Is it this piece perhaps?

Close, I had to hack my LDD to get the right one.

Hmm, so the two buildings are totally different. The alleged lack of sand blue is disappoint.

They are two independent buildings, I actually love this. My #1 want for the next modular was to have a building that was not 32x32. I too would have liked to have more sand blue. Maybe the back has more, I did not recall. But, I would not be surprised if the back had more of the same as the front.

Edited by Follows Closely

A sheepdog.....a border collie ?

Oh, I hope this is true.....I'll get it just for the dog !

(I have a 4 year old border named Bella :wub: )

A painter....a house painter.....fingers crossed - a paint brush (only need a woodsaw and we can have a carpenter as well)

It can't be long now....fingers crossed and toes too ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

Yes, I REALLY want a border collie as well...so I don't have to paint a dog to make my 3-year old Border collie/Australian SHepherd Kirby. Go pet shop!!

-Santhor the Excited

Yes, I REALLY want a border collie as well...so I don't have to paint a dog to make my 3-year old Border collie/Australian SHepherd Kirby. Go pet shop!!

-Santhor the Excited

As I said before. I'm Dutch so the translation is a bit easier for me and the shop is talking about a 'herdershond'. In The Netherlands 'german shepherd' are normally called like this. A border collie is a kind of shepherd as well but it looks like the dog will be a normal 'german shepherd' like almost any other dog in Lego.

Edited by mcbbvb

As I said before. I'm Dutch so the translation is a bit easier for me and the shop is talking about a 'herdershond'. In The Netherlands 'german shepherd' are normally called like this. A border collie is a kind of shepherd as well but it looks like the dog will be a normal 'german shepherd' like almost any other dog in Lego.

...More specifically, like the dogs in this year's Police sets, I imagine. It's still not totally clear if the older, more angular dog/wolf is being replaced entirely or whether the german shepherd is just an alternate breed of LEGO dog, but I'd put money on that the pet shop would use the german shepherd, especially since that's the more refined-looking dog piece out currently.

What I wonder is, with other LEGO themes seeming to start to switch to regular plates rather than baseplates, will the modular series be doing the same thing? Honestly, I would kind of prefer regular plates, as it would aid in making more realistic street scenes. On the other hand, modular buildings with plates wouldn't be compatible with the older ones, and would therefore no longer be modular.

What I wonder is, with other LEGO themes seeming to start to switch to regular plates rather than baseplates, will the modular series be doing the same thing? Honestly, I would kind of prefer regular plates, as it would aid in making more realistic street scenes. On the other hand, modular buildings with plates wouldn't be compatible with the older ones, and would therefore no longer be modular.

Since the modular buildings also use the classic minifigure head with no eyebrows or "sparkle" in the eyes, it seems to me that LEGO's not totally worried about maintaining consistency between the modular buildings and the most up-to-date and modern set designs. I'm sure they'd be willing to continue using baseplates in the modular buildings even if they transitioned out of them in Creator and other themes.

And yet, if you want the older ones to be compatible

with newer ones if they're build on regular plates,

the more easy to transfer the older ones to regular

plates as well. :wink:

Edited by Jasper Joppe Geers

In January 2011 I looked at the Lego site and saw an awesome building named Grand Emporium, after about 15 years of no Lego buying, I wanted to buy Lego again. Received my GE in early February and I loved it. Right after that I orderded FB and build it. Tomorrow I will receive the GG (I had to put down a serious amount of money to get it :tongue: ).

But to get to my ontopic point: Can't wait until the new set! A Pet store with house sounds great to me.

In the past, has Lego made annoucements for exclusive sets on strategic days? I'm wondering, for instance, if its usually done on a Friday, the first of the month, over the weekend, etc.

Also, how come certain stores are already receiving early editions of 10218 (like the one that was peeked at a few weeks ago)? Is this for them to assemble for store display or is there another purpose?

In the past, has Lego made annoucements for exclusive sets on strategic days? I'm wondering, for instance, if its usually done on a Friday, the first of the month, over the weekend, etc.

Also, how come certain stores are already receiving early editions of 10218 (like the one that was peeked at a few weeks ago)? Is this for them to assemble for store display or is there another purpose?

If I remember correctly, it was not that any store actually received a copy of the set, but that they had a catalogue or advance info sheet with pictures of the set.

If I remember correctly, it was not that any store actually received a copy of the set, but that they had a catalogue or advance info sheet with pictures of the set.

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood

So how's the MOC coming along, Follows Closely? If you've decided not to build it, it's completely understandable. Building an entire modular just from memory is a pretty tough job.

So how's the MOC coming along, Follows Closely? If you've decided not to build it, it's completely understandable. Building an entire modular just from memory is a pretty tough job.

I started it, but I lack the correct colors for a LOT of pieces, and I have 500K+ blocks. My model did not do it justice, so I am holding back as no to give it bad publicity. I am shocked that pictures have not yet leaked. TLG employees are doing a good job keeping this under wraps. Sorry to let you down guys, but the wait will soon* come to an end.

I started it, but I lack the correct colors for a LOT of pieces, and I have 500K+ blocks. My model did not do it justice, so I am holding back as no to give it bad publicity. I am shocked that pictures have not yet leaked. TLG employees are doing a good job keeping this under wraps. Sorry to let you down guys, but the wait will soon* come to an end.

No problem. As I explained before, that was a pretty difficult task, so I wasn't expecting too much. The information you've provided us with is good enough :thumbup: .

To be honest, i would love to see your creation,

even if it isn't a salute towards the new set.

The purpose of EB (if i'm correct) is just

to show everyone what you have created isn't it?

Let it be an original FC moc! :wink:

To be honest, i would love to see your creation,

even if it isn't a salute towards the new set.

The purpose of EB (if i'm correct) is just

to show everyone what you have created isn't it?

Let it be an original FC moc! :wink:

This is where I left off. It is based on the 10218, but it is not meant to be an exact replica. Once I finish it i will post more pics.

P1060892 (Small).JPG

That's a great MOC, Follows Closely! You should post it in it's own topic when you're done.

Just out of interest, how close would you say that your MOC is to the official model?

It looks like it's going to fit in perfectly with the Green Grocer and the Corner Cafe... and while I enjoy my Grand Emporium and my Fire Station, I much prefer this style of architecture.

...Just out of interest, how close would you say that your MOC is to the official model?

The official model is similar. I had a look at it a few weeks before I started this, so I can not be sure how close it is. I would say a 65% match, how is that for a number. Known differences are:

• Actual model has pet sign on the left.
  • Actual model is a bit larger, probably a block or two per floor.
  • Actual model has more rare colors, that I do not have enough of to replicate.
  • The first floor window on my model is totally wrong, I can't recall that area.
  • The roof line, specifically the dormers are very close to the official model.

Also here is a pick of the second building that I started. I actually started this one first, and stalled as I found building the Pet shop more interesting.

P1060893%20%28Small%29.JPG

Well done FC!

But... it might be a good idea to switch from this topic.

Although this is about the Pet shop, Last couple of posts

are about your moc. Not sure how everyone takes this...

I'll be Following you Closely anyway!!

Cheers!

JJ.