GRogall

More exclusive set info

What What What!?! VW Van!!?!

I really want to see this set, I hope it will be to scale with the Beetle set. I'm also wondering when it will be released, Summer wave or late 2011?

...Now if only they would make a Passat model. :hmpf_bad:

Set 10222 Will be a Winter Village Post Office!

Somehow I knew we where getting a Post Office this year!? *oh2*:hmpf::wacko:

Interesting...

How did you find this out? I hope it's good, and has a good male:female minifigure ratio, and has a lots of nice parts. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Thanks for that info Grogall,

I hope the design of it is better than the bakery.

Right, the Pet Shop is already on display, let's hear it for the next Exclusive! I'm curious if Lego can keep this one also so very tight and secret...

A VW Van would look nice next to the Beetle. :-)

Edited by astra

I bought the Beetle last Christmas - great set. Looking forward to what color the van will be. Maybe a light green?! 5075.jpg

I noticed that on the S@H page for the Birthaday Planner Kit that it says it features "exclusive birthday themed minifigures". Does anyone know what these minifigures are? And do they have any new parts?

I noticed that on the S@H page for the Birthaday Planner Kit that it says it features "exclusive birthday themed minifigures". Does anyone know what these minifigures are? And do they have any new parts?

Can't remember exactly, but I think it's Max with a white torso with a piece of birthday cake on it. Red sleeves and pants. Just nit certain on if it's Max, or a different head/hair combo.

Can't remember exactly, but I think it's Max with a white torso with a piece of birthday cake on it. Red sleeves and pants. Just nit certain on if it's Max, or a different head/hair combo.

It's this guy. Different face from the Max minifigure, but so far this guy's the only other fig to have that hair piece in Reddish Brown.

It's this guy. Different face from the Max minifigure, but so far this guy's the only other fig to have that hair piece in Reddish Brown.

Aw well, I was close. I just wasn't sure if it was Max or not. I kinda like him.

Is there a new version of the birthday set, or is it the same one that's been around for a while?

I'm not too sure what were getting out of this....but, I was at TRU today and a tock shelves was a Lego rep. We got to talking, one thing that saddened me was he was unaware of Hillside House. That may or may not mean were getting it, who's to say. Another thing he mentioned was a upcoming(August) is a coffee house. Interested, I asked what line? Creator? He says, no, the one with the grocer. I'm thinking...hmm, another Modular so soon? So I say, Green Grocer? The same as Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, those ones? He said yes, although it wasn't a set in stone kind of yes. Rather a I'm 99% sure kind of yes. Here's to hoping we get a coffee shop, regardless of what theme it is.

Right a coffee house in August, how come this pops up now ? Usually it's one modular per year, I not sure if the information 'Legocrazy81' is 100% or is it one of those surprise here's something out of left field sets ? Lego has done a UCS Star Wars AT-ST like that once I was told by a retailer so anything is possible.....I wonder if 'Grogall' knows anything ! :wink:

Right a coffee house in August, how come this pops up now ? Usually it's one modular per year, I not sure if the information 'Legocrazy81' is 100% or is it one of those surprise here's something out of left field sets ? Lego has done a UCS Star Wars AT-ST like that once I was told by a retailer so anything is possible.....I wonder if 'Grogall' knows anything ! :wink:

Yeah...I'm not too sure about it being a Modular, cause of 2 things. The first and moat obvious is the one a year deal. Second, he didn't seem too sure about what theme it was. So, who's to say what, or if were getting.

Okay, cat-amoungest-the-birds now.....the proposed new girl minifig theme for 2012....might be connected with that. But we still need more information to know which direction Lego is taking this so-called coffee shop.

A coffee shop sounds good. I hope it's not a modular, though. As much as I love them, they're too expensive. I hope that if it is going to be released, it's got nice civilian minifigs and lots of good accessories.

A coffee shop eh? sounds interesting.

The only thing is that we have already had a coffee shop/Café in the Café corner. But then again it might be true as the café in that was really bad as it had no interior so this might be lego's attempt to try and remake it in a better way.

Oh well I guess only time will tell/

Yeah...I'm not too sure about it being a Modular, cause of 2 things. The first and moat obvious is the one a year deal. Second, he didn't seem too sure about what theme it was. So, who's to say what, or if were getting.

I think it could be possible that they would release a second modular in a year for two reasons. The popularity of the line, I don't have any official figures, but my general feeling is that these modulars are quite popular. Secondly, if they were to release half size modulars on 16x32 baseplates, like the two halves of the new pet shop buildings they would be cheaper and wouldn't take as long to develop, therefore being able to be released earlier than the once a year timescale we have at the moment.

A coffee shop eh? sounds interesting.

The only thing is that we have already had a coffee shop/Café in the Café corner. But then again it might be true as the café in that was really bad as it had no interior so this might be lego's attempt to try and remake it in a better way.

Oh well I guess only time will tell/

Cafe Corner wasn't 'bad' but I see your point about already having something similar to a coffee shop. I don't think Lego would remake Cafe Corner, although it would be nice if they re-released it with an interior, because so many people missed out on buying it (including me).

First, That Lego would release a Café Corner are Café modular building 4 years after Café Corner is highly unlikely!

Second: Since it take a lot of time to plan and create these sets, about a year, I'm sure we will not see a second Modular Building this year!

Third: I opened this topic for sets that I know are coming, and not for rumors or speculation!

Out of interest, is it possible that it will be a licensed coffee shop - perhaps Starbucks? Similar to the little TRU toy shop in #7848?

Out of interest, is it possible that it will be a licensed coffee shop - perhaps Starbucks? Similar to the little TRU toy shop in #7848?

That's an interesting idea. I wonder if it will be? I hope it's not, though, as that will most likely make the price higher.

Starbucks, please....they went bust in my home state and sadly their coffee is not the best according to my wife who loves her coffee ! :wink:

I still feel this could be a starter set if still true of course.....for the upcomming girl theme....I hope it has unisex appeal.

Keep on waiting ! :wink:

I hope it has unisex appeal.

It should. Almost 9/10 of all lego is directed towards boys, so who's saying that they would want a theme directed exclusively towards girls? It wouldn't sell as well, so I also do hope it has a unisex appeal.

It should. Almost 9/10 of all lego is directed towards boys, so who's saying that they would want a theme directed exclusively towards girls? It wouldn't sell as well, so I also do hope it has a unisex appeal.

The problem with that is that argument is that it doesn't work in the toy business. Frankly, girls in the general System age range just aren't interested enough in the same sets as boys in that same age range. Otherwise, girls would have no problems buying City sets, which are about as unisex as you can get (despite having a lot of vehicles, something boys are more attracted to than girls for some reason). And the Paradisa theme would have been an incredible success-- after all, it was pretty unisex, and if TLG just ignores the influence of stereotypes then horses and the color pink should sell just fine to a male audience.

Duplo sets are fairly unisex, as has been mentioned by TLG as getting about the same attention from boys and girls. But after that age range, girls and boys begin trying actively to differentiate themselves from one another. TLG has a hard enough time competing with other toy companies as it is-- if they were to just hope for girls and boys to buy the same things, then they'd basically be setting themselves up against peer pressure and every other cultural influence that feeds this arbitrary differentiation of gendered play. That's not a healthy competitive situation.

And as I mentioned about City sets, the current range of LEGO products tends to include things like vehicles and conflict role-play that for whatever reason boys tend to flock towards and girls tend to ignore. Yes, it's true that girls and boys should be able to enjoy the same things, but as it is they don't, and I think it's wise of TLG to try balancing out their offerings to appeal to girls of diverse interests rather than just telling the girls who want to play with toys considered "girly" that they are the product of a hypocritical society, that their interests are stereotypical and demeaning, and that they should outright reject their friends who think Barbie dolls and Littlest Pet Shop are the coolest things on store shelves.

Or, they could try to get girls and boys to play together and have a mutual respect during the "cooties" stage. In that case, my only suggestion to them would be that they might have better luck with their plans to use their toy-company influence to end world hunger, childhood obesity, and natural disasters, all while turning a significant profit from the endeavor.

On a side note, when I was in elementary school, one of the biggest recess activities was for all the boys to chase after all the girls and the girls to run frantically. I thought it was a stupid, biased activity, and when I did participate I would try to team up with the girls (don't draw any sexual conclusions, please). Was I popular with both genders? Well, they did treat me fairly equally... as a social outcast and a weirdo. You're basically saying TLG should likewise try to fight against this alarming gender divide in preteens, so naturally I'm a bit cynical about this approach. I mean no insult towards girls, towards women, or towards those like yourself who honestly want to work towards gender equality in society, but I merely lack confidence in the strategy you feel TLG should take.