Sign in to follow this  
Cinco Llagas

Tips for recognizing contemporary pirates

Hi!

I am new, I hope I am posting this in the correct sub-forum.

I legolized (or what can be the verb?) few tips for recognizing contemporary pirates I had found in Tom Bowling's book 'A brief history of pirates and buccaneers'. I hope they will amuse you. Let's start:

prts_intro_2.jpg

Edited by Cinco Llagas

Welcome to the site Cinco Llagas!

I'll just move this to the Pirate MOCs forum where it will fit better. :pir-classic:

Great! I love your sarcastic guide. It is very funny and seems to be very helpful! :pir-classic:

Oh and I think I'll blog this!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]...soon

Haha nice :pir_laugh2: And useful too. Those pirates have been irritating me for a long time now so now I can finally solve that problem.

My tip for future comics is to use a better font though. I can read it but that takes quite a lot of effort.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Nice work there Cinco Llagas!

Great tips there for those in doubt of nearby fishing boats :pir_laugh2:

How do you know if you're a pirate?..... you just Aarrrrgh.

Edited by TazManiac

thank you for the feedback - I changed the font, I hope it is easier to read now (on the other hand, you have to excuse poor old pirates' writing, guys were not exactly Shakespeares ;)).

Yes, I have few more ideas, I hope to set them up soon.

I am doing something like this for the first time, and to be honest I am not exactly sure what I am doing - I am just trying to limit the shadows as much as possible, and make it all bright without flash. All I have are two 60W desk lamps, one ??W desk tube lights lamp, and Canon PowerShot A610 (see the setup picture below). I am hardly the first one looking for help - can you please direct me to some tutorial/FAQ or something like that that could help me to improve - so I don't miss it? Any other advice/criticism would be highly appreciated! Thanks.

prts_setup.jpg

Those are hilarious indeed, keep em coming! :pir-sweet:

Btw, thanks for all the efforts with regards to photography! The pics really bring the text to life and your hints of irony are quite enjoyable :]

hahaha I enjoyed it vey much. :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: