GRogall

More exclusive set info

Lego requested that something I did eons ago be taken down from mocpages - pointless really as it's still ALL OVER the web - and on my BRICKSHELF - including instructions! ...anyone wanting a cheap alternative to this set need look no further - please have, take, gratis, free, without charge :-)

They didn't ask me btw - they got the owner of mocpages to do it, then he sent me an admittedly apologetic e-mail saying they'd requested it be removed...

It's only the pack mock-ups though - which explains it a bit more I think, still, it seemed really petty and small-minded to me...

Especially considering that it's been viral around the web for as long as it's been out there - totally pointless exercise that makes me think poorly of TLC.

Edited by badgerboy

And here a scan of the post office!

*snip*

Wow! Thanks for the great pic, grogall! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the roof is in Dark Green! I can also see that the orange haired girl is also a mail carrier (the torso is the generic mail person torso), the little boy is holding a bone and a whip piece, and the dress is unprinted (unfortunately). Can't wait for the release!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the roof is in Dark Green!

I'd think it's just black, and the picture makes it look that way.

Lego requested that something I did eons ago be taken down from mocpages - pointless really as it's still ALL OVER the web - and on my BRICKSHELF - including instructions! ...anyone wanting a cheap alternative to this set need look no further - please have, take, gratis, free, without charge :-)

They didn't ask me btw - they got the owner of mocpages to do it, then he sent me an admittedly apologetic e-mail saying they'd requested it be removed...

It's only the pack mock-ups though - which explains it a bit more I think, still, it seemed really petty and small-minded to me...

Especially considering that it's been viral around the web for as long as it's been out there - totally pointless exercise that makes me think poorly of TLC.

It may be either or copyright issue, and they *HAVE* act consistently in issuing take-down notices over those or they can lose them. It's not always a fairness thing or even a reality thing, it's a legal consistency thing. I don't know, I don't work for them but suspect it's somethign along those lines.

Edit, I went to your link, I'd bet it's the use of the LEGO logo on the box mock-up.

Edited by Bearded Castle Guy

And here a scan of the post office!

Very nice set. Looking forward to picking it up.

One complaint though: I wish they'd stick to ONE STYLE of street lamp in these sets.

On Amazon I found a description of volkswagen T1 set. I do not know how much is real, because there are a few things to me does not make sense http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-Creator-Volkswagen-Camper-10220/dp/B0050R0XEG .

Above all it has to be inside a T-shirt "Make LEGO Models, Not War." Fabric T-shirt or a torso of minifigure ? Both do not fit, because I do not believe that they make textil tshirt for only one set.T shirt does not even be in last Belville sets.And minifigure torso did not fit in scale.

Second thing, that makes me curious is kind of shelf with "flowers". That would be a little inappropriate joke, especially in today's tabloid and sensationalist time, because every suspect what "flowers" represent. :sceptic:

But if all is truth, it seems a lot of detail packed model team set. :thumbup::blush:

Edited by Ondra

On Amazon I found a description of volkswagen T1 set. I do not know how much is real, because there are a few things to me does not make sense http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B0050R0XEG .

The 'manufacturer's description' seems quite legit though:

This authentic camper van is a replica of the classic Volkswagen Camper Van from 1962. Every iconic feature is here! On the outside, the terrific detailing includes 'V' shape three-way color split at the front, rounded roof and window frames, opening 'splittie' safari windshield, opening doors, iconic pop-up roof with textile curtain surround, roof rack, rear side air intake vents and lots more! The detailing is equally impressive on the inside, from the authentic VW air-cooled flat four cylinder ‘boxer’ engine, front cabin bench seat, gear stick, angled dashboard and iconic spherical speedometer, to custom LEGO features like folding rear bench seat, folding dinette table, closet with mirror and even a painting!

The textile pop-up roof part is quite surprising. :oh: Looks like TLG went all out for this model!

Well, like I wrote over in the town forum, these winter builds can be considered like the 16+ modular builds.....they use stock parts available that year....I wonder if that banjo face is a sticker ?

Notice the larger than usual number of female minifigs in the winter post office set...at least two including a female postal worker (who will go postal with PMT later in life :laugh: ......I can say that I've being married since 1997 :blush: ).

Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks for the images grogall! It is a very neat set for the holiday, it'll compliment the two other winter sets very well.

Do you happen to know what the shaded brick means? Is it some kind of rating system?

Do you happen to know what the shaded brick means? Is it some kind of rating system?

You talk about that brick in the lower right hand corner of the box art.....that's a light brick ! :wink:

You talk about that brick in the lower right hand corner of the box art.....that's a light brick ! :wink:

I think he's talking about the five white or yellow 2x2 bricks at the bottom of the Collector's Guide entry.

I believe those are a rating of collectible value. Or something along those lines.

I see, doc what you mean.....it's out of the new collectors book, so is it to do with....does anyone have one of these books because the book will tell you(us) what that scale is ? :blush:

It is not for difficulty - one brick out of five for both sets.....decade release ? well since Lego has been around like we know it for over 50 years ? :blush:

I just thought that it'd be cool if they build up to a winter themed train and train station. That'd be really cool!

I just thought that it'd be cool if they build up to a winter themed train and train station. That'd be really cool!

There's already been a Winter Train.

Anyone notice the brown snowshoes on the Mailman? :classic: The Post office is definitely the best Winter Set so far in nearly all aspects! :thumbup:

There's already been a Winter Train.

There has! *oh2* What's the set number? When did it come out? I have to get it! :wub:

Edited by SilvaShado

There has! *oh2* What's the set number? When did it come out? I have to get it! :wub:

The set 10173 (Holiday Train) was released in 2006 and is pictured here!

winter_village.jpg

Edited by GRogall

Good luck picking that one up on the secondary market. You might want to set your sights on something cheaper, like the Death Star!! :laugh:

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

The set 10173 (Holiday Train) was released in 2007 and is pictured here!

Oh, man, that looks so cool! Is it motorized with power functions?

Good luck picking that one up on the secondary market. You might want to set your sights on something cheaper, like the Death Star!! :laugh:

:sad: Aw, that sucks... Well, I can only hope that LEGO will come out with a new one in the next few years...

Edited by SilvaShado

Oh, man, that looks so cool! Is it motorized with power functions?

No, it's a push along train, it came out before the PF trains did and at the tail end of RC trains. :wink:

Fingers crossed we get better pictures of both exclusives real soon ! :blush:

No, it's a push along train, it came out before the PF trains did and at the tail end of RC trains. :wink:

Fingers crossed we get better pictures of both exclusives real soon ! :blush:

Actually Lego did sell the train in S@H with a 9V motor and the instructions are still on the Lego web site.

Actually Lego did sell the train in S@H with a 9V motor and the instructions are still on the Lego web site.

Thanks for the link! Now, if I ever get my hands on the train, I can motorize it. :laugh: