Another slight nuance on the translation from dutch: the dutch says "herenhuis", literally "gentlemanhouse", which is more of a fancy city house, mansion, stately home, than "just" a house... wonder what that will look like

Grograll, thanks for sharing this new info with us. I am sure we are all looking forward to pictures for this incredible upcoming modular building. Can't wait to find out the details. Now, given the little titbits, it sure made us felt more exciter than before. :wub:

If the painter idea is correct, then it might be likely

that this particular building part has some inside works

as well.. I'm thinking scaffolding, carpenters, plasters...

Sorry for getting excited here! :laugh:

If there is a painter, then hopefully the building will be two tone / colour? That would be a nice change...

If it will be two separate buildings with two different heights, I can't imagine the pet shop being the lowest one. After all, the set is (probably) called Pet Shop, in my opinion that means that this will be the major part of the set. Oh well. Just sit and wait...

What about a billboard advertising the pet shop on a wall of the house ?

It would also be nice to get some building trades in Lego sets for a change instead of working on the roads ! :wink:

We must be getting a paint brush at last (no, not the artist one in the collectables series) but one that will sit in the new bucket ! :grin:

Keep on waiting.....but it's getting unbearable though ! :laugh:

I had the privilege of a quick look at this set today. It is two buildings, a townhouse on the left and a Pet Shop on the right. The buildings are built on two 16x32 plates so that they can be stand alone buildings. This modular may be the best one yet, only GG is close in my mind.

Some details:

• Townhouse has a clever built white bay window.
  • There is a painter painting the trim of the townhouse.
  • The Pet Shop has a clean SNOT sign that reads PETS.

Edited by Follows Closely

I had the privilege of a quick look at this set today. It is two buildings, a townhouse on the left and a Pet Shop on the right. The buildings are build on two 16x32 plates so that they can be stand alone buildings. This modular may be the best one yet, only GG is close in my mind.

Some details:

• Townhouse has a clever built white bay window.
  • There is a painter painting the trim of the townhouse.
  • The Pet Shop has a clean SNOT sign that reads PETS.

Interesting...

Definitely looking forward, I am wondering how designers grapple with the idea of two separate buildings instead of one but with same price.And if we will ever be able to talk about the continuation of a series of modular homes :sceptic: .

To Follows closely-How many floors and how many animals has petshop?Please :sweet:

Well then, tell us a bit more about colors etc. Please?

The bay window on the townhouse takes up 1/2 of the front, and that is white. Other than that, the buildings are very detailed and no single color stands out. The sides are all bley. The pet shop has the sand blue on the second floor, but unfortunate very few pieces.

The buildings are very much in the same style and look as the CC and GG. They are the same height as the CC, and the roof line is very similar. Both buildings are 3 stories like CC, where the attic is the third floor. It will be priced the same as the other modular buildings. The piece count is actually less than the GG.

I was on business in NY, and could not stay at the store long so I will not be able to recall as much as I would like.

To Follows closely-How many floors and how many animals has petshop?Please :sweet:

I recall a fish tank, cat, dog and a snake. I did not notice any new molds for the animals. However, there was a new mold for the paint roller.

EDIT: I don't think a new mold was used, see below...

The bay window on the townhouse takes up 1/2 of the front, and that is white. Other than that, the buildings are very detailed and no single color stands out. The sides are all bley. The pet shop has the sand blue on the second floor, but unfortunate very few pieces.

The buildings are very much in the same style and look as the CC and GG. They are the same height as the CC, and the roof line is very similar. Both buildings are 3 stories like CC, where the attic is the third floor. It will be priced the same as the other modular buildings. The piece count is actually less than the GG.

I was on business in NY, and could not stay at the store long so I will not be able to recall as much as I would like.

I recall a fish tank, cat, dog and a snake. I did not notice any new molds for the animals. However, there was a new mold for the paint roller.

What store did you see the building in?

Not to sabotage the Modular thread. But the new Paintroller mold makes me think of a new Construcor rollup.

Looking forward to new Modular and hope for new constructor series with more than road workers too :)

Thank you for the new details Follows Closely definately made my day. :thumbup:

At the store where you saw the buildings were you able to find out the release date for the set?

Can't wait to see preview pics.

That sounds really good. I like the idea of two smaller modulars. Makes it possible make more combinations and also looks more realistic.

Can't wait to see the pictures though, but from what is said here it sure sounds great.

were you able to find out the release date for the set?

The store manager mentioned June 1st with a price of $149.99, and 2032 pieces.

However, there was a new mold for the paint roller.

So far there hasn't been a new mold in any of the other modular sets, only parts in new colors. What there has been in all of the modulars is clever existing part usage. So, my guess is that it either is a combination of existing parts or perhaps it's a new mold but not exclusively made for this modular.

The store manager mentioned June 1st with a price of $149.99.

If this is true it's great news.

"Follows Closely", now please tell us that you secretly took a photo or two ;)

Thanks Follows Closely for this new information! May I ask what the fishtank looked like? And what the interiors of both buildings were like? I'm surprised about getting a new mould, I don't think we've got any in the other modulars.

Just out of curiosity, did you see the set in an image or for real? And would it be possible to go back and get some pictures? I know you said you're there for business, so I'd understand if you couldn't.

Thanks again for the info!

Thanks Follows Closely for this new information! May I ask what the fishtank looked like? And what the interiors of both buildings were like? I'm surprised about getting a new mould, I don't think we've got any in the other modulars.

Just out of curiosity, did you see the set in an image or for real? And would it be possible to go back and get some pictures? I know you said you're there for business, so I'd understand if you couldn't.

Thanks again for the info!

The brush may not be a new mould, but I could not recognize the white roller on the end of the stick. I was given a sneak peek, no pictures. I did not get a good look at the interior, but I recall the tank having this as the hood, and this piece as the tank body. There was one fish suspended inside.

The brush may not be a new mould, but I could not recognize the white roller on the end of the stick. I was given a sneak peek, no pictures. I did not get a good look at the interior, but I recall the tank having this as the hood, and this piece as the tank body. There was one fish suspended inside.

Thanks for the extra news. The fishtank sounds like it'll look good, but I don't understand how the fish will stay up.

One question from me if you don't mind. :) You said both buildings are on their own 16x32 baseplate. Do they go together as 32x32 (Two 16 wide buildings), or 16x64 (Two normal length buildings but narrower)?