maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

Looking good - already shaping up really well. Going to be interesting to see what goes where. :classic:

Wow, this is going to be epic. I love the bridge. :sweet:

Are you counting the pieces while building this?

I wish I could but it´s to heavy for count every minute.

I try to weigh each chapter at the end.

Here is the start of chapter 3. The rapid river through the terrain

img_6268.jpg

Oh wow, this is quite an awesome project and such a great thing to be able to watch the WIP. I'll be sure to keep checking in, thank you for posting these! :thumbup:

By the way, I'll guess a hut/house will be going in that sandy area. Can't wait to see though. :classic:

any updates on this???? I am anxiously awaiting to see more of this.

Well done! Nice WIP, seriously!

Just 1 question: where do you buy boxes of bricks, and how much money do you think your diorama will cost?

Thanks!

Well done! Nice WIP, seriously!

Just 1 question: where do you buy boxes of bricks, and how much money do you think your diorama will cost?

Thanks!

Thank you. All my Lego is bought on ebay. I love searching offers of mixed kilogram with special sets in it, based only on specific parts seen on the pictures. I know that green, brown and gray parts are highly recommended for this build so I bought the set 4998 two times today to increase my amount of usefull parts. One of them was complete and I could get it for 20€ and the other one not but must of the parts exist and without any number and/or name of the original set I was able to get it for 8€. For it´s fun.

The entire build would be very expensive based on the fact that gray, tan, brown and even green are more expensive than colours like blue, yellow, red and so on, Imho.

any updates on this???? I am anxiously awaiting to see more of this.

The last week was very busy to continue. My girlfriend was here. So I take only a few boxes of brown and plant parts and try to make trees. One of them is shown on the next picture and to compare a minifig stands next to him. I´m carpenter and I love trees and the original trees from TLG could not satisfy my idea of a nice tree. Not today and not as child.

One of the trees. Maybe I will enlarge the amount of leaves after all trees are done and I can see how many parts are left for it.

img_6342.jpg

Next update possible on tuesday evening

I really like that tree, it's huge! :thumbup: Seeing a forest of them would be cool. Can't wait to see more updates!

Next update possible on tuesday evening

Yes !! we are tuesday :sweet: ....

..damn it's not the evening yet ! :hmpf_bad: ... can't wait to see a new step of this amazing MOC !! :thumbup:

Really awesome! I need to start going to Ebay and Brickshelf for my next MOC. The river erosion and tree are just awesome.

I'm subscribing to this thread :laugh:

Yes !! we are tuesday :sweet: ....

..damn it's not the evening yet ! :hmpf_bad: ... can't wait to see a new step of this amazing MOC !! :thumbup:

That´s a really good kick a** to continue my work :laugh::thumbup:

I will try to up the third section later this evening, it´s half done.

Here are two new pictures for techniques I use.

The first isn´t special, but I try to use not important parts to push the ground and give it stability, like technic and rod bricks.

The other one is build with one of my favourite parts, the log brick. My two pirateships are made with them to give it a real looking plank aspect.

They are brilliant to build a round looking rod for tree trunks for example whitout using any one hinge. It´s a pity that there are only available in a huge amount in brown and gray (in all levels) and tan and only in 1 x 2 and 1 x 4. :cry_sad:

img_6353.jpg

img_6354-55.jpg

Looks great so far. The Palisade Brick technique is very nice; I'll have to try that some time.

Fantastic work, Mayday Artist! The bridge and the tree are amazing, and the landscaping is wonderful. Well done, and I can't wait to see it finished!

Looks like the terrain on this chapter won´t be done tonight, or very late.

So here is the up to date pic. I will brick on now. :wink:

img_6356.jpg

I was impatiently waiting for this update, now I can go to bed! :wink: no seriously, as many here I'm really excited about this project and am quite curious about how you are progressing. Interesting techniques and all just very creative! BTW, are you planning to make beech trees? I think the grey log bricks should be excellent for that

Wow, how have I missed this. I've now got a new thing to look forward to every week! What an amazing project, and your progress looks fascinating so far - as is the case with all your work :thumbup:

Absurd o.O update it as soon as possible :D

I want to do something like this, but space and moneys don't help me :(

... BTW, are you planning to make beech trees? I think the grey log bricks should be excellent for that

I don´t have enough of them and gray would be realistic but in Lego it could look strange, what do you think?

Ok, after a change to my plan the missing rest from chapter three is done. Now the forth chapter (the back left corner) comes up to my mind and I will start with him on sunday I think.

I'm excited to the what you think of the rest of the terrain on chapter three.

Here it is.

the eagle eye view

img_6363.jpg

the level up in detail

img_6362.jpg

and the total of all three chapters

img_6361.jpg

and a detail from the second bridge. Another way to do the bridge arch ;)

img_6365.jpg

Btw all the ideas for the sand place in chapter three are wrong :tongue::sweet:

But I have to say thank you for all the guess anyway :thumbup: :thumbup:

And thank you all for all the positive feedback.

Nice. Bridge arch technique is especially nice. Why have I never thought of that?

Amazing! The landscape is developing quite nicely (special mention to those two rock formations). And that bridge is very cleverly done (love the detailing). Can't wait to see more. :sweet:

Looking good mate, the landscape is starting to have a natural feel now and both bridges are looking nice. Good choice on using normal studded water, makes a refreshing change. I'm just about to start part 3 of my myths &legends series, so I will probably do it in sections like yours as it's a much easier way to work on. Keep the updates coming!

img_6361.jpg

A very nice view !

(is there already someone in recon in the sand on the left ?) :classic: