puddleglum

MOC: 1/2 Scale Grand Emporium

Hi all, I have completed my next 1/2 scale version of a LEGO modular building, 10211 Grand Emporium. I decided to go the whole hog this time, with separating levels and full interior details. It was very rewarding to come up with a design that looked accurate on the outside and still maintain all the interior details. I am totally hooked on this scale, in a few weeks I will post pictures of the full layout with cars, roads, and a park.

5541037712_aa94fac429.jpg5541036546_5bf934251b.jpg

5541036992_64a94f9c31.jpg 5541037256_81e88c9586.jpg

5540456645_4dcec7df04_m.jpg 5541037908_b98e12c54c_m.jpg 5541038346_646ebc7cab_m.jpg 5541038588_61cafa12da_m.jpg

Edited by puddleglum

AWESOME just AWESOME 'puddleglum', the detailing in this creation is perfect....you even remembered merchandise on display and the monster light fixture ! :grin:

You are now the guru of mini-modular builds......Brick On...in mini scale ! :grin:

You're crazy good at these reproductions! Eagerly awaiting the full layout!

Is it done yet? :tongue:

Simply astounding! This is one of the best micro-renditions I've seen of anything. And not only that, it's a micro model of an official set! That interior is so cute. :wub:

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. :thumbup:

I'm in love with the modular buildings and your mini one is no exception! Your attention to detail is superb. Doesn't look like you cut any corners! Great job. Looking forward to more (:

This is brilliant! I still can't believe how close the overall look is to the real thing. The choice of pieces is excellent and extra praise for creating the interior too.

The first picture is really eye candy. :wub: Fantastic job!

Yep, you're officially the master of this. This one is even better than your other half-scale renditions - because of the interior. I'm amazed by how great you manage to make these look!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Another! you are very good at this. One thing, where is the window washers platform?

Great job :classic:

Good catch! It is the one detail that was omitted in this picture. At the time of photographing it, I had the window washer's platform built, but I could not find one of those strings with studs on each end for the life of me, so I left it out. As luck would have it, I found the part yesterday evening while sorting, so the window washer is now happily in place. But luck is a fickle friend: my wife came back from a trip today and told me our "good" camera had broken on the trip, and the "old" camera that I took these pictures with also stopped working today! :angry:

Anyways, whenever we get a new camera, I will post an updated shot.

Very cool! I really like all of the little details and piece selection. Your hard work and attention to detail really show with this. default_thumbup.gif

I'm really looking forward to the whole pint-sized street!

Nice! The details still stand out despite the downscaling. The escalators in particular are clever.

Edited by Solstafir

Love this. It's amazingly detailed and accurate for its size. Technically, at this scale you could use microfigs for the display models inside, but none exist with the appropriate printing. That, and they'd probably have to be bald. So I guess brickbuilt minifigs are a better option.

This is spectacular!

I am particularly impressed with the interior, it accurately resembles the real model. The escalators bother me a bit, but still are good, given the scale involved. The chandelier is perfect! The best part, in my opinion, is the revolving door. It is spot-on in resemblance to the real one. The tiling is also great!

The exterior is very well designed. The windows look quite good. The only thing that I would have changed is the use of the round 1x1s as substitutes for the grille bricks.

Great Work!

Sirius

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. I have updated the photo with microscale figs and the window washer. I also took a shot mimicking the LEGO marketing shot on the back of the box.

5541037712_aa94fac429.jpg5562132990_1bb4bf6bcc.jpg

This is spectacular!

I am particularly impressed with the interior, it accurately resembles the real model. The escalators bother me a bit, but still are good, given the scale involved. The chandelier is perfect! The best part, in my opinion, is the revolving door. It is spot-on in resemblance to the real one. The tiling is also great!

The exterior is very well designed. The windows look quite good. The only thing that I would have changed is the use of the round 1x1s as substitutes for the grille bricks.

Great Work!

Sirius

Thank you! I also am not huge on the escalators, to be honest I worked out that solution for them and didn't attempt to revise or improve it. I think they could probably be done better. I'm curious what you would have done for the grille bricks - do you think it would have been better to simply drop that detail and leave it flat there?

The street looks fantastic! This is really deceiving, especially if you're away from the screen.

Great job puddleglum! :thumbup:

This looks excellent, just like your previous two. Such a cute little street you have there :sweet:.

Good one its really fun to watch the scale. =)