DLuders

World's Largest LEGO Great Ball Contraption at LW 2011

gbc_logo.jpg front_page_thumb.jpg

LasseDeleuran posted this
of a fantastic "GBC (Great Ball Contraption) layout consisting of a record breaking 93 modules *oh2* at LEGO World, Copenhagen 2011. The record was set at 15:30, February 17." None of them would be possible without LEGO TECHNIC ! :laugh:

"Builders:
A: Maico Arts, Holland
J: Jean-Marc Nimal, Belgium
K: Klaus Hansen, Denmark
L: Lasse Deleuran, Denmark
M: Martin Nygaard, Denmark
T: Trine Jensen, Denmark
S: Steven Alperts, Belgium" :classic:

Kids love looking at GBCs. To find out more, visit GreatBallContraption.com for ideas and links.

Yeah, I choose the video where Martin's tractor breaks down just as I got to it :tongue:

Sure Technic is in all modules, but I think the team covered an amazing amount of themes: Pirates, Castle, Model Team, Clickits, Bionicle, Train, City and Sports. Any others?

It looks amazing! I'm just wondering, if anyone here was involved with building it, how did you co-ordinate the building of it? Because it doesn't follow the GBC specifications in most places.

Now taht I see it: it really does seem huge, impressive and lots of fun - but the modules very often do not work as intended so that some one has to "help".... :sceptic:

It looks amazing! I'm just wondering, if anyone here was involved with building it, how did you co-ordinate the building of it? Because it doesn't follow the GBC specifications in most places.

See the posts above yours.

The modules follow the GBC standard most of the way (a couple of exceptions in Martin's modules) because we use the lenient standard where modules aren't required to stand on 32x32 base plates. The base plate restriction makes it impossible to let the modules snake or turn left, so we prefer this way outside of USA.

See the posts above yours.

The modules follow the GBC standard most of the way (a couple of exceptions in Martin's modules) because we use the lenient standard where modules aren't required to stand on 32x32 base plates. The base plate restriction makes it impossible to let the modules snake or turn left, so we prefer this way outside of USA.

Ah right I get it. is there any limitation to total length of the modules?

Ah right I get it. is there any limitation to total length of the modules?

No. There are no limits on the size, hence those oversized giant modules. But remember that the larger modules you have, the harder it might be to make a circuit with a good flow.