thegurumb

If you could pick one Star Wars Set to own

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Which one would it be?

I'm searching hard for either the Lego 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner - UCS or the Lego 7191 X-wing Fighter either of those would be great to have.

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

UCS X-wing everytime looks far nicer on display, i paid twice the origonal price for mine back in 2005 so no idea what a sealed set would cost now.

What he says :tongue:

I found one for sale, but.. 1300 Euro's :cry_sad:

I have a first edition version with Coa from Lego of that set still sealed, the x wing looks amazing I need one bad lol

I reallly want the UCS ISD, but its too expensive now.

For your info I bought mine brick by brick, swaping the old gray to new light bluish gray. I finished building it with my sons today. I estimate the final cost between 300€ and 400€, with a handful of tricks (such as using black 1x16 technic bricks instead of light grey ones, they can't be seen and cost 3 times less)

For your info I bought mine brick by brick, swaping the old gray to new light bluish gray. I finished building it with my sons today. I estimate the final cost between 300€ and 400€, with a handful of tricks (such as using black 1x16 technic bricks instead of light grey ones, they can't be seen and cost 3 times less)

What is the UCS ISD then?

Edited by thegurumb

What he says :tongue:

I found one for sale, but.. 1300 Euro's :cry_sad:

This one guy found it for $500 and got it immediately.

Btw, I would get Cloud City (set 10123).

If you mean one set to get for free, then I go the one that's worth the most with the most pieces. :laugh: UCS MF all the way.

What is the UCS ISD then?

:sceptic: What are you asking? If you want to know what it stands for, it's Ultimate Collector's Series Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

If you mean one set to get for free, then I go the one that's worth the most with the most pieces. :laugh: UCS MF all the way.

:sceptic: What are you asking? If you want to know what it stands for, it's Ultimate Collector's Series Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

Ah I see thanks.

You mean if we had to choose any one set keep? That's hard. The UCS Y-wing is still my Favorite I think, but the UCS Snowspeeder, UCS Falcon, and original 4483 AT-AT are all also very close behind.

If we could add any one set to our current collection? Definately 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle. That's one I'm most looking forward to :wub:

This is a pretty bad question. Everyone should be picking the UCS MF, whether you have it or not. It could be sold for any other UCS set and there will be still be cash left over. If you just wanted pieces, the MF has the most.

I know this may sound absurd, but I would give up all the sets and keep every minifig. They are my favorite part.

UCS Millennium Falcon (is that right fallenangel911? :tongue:)

It's iconic and represents the entire Star Wars Universe to me.

Oh yeah, it has to be the UCS Millennium Falcon hands down. I was lucky enough to get a brand new one off eBay for £295 about 2 weeks before it was discontinued :sweet: . Got me a b*ll*cking of the missus - but now she wishes I'd bought more than one :laugh: .

I guess a UCS MF too, but I would have no room for it.....so for the big kid in me...I say Cloud City. (Hope we get a new one in future, the only negative of the old those loudhailer blasters....I don't like them :wink: )

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

Nothing original here - I desperately want a UCS Millennium Falcon, and have since it was released. I've been terribly frustrated by its discontinuation.

:cry_sad:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Death Star. Tons of minifigs and it's a giant multi playset. And pulling it apart would probably be able to build a few SW MOCs as well.

I agree with distortme; I'd go for the Death Star Playset. It has:

- All the main characters of the OT and more.

- Lots of iconic scenes from the OT

- Tons of playability

- a nice variety of parts in case you want to take it apart

and it is relatively easy to display.

The only downside of it is the fact that it doesn't really look like the Death Star due to the lack of a hull, so people wont instantly recognize it from afar, but who would want to conceal those beautifully detailed scenes anyway? :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

UCS Millennium Falcon (is that right fallenangel911? :tongue:)

It's iconic and represents the entire Star Wars Universe to me.

Either it's just me or there are more variations of my username than anyone else in the Star Wars subforum. :tongue:

Yes, it is... and not only that, I think that 10179 is also the most accurate of all the UCS sets, which makes it all the better. LEGO really took a hint from Pepa that time. :laugh:

Well, really I would go for the Death Star playset. Its got lots of minifigs and just frames all the iconic scenes nicely. But its UCS!

So what would my favourite set be you ask? it definitely would be the 2007 Y-Wing! This just resembles classic modern Lego to me. The flesh smilie shows how the evolution of the minifig, the greebling showing how small pieces can be used for effect detail and the well scaled ship with perfect curves just shows how much Lego is more an art form than toy. And it was my first Lego set I bought as well. :laugh:

Edited by Roncanator

UCS Death Star playset. It's the sort of toy I'd have DREAMT of as a kid, but only now as an adult can afford.

Tonnes of great minifigs, plenty of playability features, plenty of MOC-potential. Just the all-round perfect set. And the fact it has scenes from all 3 of the Original films is just all the better. It's a timeless classic.

UCS Falcon might be the most physically impressive, but Death Star gets my vote.

And the fact it has scenes from all 3 of the Original films is just all the better.

There are no scenes from ESB. Just saying. :wink:

There are no scenes from ESB. Just saying. :wink:

My mistake! But yeah... It 'spanned' the length of the OT. And as far as I'm concerned, should stand for the "Only Trilogy" :classic: