallery_2351_135_15089.jpg 8) Cheerleader, Surfer & Tennis Player Entry (Build by Cutlass_Iz) Second place

gallery_2351_135_18663.jpg 6) Robot, Pharaoh & Mummy Entry (Build by lisqr) Third place

gallery_2351_135_15212.jpg 14) Tribal Hunter, Mexican & Tribal Chief Entry (Build by George G.) Fourth place

gallery_2351_135_7399.jpg 18) Wrestler, Karate Master & Sumo Wrestler Entry (Build by gabe) Fifth place

gallery_2351_135_7098.jpg 1) Nurse, Lifeguard & Fisherman Entry (Build by Dan Church) Sixth place

gallery_2351_135_6141.jpg 17) Diver, Surfer & Fisherman Entry (Build by Cecilie) Seventh place

Hope you have an enjoyable fun experience. As for the special raffle giveaway, it will be announced much later once I have sorted the contest winners prizes. :blush:

WhiteFang

Hello everyone!! :wub:

In case, anyone misses me??? I am the overall coordinator for the Series 3 prizes allocation! Winners, please know who to direct your PM to. Congratulations to the winners and excellent efforts to the rest of the participants. :thumbup:

DarkFang

Congratulations to the winners! Very well deserved victories for all your fantastic entries. :thumbup: Kudos also to everyone who joined, voted and to Fangy and the rest of staff for staging this regular EB contest. Looking forward for Series 4!

Hello everyone!! :wub:

In case, anyone misses me???

Great to see you back DarkFang! :devil:

:grin:

Yay!

Cheers for the comp WhiteFang and to all those who voted for me :thumbup:

I wonder which ones I'll get?? :cry_happy:

A heartiest congratulations to all of the winners and the remarkable efforts by all participants.

This year, Series 3 building contest for Category A and B have seen some new members with incredible entries with lots of cool imagination. It was definitely challenging and exciting to be able to host this Series 3 traditional contest for our community. Based on the total entries for both categories, Series 3 have a higher overall entries as compared with the previous Series 1 and 2 contests. This was only made possible with the overall participation by our members. :thumbup:

I will like to appauld to our regular winner, Dan Church for emerging 1st place in Category A, following by a 6th place in Category B. Lots of minifigures for you.

While, familiar finalists like Darkblane and Lisqr, have also scored a 1st place and 3rd place in Category B respectively. Kudos to the both of you. You guys never fail to impress me.

The rest of you which includes, Dreamweb, Dannylonglegs, TazManiac, SuperBagel, mookage, turambar, Cutlass_Iz, George G. , gabe and Cecilie, who all have produced stunning entries to "wow" the crowd that ultimately secured your victory. It was a very tough and extremely close match for the 2nd to 5th position for both categories. All of you are excellent builders and you guys have did very well to come this far.

There are so many other outstanding entries too and I wished I could have a bigger prize pool for the rest. Don't be disheartened. Try again for the next contest and you could definitely stand another chance to win some greater prizes. :wink:

Great contest, great winners! Thanks to Eurobricks for organizing it and Whitefang for all the effort he put into it. Well done!! :thumbup:

Congratulations to all the winners!

This was a fun contest and it was great to see all the awesome entries!

Hey wow, i placed! That's awesome... and kinda unexpected! :grin: Thanks heaps to White Fang and the orginisers at EB for putting on such a fun comp. :thumbup: Thanks too for everyone who voted for me!

Congratulations to all the winners, and again to everybody who took part. There were some great entries that I'd missed when voting.

Congrats to all the winners! There was a lot of fantastic competition once again. Thanks again to Whitefang and Eurobricks for running such a great contest.

My special congrats goes to Darkblane and mookage.

All the rest also congratulations!

Awesome job guys! This contest was a lot of fun and I can't wait till the next one (Perhaps then I will win something :grin: )

Congrats to every winner. I'm glad, there are several winners I voted to.

Congrats to the winners! I don't feel so bad losing, since there were some awesome builds that lost as well. I'll definitely try to enter the next one (assuming there is one).

:oh: That's the first time I've won anything in a Eurobricks contest! Thanks to all the participants and to everyone who voted, not just for me, but voters in general! It's been a lot of fun, lots of great MOCs here. Hope you all had a great time. :thumbup:

Yey, my first time placing in a LEGO building contest, I'm so happy :cry_happy:. Thanks to everyone who voted for my entries, and congratulations to all of the winners :sweet:.

Wow, I'm really pleased that my Category B entry came first, so thanks to everyone who voted for it.

Of all of the vignettes I've built so far, its probably one of my favourites, so it's really nice to see that you all liked it as well. I had a lot of fun building it, as it was so completely random, and as someone said in the voting thread, yes, I did have a bit of a eureka moment when I came up with the idea. I'd actually been struggling to come up with an interesting concept which used three minifigs which weren't an obvious combination and had the idea that one of them would be a dream whilst in the car on the way to work!

Well done to all of the other entries and winners, especially those in Category A. I didn't actually get around to voting myself, but mookage's pilot entry really stood out for me and I also particularly liked TazManiac's gorilla suit guy entry. I'd actually considered doing something similar for my Category B entry, but couldn't figure out how to create a forced perspective in a way which would allow me to use minifigs on the ground looking up at the gorilla on top of the building.

I don't think my Category A entry did very well this time, but it was an interesting concept to try out, especially as it allowed me to use the forced perspective to take this photo (which I couldn't include as part of the entry as it contained the minifig). I definitely think Dan Church's microscale ground worked a lot better than my attempt, so congratulations Dan on your first place in Category A.

Last but not least, I want to thank WhiteFang / DarkFang for organising another fantastic couple of contests, and also LEGO for supplying the prizes.

I look forward to the Series 4 contests ...

Congrats to the winners, which I think were chosen correctly. Great job overall :thumbup: