Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

Turbo VPR

UPDATE: Please see the latest version a few posts below.

I'm back with another Sci-Fi MOC! :classic:

I recently read the "Remembering Nate 'nnenn' Nielsen" article in BrickJournal #13, and I was inspired to build my own Vic Viper-style fighter.

TURBO VPR

Propulsion: 1 main turbo/hyperdrive engine and thruster, plus 2 wing-mounted thrusters

Maximum Speed: Mach 4 (atmosphere), Warp 4 (space)

Weapons: 2 wing-mounted plasma cannons, 4 laser blasters between the prongs, and 2 wing-mounted missiles

Capacity: 1 pilot

Other Features: Retractable landing gear, xenon headlights, opening cockpit, and hinged main wings

turbo_vpr_1.png

turbo_vpr_2.png

turbo_vpr_3.png

turbo_vpr_4.png

turbo_vpr_5.png

turbo_vpr_6.png

turbo_vpr_7.png

LXF File

Brickshelf Gallery (when public)

This model was made entirely within LDD's Design byME mode, so it's buyable! :grin: It costs over 60 USD though. :wacko:

Thanks for looking! :classic:

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Not bad. I like the design. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a VV, though, because a VV should have single dorsal tail, and yours has two.

Not bad. I like the design. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a VV, though, because a VV should have single dorsal tail, and yours has two.

Thank you. :classic: You're right about the single dorsal tail, but I wasn't sure how to work one into my model around the main engine, so I went with two.

-Toa Of Justice

Thank you. :classic: You're right about the single dorsal tail, but I wasn't sure how to work one into my model around the main engine, so I went with two.

You could turn the current set of tails into a cover over the engine and then build the tail on top of that.

Excellent designing there 'Toa_Of_Justice', but the good doctor is right a tail mount above the main thruster would look much better. I do like the overall design, landing gear and all ! :grin:

Two things I would like to add, I'm not sure if missiles would work in space and flames....flames need oxygen to be visible....space 0% oxygen ! :devil:

Anyway, fantastic LDD work there and Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! :grin:

You could turn the current set of tails into a cover over the engine and then build the tail on top of that.

I'm not sure how to make the engine cover, but now I have an idea to make a neat single dorsal fin, which I'll post shortly.

Excellent designing there 'Toa_Of_Justice', but the good doctor is right a tail mount above the main thruster would look much better. I do like the overall design, landing gear and all ! :grin:

Two things I would like to add, I'm not sure if missiles would work in space and flames....flames need oxygen to be visible....space 0% oxygen ! :devil:

Anyway, fantastic LDD work there and Brick On ! :grin:

You're right about the flames, they're just there for show. I could get rid of them, but I think they add neat details to my craft. As for the missiles, I suppose they're not needed, but if the other weapons were to fail, how else would the pilot defend himself and his allies? :tongue: Remember, the Turbo VPR is capable of atmospheric and space flight, so the missiles could come in handy on a hostile alien world!

...I'll go work on version 2 now. :blush:

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: Here we go! :grin:

turbo_vpr_v2_1.png

turbo_vpr_v2_2.png

LXF File

It's also slightly cheaper than version 1! :laugh:

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

This ship shouldn't cost more than $10 on Bricklink (assuming the same seller has all the pieces you need), don't even bother with shop-at-home.

I like the design, only nit picks are:

-The long red wedges in front would look more solid if you filled them in (with a 2x4 red plate?)

-I like the detailing of the ship, but the guns on the wingtips look boring compared to the rest of it, instead of a pillar how about using a bunch of cylinders/cones or whatever

Pretty neat starfighter Toa! And thanks for sharing the LXF, I already included it in the LXF MOC Index. :thumbup:

Thank you very much! :grin:

This ship shouldn't cost more than $10 on Bricklink (assuming the same seller has all the pieces you need), don't even bother with shop-at-home.

I agree, Design byME is way too expensive. I'm usually satisfied with just building and viewing a model using the software, so I don't need to spend any money that way. :tongue:

I like the design, only nit picks are:

-The long red wedges in front would look more solid if you filled them in (with a 2x4 red plate?)

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks much better now.

-I like the detailing of the ship, but the guns on the wingtips look boring compared to the rest of it, instead of a pillar how about using a bunch of cylinders/cones or whatever

I tried using a bunch of cylinders in place of the columns, but it didn't look very nice. How about this instead?

turbo_vpr_v3_1.png

turbo_vpr_v3_2.png

LXF File

-Toa Of Justice