GRogall

More exclusive set info

I want that VW Van...it's better than the old VW Beetle (I know somewhere I can still buy it but for like $180; this one looks better anyway) and the truck in the Winter Village Post Office looks good from what I can see.

Thanks 'astra' for those images, we only need hi-res ones to really start to :drool: and go :moar: ! :smug:

The VW Kombi is too cool and will sell even better than the Beetle....who doesn't want a Hippie van eh ? :excited:

But the best set of the year goes to the Winter Post Office.....Oh, I hope it's released in Oz at Christmas time because I was told THREE winter sets were shown to retailers at this years Toy Fair.

More pictures please ! :excited:

THREE Winter Sets...??? Definitely didn't see that coming! We already knew about the Post Office, courtesy of Grogall-- any further details on the other two?

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. The VW van looks great, much better than the Beetle in my opinion. Another set to tempt me...

THREE Winter Sets...??? Definitely didn't see that coming! We already knew about the Post Office, courtesy of Grogall-- any further details on the other two?

Yeah, the other two....a toy shop and bakery (which is on layby at Toyworld). :blush:

Wow! That Winter Post Office is cool. The red vehicle looks to be an Model A(or T) truck. Nice looking gazebo, and the building looks like it could also fit snugly with the MMV with minor changes.

I just LOVE the post office and will certainly pinch building ideas (like that sax) from it if I cant actually buy one.

As for the VW Kombi van, I dont like German cars so I will give that a miss :(

Seems like LEGO is going to great lengths to keep any and all information (pictures etc) about the makeup and contents of the Black Perl set out of the public eye (even more than they do for most sets).

But the best set of the year goes to the Winter Post Office.....Oh, I hope it's released in Oz at Christmas time because I was told THREE winter sets were shown to retailers at this years Toy Fair.

They only showed the AFOLs they invited to breakfast at the Melbourne Toy Fair the two known winter sets. They might have had the post office hidden only for the retailer who's going to sell it, but we got to see pretty much everything that's shown up so far except the red cargo train.

They only showed the AFOLs they invited to breakfast at the Melbourne Toy Fair the two known winter sets. They might have had the post office hidden only for the retailer who's going to sell it, but we got to see pretty much everything that's shown up so far except the red cargo train.

Well, that was what I was told by a retailer who went there.....come to think about it - one of my main sources said to me last year, no less that the next winter set I would like (the bakery was already out).

Brick On ! :grin:

Well, that was what I was told by a retailer who went there.....come to think about it - one of my main sources said to me last year, no less that the next winter set I would like (the bakery was already out).

Brick On ! :grin:

What about Toy Shop? Came out in 2009, and the surprised with a 2010 reissue. Some sellers who stocked up on them to resell for profit were a bit miffed, and the few unlucky buyers had no recourse if they paid $50 more than MSRP.

Thanks very much for the pics! The Post Office looks amazing! A lovely style of building, and really nice accessories. Probably my favourite set so far this year, not because of specs and all but because the as a set it at least looks far greater than the sum of it's parts ( :wink: ) - great work Lego! :thumbup:

VW looks really nice too. Bring on a great wave of exclusives!

The Post Office is a must have for me as I am changing my table into a lego winterwonderland. The bakery and toy shop I already own.

Considering I spent two years ('88-'90) following the Grateful Dead on tour mostly in simmilar VW Bus's (+ many hours on the roadside trying to fix the suckers and having friendly conversations with the local state police), getting this will be a real nostalgia trip :drunk::grin:

Respect!!

I did a US tour with an old beat up Dodge in the early 90's, but a VW bus following The Dead is one notch up :sweet:

PS: About the LEGO van - I'm not 100% impressed to be honest. The windshield for example I'm not sure about (have to see other pics though before final judgement).

The prices or the two sets are not yet known !

I think the Post Office will be $€ 59,99 since it has about the

same piece count as the Toy Shop.

We should know more about the set on the 7th of August.

posted from my iPhone.

Edited by grogall

The prices or the two sets are not yet known !

I think the Post Office will be $€ 59,99 since it has about the

same piece count as the Toy Shop.

We school know more on the 7th of august.

posted from my iPhone.

Thanks Grogall! Certainly looking forward to it... and it seems like TLG realizes they've got a winner on their hands with the Winter theme!

I'm so glad to see that they're continuing with the winter theme. We have the Bakery and Toy Shop, got those this past November. And now a Post Office. It looks really nice. I do hope some of those pieces are new, but even brick-built designs are fun.

I did a US tour with an old beat up Dodge in the early 90's, but a VW bus following The Dead is one notch up :sweet:

PS: About the LEGO van - I'm not 100% impressed to be honest. The windshield for example I'm not sure about (have to see other pics though before final judgement).

Nice to know someone here was also 'on the bus' - those were certainly some psychedelic times!

I have to agree about the windshield, and I also think the front bumper might be too prominent, but as you say - more pics before final judgement (which won't stop me from getting it though - too many memories).

The figures look nice too, I think I see a guy with a guitar and another with a saxophone (?)

No Trombone? :cry_sad:

I also like both sets. The Winter set looks great; it makes me want to buy all three just to have the complete collection.

The VW Van is a definate buy for me. It looks great, I like the colors, and I think it may be at a very affordable price. Perhaps $119.99? Fingers Crossed! :cry_happy: