maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

That has to be one of the best Castle MOCs I have ever seen. I am completely blown away with all of the detail and the different design choices that you put into that awesome display. All am left to say is WOW! I am going to quit now and continue taking in the details of your creation.

That's an amazing build big but full of details. You need to have a lot of space in the house to place something like that ;) I really love how many levels this construction have.

This castle has to be one of the best I've ever seen, right up there with the Bluewater castle. I understand that necroing is against the rules, but I saw this castle only because it was necroed, and I am very happy to have seen it.

Yeah. Let's try to remember that. Bringing back an old thread is generally frowned upon. There is new/fresh stuff to discuss, so let's stick with that please. You can still enjoy MayDay's work, and if he ever returns, hopefully we'll get an update. Until then, let's talk about something new or check out the latest Guild's of Historica challenge!

On 26-7-2011 at 6:59 PM, maydayartist said:

First I have already to say thank you for all of your superb feedback, that´s my motivation for bricking on :thumbup:

The Blacksmith is ready (outside) and in addition the little well next to the blacksmith too.

Last details and minifigs will be add when chapter 5 (the village) is completely done.

On one end the new water wheel is connected and drives a big hammer inside the building. The water inflow will be constructed later.

It was my plan to add a wooden structure on the other end of the house for all the blacksmith things. An anvil, the forge, the water place and a grindstone.

Unfortunately all of this is a little bit hide under the roof but that´s a little tribut for the realistic scene. Would you work under free sky if it´s rain? :sweet:

The first version from the roof wasn´t accepted by a workmate of mine, so the second version was done and hey, he was right. The new one looks very much better.

img_8771.jpg

img_8775.jpg

the mechanism of the wheel and the hammer (a little bit easy, I know. Sorry for that :wink: )

img_8701.jpg

The next building on my list is the tavern, but it can take a lot of time to give you new updates. Next week is another assembly on my work for 5 days. No bricking at that time :sad::cry_sad:

We will see.

have a nice evening

Phil

Hi Phil,

I came across your waterwheel and was curious how you managed to connect the reddish brown 2x3 plate in that way to the rest of the waterwheel.

Can you help me out over here? ?

Greetings

Jan

1 hour ago, TheJanneman said:

Hi Phil,

I came across your waterwheel and was curious how you managed to connect the reddish brown 2x3 plate in that way to the rest of the waterwheel.

Can you help me out over here? ?

Greetings

Jan

Or anyone else who can help me out ?

Hi,

Welcome to EB!

Maydayartist hasn't been online since 2015, so don't expect any answer from him. Please be careful with bumping old topics. This is frowned upon.

Other than that; have fun!

I realize that bumping old topics is frowned upon, but wow, I would have never seen this amazing build if it had not been bumped!  Maybe we should create a small subforum of 'hall of fame' builds or something that includes builds like this?  I bet there's other really awesome stuff out there that I will likely never see since it's older.

That's still no reason to post in this topic, especially when a moderator told not to. Just feast your eyes on it and move on. And a hall of fame would become enormous because there's just too much great stuff to find here. :wink:

Closing this for now. If maydayartist returns he can request to open it again.