Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Four

Players only please!

01.jpg

Night had fallen on the strange day. Booker Bear helped Helen Hippo find a temporary home.

"It's not much for space, but it's warm and pretty cozy." Booker Bear said.

"It smells like fish." Helen Hippo complained.

"You've got fish?" Booker asked, "Lucky..."

02.jpg

Out in the dark forest, the charred body of Lauren Lamb stirred.

03.jpg

"I got you out of those gallows so those goody-two-shoe-adorable animals couldn't have the pleasure." Daxia told Lauren, "However, it is time to face your demons..."

"I know my duty." Lauren Lamb said and walked towards the demon's gaping maw.

04.jpg

In one swift move, the demon decimated the lamb's delicate body and extracted her soul...

lamb_guts.jpg

...leaving a lifeless pile of lamb guts and body parts.

05.jpg

Meanwhile, Felix Fox was out for a moonlight stroll when a dark figure jumped out and hit him with a magic powder from a brown bag.

06.jpg

The powder petrified Felix, leaving him stuck in the village square and not able to do anything for the night.

07.jpg

A short time later, another dark figure approached and hit Felix with a spell from a magic wand...

08.jpg

...which obliterated Felix's body to a pile of bones.

10.jpg

But, a dark figure approached, yet again, and opened a jar of magic balm. The figured applied the magic balm to the pile of Felix's bones...

11.jpg

...and snuck off into the night to avoid detection. The magic balm began it's work...

12.jpg

...and brought Felix back to life!

Oddly, the first sentence he spoke during his second life was "The ressurections are getting on my megablocking nerves."

13.jpg

In the morning, the people of Spring Haven gathered in the village square to hear the good news from Marcellus the Monk.

"People, we have found and convicted our first member of the Demon Legion, Lauren Lamb (Zepher)."

The people responded with a cheer.

"Even better," Marcellus continued, "It appears there were no other deaths last night. Everyone's here and accounted for...aren't they?"

Day Four has begun. Voting is not allowed in the first 24 hours.

Objective

The Villagers must find and eliminate all members of The Demon Legion. The Demon Legion wins when they outnumber the innocent Villagers.

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Demon Legion. To win the game, the Village must kill off all the Demon Legion, while the Demon Legion needs to outnumber the Village. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, un-voting is to be done in the format; Un-vote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You are only allowed one un-vote a day. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, as well as those that died during the night.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but only in your own words. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. It is very important in this game to not discuss anything with dead players. I will only say this once. Don’t screw yourself over by revealing anything to a player who seems to have been removed from the game. Get it? :wink:

8. You may not edit your posts. 1st offense: penalty vote, 2nd offense: The untimely death of your character and the end of your game. No chance for resurrection.

9. You must post in every day thread. One day without a post and your character will be comically killed off.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. It is recommended that you turn off your profile views for this game.

Players

becka.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician

played by Rick

benji.jpg

Benji Bulldog - Hat Maker

played by Walter Kovacs

booker.jpg

Booker Bear - Garbage Man

played by Dragonator

bruno.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker

played by Scouts

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile - Carpenter

played by Rufus

cara.jpg

Cara Cow - Doctor

played by badboytje88

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

felix.jpg

Felix Fox - Farmer

played by Shadows

gabby.jpg

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator

played by Ricecracker

gilbert.jpg

Gilbert Goat - Schoolteacher

played by Fugazi

helen.jpg

Helen Hippo - Cook

played by def

horace.jpg

Horace Horse - Blacksmith

played by iamded

kaley.jpg

Kaley Cat - Mill Operator

played by Lord Arjay

kenda.jpg

Kenda Cat - Baker

played by I Scream Clone

lazlo.jpg

Lazlo Lion - Butcher

played by TinyPiesRUs

marcus.jpg

Marcus Monkey - Apple Seller

played by Inconspicuous

mindy.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant

played by professor flitwick

pennie.jpg

Pennie Pig - Spring Haven Mayor

played by Eskallon

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle - General Store Operator

played by Cornelius Murdock

sheldon.jpg

Sheldon Sheepdog - Toy Maker

played by Quarryman

The Deceased

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny - Seamstress - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 2.

played by Bob the Construction Man

wendell_dead.jpg

Wendell Walrus - Librarian - Village - gave his own life on Night 2.

played by Stash2Sixx

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny - Florist - Village - murdered on Night 2.

played by Sandy

lauren_dead.jpg

Lauren Lamb - Gardener - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 3.

played by Zepher

A tribute to EB Mafia All-Star Zepher:

My career as a Mafia players started off on a sour note, or rather, a scummy one. Replacing someone on Day 3 or 4 of Mystery Castle, I took on the role of Mary the Maid, a role that I never really have topped. I was slutty, I was lovely, I was the final scum in the end, and though I’m sure I would have been voted the next day, I instead killed myself most nobly for love. Shadows, playing my lover Ritz, really helped me into the Mafia world, and I suppose I should thank him for that. A number of other players also helped me of course, with Hinck and Draggy both being extremely helpful.

In Witch Hunt Mafia I played the proud Joan. It is the only game that I ever survived. I was a happily married woman, to the only witch in the whole situation, Charles, played by Hinckley. I luckily conceived before he was killed. In the end, the town decided that there were no witches, and we all went home happy. This was probably one of my worst playing games, as I was still relatively new, had no actions, and made no alliances and helped the town in almost no way. Oh well.

The Baritones 2 was the next game I played in. I was the beautiful housewife Zabrina, who blocked the enemies of the lovely Baritones family. I suspected my husband to be a killer from the very beginning, and boy was I right. He killed me on the third night, I think. Again, was still new to the world of playing, but oh well. I continued my streak of playing women, and had fun doing it. Also, the ladies club from that game was quite fun, if I recall correctly.

Galactic Paranoia was next up. I played once more a poor game. I don’t recall getting anything done, but I also was a vanilla town who was killed on the first night.

Noir Mafia was again a poor play for me. As a vanilla townie, I went after a wrong person early on, and then went away for a weekend. I was attacked by the town, and before I could get to the computer to defend myself, was killed, and swallowed by the sewers.

In Mystical Castle I was once more put on the side of the scum, playing the beautiful Beatrice. Playing two people off of each other, and using logic and the returns of a number of night actions, I figured out that Shadows and Hinckley were both magic users, and fed them information to kill each other with. Once they were both dead… well, I crawled along, but eventually the genius cook Svelte caught me in a lie. I was proud of my play in this game, it’s when I finally came out of my shell and started to try to figure things out, and play a little outside the box. I’m a damn good liar. You can ask Hincks!

I think I lost interest in the game Infection. I was a vanilla townie as far as I can remember, and I didn’t really play. It was not the hosts or players fault, I simply got busy and was too stupid to drop out. It would have been the considerate thing to do really. Anyway, looks like I got pretty far before the scum slaughtered us all.

In Hogwarts Mafia I once more played a gal (making my total 6/7). I was the librarian Stephanie Kingston, and I was outsmarted by the scum. I really was lost that game, I take my hat off to the scum, though I think, if I recall, I was starting to have an inkling of who to go after by the time that I was killed. I did, however, survive a number of attempts on my life. I also got into contact with Arjay, I think, who stole something important from me which led to my downfall. Or maybe someone else took it. Oh well.

Next up, I hosted Eurodina. The game wasn’t perfect, but I had fun hosting and trust me, you should all try hosting at least once. It’s a lot of fun to watch your poor players run around in circles, and see people try to outsmart each other, and see them lie through their teeth successfully, and watch all the flawed logic. I caved to only one of my players, and when my old friend Shadows said he was pissed about his death, I let him kill my host character. I learned a lot about both playing and hosting, and I hope I get to try it again someday.

In Asylum, I would say I finally understand the goal of a vanilla townie. I was honest and open, and I got into contact with a number of people. JimButcher and the King were my first two allies, and they disappeared under the pressure of my later ally, Jesus aka my friend Hinckley. I have a few fun facts from this game. I never voted for a member of the town, because I never thought they should be voted out. I also figured out the OUTRAGOUS loophole that would make the only member of the town proven town to be scum, my friend Draggy was in fact a scummy scum, and only I even voiced the convoluted and extremely unlikely way this could be true. Everyone shot me down. Wouldn't have really done us any good, but I figured it out at least.

Finally, I played in Werewolf. I screwed up in the way I said. Oh well, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

The game has never been about winning for me, but rather playing a good game, and I always think that I do that… minus a few times… I’m proud of Asylum, Eurodina, Hogwarts and Mystical Castle, and not so happy with my performance in Infection and Werewolf. I will continue to play these and get so smart that the new rule will be to vote me Day 1, not Shadows. I have always loved all the players and hosts, and these games are awesome because of the community playing them.

Hooray! We voted out a scum and managed to all survive! How rare is that?

I'm beginning to wonder if certain people were granted with an automatic second chance. The odds of someone knowing who would die 2 nights in a row in order to resurrect them would be astronomical. And surely if there were such a thing as vampires, there would not be so many.

Yay! We killed a Demon Legion! :sweet:

I have to congratulate everybody who made that happen, I just wish I could have participated more :blush: . Watchmaking is a consuming job; it takes the hands of a Duchess and time to make these beautiful things :wub:

So another Death:Revival situation happened tonight as well. It seems like this reviver is getting a list of those dead tonight, what else could explain the sudden revivals? :wacko:

So is the reviver good or evil? :wacko: Questions that will probably be good to investigate today?

Anybody see any crows?

Those birds scare me :look:

This was a good night! :sweet:

I find it very intriguing that neither Arsonist, crow or Brigit's killer were successful last night. Was Lauren one of them? I can imagine Lauren being the Arsonist, given the torch she light herserf on fire with, but I was led to believe that the Arsonist would be neutral. On the other hand, maybe I'm reading too much into the way she died. But we can't deny that no house burned last night.

It would seem that the blocker and possibly a vigilante, or a scum killer, led a joint attack on Felix. I wonder what they know about Felix that we don't. I'm afraid that being blocked last night doesn't look too good for Felix, and I'm looking forward to hearing his explanations.

Mod note: Kenda Cat (I Scream Clone) Was unintentionally left out of this morning's group shot... megabluck balls, now Cameron Crocodile has fallen over. How many times do I have to take this picture? Fabuland figures can be difficult to work with. They can fall down, fall out of shots, knock everyone else over... :hmpf:

I am very heartened to awake this morning and find everyone important to me alive and well. And good riddence to that scummy Lamb Lauren. The Village is better off without her and her demon worshipping ways.

I am even more encouraged that we actually found out her alignment. Does that mean Lauren was the alleged Janitor. Or perhaps Felix Fox was the scum Janitor, and the combination of his petrification and death (and subsequent rebirth *huh* ) prevented him from hiding the truth.

Then there is the non-appearance of our Arsonist. Perhaps Felix fulfills that role. Perhaps not.

No matter how you cut it, Felix does indeed seem to have a lot to answer for.

I am a bit worried about the lack of Legion activity. Were they also prevented from acting, or were they busy trying to add to their ranks?

megabluck balls, now Cameron Crocodile has fallen over.

Oh, I thought he was just grazing! :grin:

Adding to my previous thoughts, perhaps Bristol was the mysterious crow? We never got wind of his alignement, his soul was sucked by Papa Demon just like Lauren's, and since he's gone so has the crow.

I know I'm assuming a lot, but of the four known killers if one is a vigilante, and the other two were Bristol and Lauren, then only one is left and was blocked last night. This may be too simple to be true, but it would explain the lack of Legion activity.

Adding to my previous thoughts, perhaps Bristol was the mysterious crow? We never got wind of his alignement, his soul was sucked by Papa Demon just like Lauren's, and since he's gone so has the crow.

Mod note: Bristol is a girl's name. :hmpf:

Finally, we've gotten our first scum! Hopefully we'll get another today.

I can imagine Lauren being the Arsonist, given the torch she light herserf on fire with, but I was led to believe that the Arsonist would be neutral.

That's what I had thought too, but it does seem odd that she wasn't neutral... :look:

Another kill/revival job in one night? It just so... unlikely. This at once makes Helen look more innocent (as does her conviction of a Demon Legionnaire - Well done there, I'm sorry I doubted you!), and Felix look more suspicious. And then we should take the lack of a Arson attack, along with last nights paralysis of Felix into account, which further increase my suspicion.

However, we all saw Lauren attack Helen with a torch. Perhaps she was the Arsonist, and no other Legionnaire has taken her place?

And, luckily, I witnessed no Crows last night. My third night of uninterrupted sleep.

Would everybody please go over every accusation the fox flung at me yesterday for being revived and then apply it to him...

Of course, he was killed and revived last night, so he wasn't able to make the kill he wanted to, and no villager was killed. What a relief.

As for Lauren, she was most likely a blocker of sorts, and that would make her not the arsonist... After all, we've been told she targeted Edgar on night on, while it was Booker who received the attack of the arsonist.

Good morning everybody! ROAR! Anyone care for some lamb? I got a great deal on it this morning. :sweet:

Arsonist, killer, janitor... no, Lauren was the scum blocker. That was the one of the main reasons we voted her off, remember? Because it clashed with my role? Besides, I blocked her on Night 2, when 3 killers and the janitor struck.

And Bristol Bunny? I blocked her on Night 1, when the crow killer attacked Horace. So we can throw that theory out the window. ROOAAR!!! I agree though, it seems likely Bristol was scum. Why else would the janitor want to get rid of her body? If she was a townie, we would've gained very little from learning her allegiance.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing Felix's explanation. ROOAARR!!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing Felix's explanation. ROOAARR!!!

I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderously long-winded and unconvincing.

Woohoo! A successful conviction and deathless night.

Of course, he was killed and revived last night, so he wasn't able to make the kill he wanted to, and no villager was killed. What a relief.

So you suspect that Felix is the Demon-worshipping-killer... that makes sense if Lauren was the blocker.

But if Lauren wasn't the arsonist, why wasn't there a fire last night? Was there another block that wasn't shown?

Thanks, Lazlo, but no, I'll pass on the demon giblets.

The lack of arson and demon legion kills certainly means Felix needs to give us an explanation, however verbose it may prove. This will only explain the lack of one killing. The fact that there wasn't a death at all means either that another target was protected, the legion killer was blocked, or that the demons were up to something else. It's the last option that worries me most.

So you suspect that Felix is the Demon-worshipping-killer... that makes sense if Lauren was the blocker.

But if Lauren wasn't the arsonist, why wasn't there a fire last night? Was there another block that wasn't shown?

I actually suspect Felix is the arsonist. Why someone would bring him back to life is beyond me though. Maybe God gave him a second chance because he didn't want to hear about Neutrals for the next millennium or so.

I think in general, blocks aren't shown, just when it affects major events. The demon legion have had their numbers cut down, and there is a chance that they tried to recruit someone to join their ranks. I suspect they can't kill and recruit at the same time. This is my guess. We'll know more as info gets disseminated. Some of this village's animals are still sleeping, can you believe it?!

I actually suspect Felix is the arsonist. Why someone would bring him back to life is beyond me though. Maybe God gave him a second chance because he didn't want to hear about Neutrals for the next millennium or so.

Aha, thanks for the clarification. I'm beginning to think that there's a very unique resurrection action out there... it's almost like for every magical kill, one of us can decide to revive them or not. I'm guessing that Wendell was a ressurector of arsonist victims only, but gave up his life in the process.

Anyone seen Becka today? She'd promised me a massage this morning :look:

:laugh:

<ahem> Right. So yeah, blocked, blown to bits and brought back to life - all in one night! You must have been up to something good, eh Felix? The fox who no one knows the alignment of, brought back to life by the shadowy figure no one knows the alignment of. The 'second village reviver', I mean. :wink: Strange that there were no killings (other than your own) on the night that you were blocked so hard you exploded. :grin: Unless the scum are trying to set you up. Anyway, hopefully now you can manage to invest some trust in Helen, that is if you're a townie... I know Helen's become a lot more trustworthy to me.

No idea why the Arsonist didn't strike either. Maybe it was Lauren. :sceptic: And the lack of anyone spotting any sickles worries me...

I knew something didn't ring true with the little lamb, yays!

Another intriguing nights action to digest. Strange that there was no Legion kill that we can obviously see unless they are the one who killed the petrified Felix. I wonder who petrified him first though, perhaps the fireman? Edgar any ideas on this?

Thanks, Lazlo, but no, I'll pass on the demon giblets.

The lack of arson and demon legion kills certainly means Felix needs to give us an explanation, however verbose it may prove. This will only explain the lack of one killing. The fact that there wasn't a death at all means either that another target was protected, the legion killer was blocked, or that the demons were up to something else. It's the last option that worries me most.

Mmmm speaking of giblets, I am off to clean myself for a little while and mull over all the events of the night some more.

All good points my pointy toothed friend.

Can't believe I was left out of the group shot! Maybe this pussy is on the nose? :look:

Hi everyone, good to see you all alive.

I have to run right now, but I have some information to share regarding Fantastic Mr. Fox over there. Basically, I believe he is the arsonist, and for several reasons. Firstly, I told him on day one that I was going to target him that night with an action that only works on villagers. I no longer have that action after my death, sadly, but it certainly gave him a motive to want me dead at the time. Secondly, he claimed to me privately, and to at least one other person, that he watches people at night and that Edgar did nothing on night 2. I have had it confirmed from two sources that Edgar was not blocked on night 2 and performed his action successfully. Next we have the ridiculous role claim Felix made to me yesterday, suggesting that if he was investigated he wasn't sure that he would show up as town. I have never heard of someone being both a miller and a watcher, and frankly I think it is ridiculous. Next we have his insistence yesterday that we could not trust Helen, which would match with his attack on her the previous night. Then there is the more obvious evidence from last night. Felix was blocked, and the arsonist did not strike.

I feel from all of the above, there is a substantial amount of evidence pointing to Felix being the arsonist. We know that Lauren was not the arsonist as she blocked Edgar on night one, so the burning torch yesterday was just a narrative prop.

I am worried about Becka, she did not turn up to wax my other arm last night, and she is not here this morning. I have tried contacting her, but she is apparently unavailable. :look:

I will be back shortly to answer any questions.

Oddly, the first sentence he spoke during his second life was "The ressurections are getting on my megablocking nerves."

That's for damn sure, but at least I understand it better now, so that's an improvement.

No matter how you cut it, Felix does indeed seem to have a lot to answer for.

Not really, it's actually very simple, but hold on, I'm fairly sure someone will be hippo-critical and jump on me shortly. :grin:

Another kill/revival job in one night? It just so... unlikely. This at once makes Helen look more innocent (as does her conviction of a Demon Legionnaire - Well done there, I'm sorry I doubted you!), and Felix look more suspicious. And then we should take the lack of a Arson attack, along with last nights paralysis of Felix into account, which further increase my suspicion.

How does that work given that we were clearly revived by the same person? If you're going to suspect me, you'd have to turn the same suspicion equally towards Helen, wouldn't you?

However, we all saw Lauren attack Helen with a torch. Perhaps she was the Arsonist, and no other Legionnaire has taken her place?

That's how it looked to me, and if the arsonist was the typical serial killer, no one would take her place.

Would everybody please go over every accusation the fox flung at me yesterday for being revived and then apply it to him...

Nice try, but I was revived by the same person you were. Would you like to confess something, given that it clearly puts us on the same side? I can admit to being wrong yesterday, but given the weird situation it was understandable and we were all confused. I was far from the only one who suspected you. Now that I know what is going on, it's easy to see my mistake and admit it. Can you, or will you really be a hippo-crit?

I guess not. :laugh:

Next we have the ridiculous role claim Felix made to me yesterday, suggesting that if he was investigated he wasn't sure that he would show up as town. I have never heard of someone being both a miller and a watcher, and frankly I think it is ridiculous.

:laugh:

Now that's just lazy lying.

Nice try, but I was revived by the same person you were. Would you like to confess something, given that it clearly puts us on the same side? I can admit to being wrong yesterday, but given the weird situation it was understandable and we were all confused. I was far from the only one who suspected you. Now that I know what is going on, it's easy to see my mistake and admit it. Can you, or will you really be a hippo-crit?

I now know who revived me, another of the crusading townies who have been working relentlessly to clean our beloved little town. And that fair and brave creature most certainly did not apply their talents to you. On the contrary, that heroic villager did tell me they wanted you out of this village as soon as possible. Oh town, we love you so, and we will not rest until it's been washed clean of those who would sully it. I, Helen Hippo, despite being a fat twaddler, am also a (non-religious) crusader who will stop at nothing to unite the good people of this town against these lazy scoundrels.

And you're right, you're not the only one who suspected me, there was one who spent an almost equal time painting me as a baddie: Lauren Lamb :laugh: You strategize with the good company it seems :wink:

Anyway, as our sleepy little furry hamlet wakes itself, it's been brought to my attention that you were trying to kill me for a second time last night! Unbelievable! Bad fox, bad! We have no choice but to feed you to those demons in the woods tonight... Please wash yourself carefully, we don't want to give them indigestion.

I realize there is no actual need to debate these points with the fox, please know, I'm just doing it for fun :grin:

Well obviously whoever did revive you, Felix, made a mistake. Not only did it waste the actions of Brown-Wand, who I assume is our vigilante, but now we have to waste our vote on you today. Otherwise you'll try to burn the whole village down.

If you and Helen were revived by the same person, they must not have known who you were. Or there's an even crazier explanation for things that involves at least two rival factions of undead roaming our fair village doing battle against one another. Somehow I don't think that's happened, though.