AchillesPDX

8804 LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Cheat Sheet

Hi there, I just wanted to start a new topic for this so it doesn't get buried in the other Minifig topics. I've just uploaded v0.1 v0.3 of my USA Series 4 Cheat Sheet here: Flickr. I'm missing the Hazmat Guy and the Lawn Gnome, but I hope to find them tonight and update the sheet. Let me know if you have any different packages, or changes.

Edited by AchillesPDX

Wow, I haven't even seen these anywhere yet.

I can't wait, thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for this. It is so much better than 'squeezing the Charmin'.

- Michael

I start with the dots and the squeeze the charmin to double-check. I've had a couple that wound up being the same figure with different dot patterns before I started the squeeze test.

Thanks! Now I get to spend time at random stores looking like a dingus playing touchy feely with the lego's again :D I have not seen series 4 at retail yet (I'm in CT, USA) but I ordered 20 packs from TrU.com today. They have free shipping if you spend over $100

Cheers!

Any news about the European version?

Like the last 3 series I don't think the codes will be the same, will they?

The code worked with me at series 2 and 3, so I don't think there'll be any differences. :sceptic:

Thanks for this AchillesPDX and MaskedBuilder! :classic: Now i'm all set for when we finally get series 4 in about 6 weeks or so.

There were multiple codes but i don't think they had anything to do with geographic location.

Thanks for the cheat sheet, but I'm sticking with the tried and true feel method. Sometimes I can't even make out the dots on the package.

Hi there, I just wanted to start a new topic for this so it doesn't get buried in the other Minifig topics. I've just uploaded v0.1 of my USA Series 4 Cheat Sheet here: Flickr. I'm missing the Hazmat Guy and the Lawn Gnome, but I hope to find them tonight and update the sheet. Let me know if you have any different packages, or changes.

Hope you don't mind Achilles but I borrowed your sheet and made a couple of changes to match the codes on the packs I bought today in England. Most seemed to be the same but I had an extra dot on the Viking, Hazmat Guy, & Soccer Player. My packs also have the code 452B0 not 402B1 like yours had.

My Cheat Sheet

D

Edited by Dazmundo

Hope you don't mind Achilles but I borrowed your sheet and made a couple of changes to match the codes on the packs I bought today in England. Most seemed to be the same but I had an extra dot on the Viking, Hazmat Guy, & Soccer Player. My packs also have the code 452B0 not 402B1 like yours had.

My Cheat Sheet

D

I just thought I would mention that I got a set of minifigures (in Scotland, serial 451B0) and while most of the codes are correct there are a few notable differences. Street Skater, Sailor, Werewolf and Crazy Scientist are quite different, and there are a few other minor differences that may be due to faint embossing. I didn't notice different codes for the same minifigs within the same box, but I only bought a few spares. If there is interest I can draw up a chart for this particular batch, but the easiest way to get what you want is still to feel the bags!

but the easiest way to get what you want is still to feel the bags!

I totally agree, I worked out what was in the bags by touch and then looked at the dot codes after I had opened the packs.

D

and

... while most of the codes are correct there are a few notable differences. Street Skater, Sailor, Werewolf and Crazy Scientist are quite different, and there are a few other minor differences that may be due to faint embossing. ...

Which is why:

Thanks for the cheat sheet, but I'm sticking with the tried and true feel method. Sometimes I can't even make out the dots on the package.

I agree with UsernameMDM... I'm almost 100% with feeling, and the only time I messed up I was being rushed.... and no, the packs don't like they've been through the wash when I'm done.

Where in Scotland did you get them?

Tesco Home at Fort Kinnaird. Today they had about 4 or 5 boxes, all but one still sealed.

I totally agree, I worked out what was in the bags by touch and then looked at the dot codes after I had opened the packs.

D

Same here, most difficult to spot by touch I found was the Frankenstein Monster, since it has no accessories.

I agree with UsernameMDM... I'm almost 100% with feeling, and the only time I messed up I was being rushed.... and no, the packs don't like they've been through the wash when I'm done.

Yup, feeling works best, but I'm always afraid of scratching the parts or the prints in the process. :cry_sad: Hasn't happened this far though.

Cool, hopefully my local one will get them soon if they don't already. Still contemplating getting a whole box when cash allows

I thought I had loads of ice skaters in my box, based on feeling, but the bump codes suggested I had some werewolfs. I opened one of the suspect packs and it was a werewolf, and I have since confirmed the other codes are right too. This was for a box bought in U.K.

Thanks for sharing this.

I've been away for a bit (busy with work). Just now read that Toys R Us has series 4. Sure enough the local TrU does.

But the local LEGO store won't have them until 4/16. WTF? How does Toys R Us keep getting these a month (or more) early?

I've been away for a bit (busy with work). Just now read that Toys R Us has series 4. Sure enough the local TrU does.

But the local LEGO store won't have them until 4/16. WTF? How does Toys R Us keep getting these a month (or more) early?

I think your Lego Store distribution has a problem. You should talk to the manager and then talk to his or her regional manager and bring up the issue.

I got some Series 4 figures from my local Lego Store day before yesterday and I just went back to exchange an unopened surfer girl and soccer player. I dont care for those and I dont want to collect them all.

I went back and they had dumped the card board display box contents into a large ikea furniture like bin. I estimate at least two boxes of minifigs were in there. I quickly looked for any bulging packages for the hazmat suit. I found two of them after 3 tries. Really easy to spot. Didnt even bother with the dots. It takes longer than to just look for the thickest pack and then feel for the hazmat suit. The other one that looks thick is the japanese geisha.

I bought 4 minifigures today here in Belgium: Kimono Girl, Monster, Scientist and Werewolf.

They had '550B0' code imprinted on them and the following dot patterns, as best as I can see (some dots are hard to see)

post-611-130193806201.gif

Gotta say, these 'bumps' have been the hardest to read yet. It's just plain ol' quicker to feel 'em up-- and it's no accident by TLG that the easiest to feel are possibly the least wanted: the skateboarder, the geisha, the gnome and the surfboarder.