maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

I know it was a while ago, but that green and black building with the grey stairs looks like it's going to be awesome.

I know it was a while ago, but that green and black building with the grey stairs looks like it's going to be awesome.

Argh! When are you going to add the castle on the hill? I am waiting in eager anticipation for that, that's for sure!

...uh oh! Please don't tell me there won't be a "castle on the hill".

...uh oh! Please don't tell me there won't be a "castle on the hill".

Maybe I shouldn't even have put this idea into your heads. :sceptic: Just pretend you didn't read this comment and make the castle!

Hello my friends,

After five long days without any chance to upload pictures on BS they are back, woho! :thumbup:

And I'm back too with new updates. :classic:

After a long break with only a short time for my hobby I collect and weigh my Lego and can now repeat my work.

If any new updates will fit to the guild builds I try to adapt it.

First I have bad and good news for you.

The bad, i´my project isn't finished.

But the good is that it will become bigger. A 16 wide extension on the long side.

The six chapters are still existing so chapter two, three and four grow on the same size like their counterparts chapter one, five and six.

The first resaon for this is the small place on chapter three. I can't do what I want on this small field.

Now the field is bigger and the path for the knights to the camp on chapter two is removed and new located between chapter one and two.

But you need to be patient to see what this location will get. :devil:

On this time the extensions for chapter two and most on chapter three are ready.

The extended space on chapter two is perfect for a new tent that's done already.

And here are new pictures for you in order of construction:

The empty 16 studs extension

img_9838.jpg

The new tent with two masts inside ...

img_9839.jpg

... and the details from the inside

img_9840.jpg

The new bigger Chapter 2 before the path is relayed.

img_9841.jpg

The new place for the old little tent and a new pine.

img_9842.jpg

The first step on chapter 3

img_9843.jpg

The big path with new junction

img_9844.jpg

img_9845.jpg

Completed fireplace and relayed path

img_9846.jpg

and finally the ready upway

img_9847.jpg

The next step is the free place on chapter three.

Hope to do this in a few days.

Until then, Phil

My goodness, is going to be huge with those extended chapters. :oh:

Keep them coming.

Wow! Nice technic on that tent! Thanks for sharing! This is just an AWESOME MOC that keeps getting bigger and better! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great to see you back! I love your tents. I have always thought brick made tents were missing something and now I realize your use of the string pieces finish them off nicely! cant wait to see the next chapter

Just when you have us all convinced that this is huge, you come back with an even huge-er :tongue: landscape! Your additions are amazing and the tents are just superb. I'm glad to see this back on page 1. Eagerly awaiting your next update. :cry_happy:

Just when we thought this work was utterly forgotten (actually, not "just", I've been thinking it had been forgotten for quite some time now), you update it again. I suppose our nagging finally paid off! :laugh:

This is great work! Truly. I really look forward to your future updates, and if you can save all of your updates into one topic without any outside comments like Cadern Derfel's: "Detailed Guide..." I would be all the more grateful, hint, hint!

How did you with that Winter Theme building contest? Did your entry place?

Yes I have placed it in time :)

We have to build anything around winter and there were to categories of participants.

The 1-15 year old and the 16+ and every category have had 25 winners and yes my entry was one of them.

btt:

I'm working on a new building and I hope to finish it til weekend.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Phil

Yes I have placed it in time :)

We have to build anything around winter and there were to categories of participants.

The 1-15 year old and the 16+ and every category have had 25 winners and yes my entry was one of them.

btt:

I'm working on a new building and I hope to finish it til weekend.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Phil

I LOVE that shot in your signature!

I LOVE that shot in your signature!

Absolutely agree! Brilliant! Can't wait to see further updates on this. This is the best MOC ever! :laugh:

...okay, maybe I was a bit too quick in saying that. :look:

Hello friends,

I have finished my next building.

It will be located on the free field on chapter 3.

But for the first time it is only the house.

In the next few days I will update more pictures with different steps of the build.

I don't know if I can do a similar guide to the one of Derfels. Maybe if there is a bit more time.

And here is my farmhouse with stable for cows in it.

I try to give every house any new style so the woodwork is another way like the old buildings.

And the the roof is completely new, straw covered.

I hope you like it.

img_9848.jpg

img_9849.jpg

img_9850.jpg

img_9851.jpg

img_9852.jpg

img_9853.jpg

The next pictures will be done with daylight.

Phil

That's wonderful. :thumbup: A look at some of the steps would be excellent too!

Edited by Trent

Oh how I wish I had the time/space/money/lego to be able to do something like this. This is just so fantastically awesome! :cry_happy:

AWESOME building! It made me take a look at my MVR for a quick comparison... And it made me feel like doing a new roof, just like yours! Great job! I love the hinges at the door and all the little details -- like the different bricks, the techniques and well, everything! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

holy crap, this is so great!! Not really a super complicated build but looking totally awesome. I wonder though, what it would look like if the walls were more red bricks instead of white. I guess I have to give that a shot myself ...