Well, thanks 'TYB' for the instructions for the toilet.....problem for MOC-builders - NO white saucepans....I know Humbrol it ! :laugh:

Now the next one can be anything, now be honest none of us saw a pet shop comming....but a hardware store and a butchers shop side-by-side sounds good to me. Maybe Lego should ask us AFOL's eh ? :wink:

Why not a liquor store! :tongue:

After all there are mugs and glasses in all the sets before. :wink:

But pleeeaaase, what a simple and let me say "ugly" PETS sign... Sure I am influenced by all the great MOCs we see around... but particulars don't have the "power" and resources that TLG has and yet, they do better:

Whilst it has cleaner lines, I think that sign looks far too big and extravagent for a small pet shop. I doubt you find many small stores with such excessive signage in the real world.

Why not a liquor store! :tongue:

After all there are mugs and glasses in all the sets before. :wink:

As amusing as that would be, I don't think that's the image a toy company wants to set for themselves. :)

As amusing as that would be, I don't think that's the image a toy company wants to set for themselves. :)

I don't see a problem with that at all, why ? Just look at oh, lets say London Escape in POTC has a pub in it with barrels of booze and wine/rum bottles.....plus all the castle sets involving wine/beer barrels and all the taverns ever brought out as sets.

And you have to give the police something to do eh ? :laugh:

I think it's a tad early to be asking when the supposed next Modular is due to come out. Seeing as this isn't out yet, even though it's next week. They don't release Modulars very often, so I'd window the next release is Q4 or early '12.

I think it would be a good idea for them to release two 16x32 buildings one year (each with prices slightly higher than half a normal one) rather than the one, standard, 32x32. They say variety is the spice of life!

It's Sand Blue, not Maersk Blue. If I'm correct, LEGO isn't actually allowed to use Maersk Blue in non-licensed sets since the color is trademarked by Maersk.

Also, there is a fireplace, according to the lower-left image here. Perhaps it's just not added until the house is furnished?

You are correct on that, I was getting my colors confused. So many blues. Here's a pic comparing the sand blue on the Pet Shop to the light/medium blue on the top of the Market Street house.

CIMG4479.jpg

Yes, the Pet Shop has the fireplace on the second level, and a chimney. The townhouse has only a chimney. Not a big deal really, as I can always remove the chimney or put in a fireplace. :classic:

Here's a pic of the front of the Pet Shop. To me, it looks very much like the Green Grocer bottom level.

CIMG4485.jpg

Eventhough I will definitely buy this set, I must admit that I am a bit disappointed... I love some of the interiors, there are certainly a lot of new and special building techniques, some feature are really nice (i.e. trap door to basement)....

But pleeeaaase, what a simple and let me say "ugly" PETS sign... Sure I am influenced by all the great MOCs we see around... but particulars don't have the "power" and resources that TLG has and yet, they do better:...

But my most criticism goes to the overall look/design.... Just take the following Colonial House it looks much better than the residential house from this set...

OK I am a bit nasty here but oh well after all the great modular buildings produced up to here I couldn't imagine being disappointed at that point a day...

I think that, as has been mentioned before, most downtown pet stores wouldn't have massive signs, just simple painted ones. As far as the house you linked to . . . it's a totally different architectural style.

...Here's a pic of the front of the Pet Shop. To me, it looks very much like the Green Grocer bottom level.

CIMG4485.jpg

Wow, never noticed how much the pet shop ground floor looks like the GG ground floor!!! You could almost call that sloppy design, in terms of not keeping building techniques in the modular buildings as a unique exercise for each set. I am sure it will look great built next to a GG building, but, it could also stand out as looking very similar too.

Overall I am liking the new set, but what cesium_salami has highlighted is interesting anyway.

Just finished the whole build, and I have to say it is very satisfying. The Pet Shop half of the set has a ton of neat details. Skylight roof, loft style attic, bed, and nice detailing on the outside of the building.

It uses a lot of elements we've seen on previous sets: the first floor like GC, the roof a little like Cafe Corner, a smaller skylight like Grand Emporium.....but still a very fun set. It is a nice change from what we've seen in the past, but it is a shame these sets only pop up once a year.

A couple of finished images:

CIMG4486.jpg

CIMG4488.jpg

Edited by cesium_salami

Would be great indeed! The last dark red roofpieces went for 2 Euro's EACH!

They were even more expensive. Since I am currently building my Cafe Corner and still needed the roof tiles, I called Lego on Wednesday, when first pictures of the inventory were listed here and ordered the new dark red roof tiles, 0,46 € each. Still expensive, but better then paying 4 € per piece and not even getting close to 36 ;-)

I don't like the pet shop that much, it's too small for a modular building, but I'm gonna get it anyways...

They were even more expensive. Since I am currently building my Cafe Corner and still needed the roof tiles, I called Lego on Wednesday, when first pictures of the inventory were listed here and ordered the new dark red roof tiles, 0,46 € each. Still expensive, but better then paying 4 € per piece and not even getting close to 36 ;-)

I don't like the pet shop that much, it's too small for a modular building, but I'm gonna get it anyways...

I still need 8 of these roof slopes, what's the number to call to order them?

Some images of the second floor of the pet shop -

5692596506_8075afe409.jpg

5692043597_f0771f6c0c.jpg

It's nice to see a small kitchen area, but I don't think it beats the fire brigade kitchen with that monster fridge.

Not to smash the excitement (that I am definitely a part of) for the Pet Shop, but I can't help but wonder what the "clue", if there is one, is for this set. The girl working on her bike? The painter (actually, I think he's the clue recipient, if you will. Window Washer->House-in-Progress)?

EDIT: I just realized that LegoFan03 already mentioned this, so here's my two cents.

-Santhor

Toilet = Plumbing Supply shop *g*

Toilet = Future Sewage Works; complete with PF motorised rotating spreaders, and new moulds of fly's and mosquittos. :tongue:

I find it interesting that the new modular is at the closest end of the street on the back. I thought that LEGO wanted a corner building to always be available so that it could cap off the end.

I've been watching this thread for a while awaiting for the next modular building...It is nice to see a new release.

I can appreciate the build, but it is something I will most likely pass on for now.

To compensate I did go ahead and order the Fire Station, my excuse is to have these for our Christmas display :)

I just wish that the Green Grocer and Cafe Corner were still available, I missed the boat on buying these models...

I made sure to buy the Grand Emporium last Christmas...