Sign in to follow this  
Sire Pirol

Brickfilm The Battle of Grunwald

Hello Everyone! I have released my lego brickfilm which was done for the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald Unfortunately I did not have time to edit it for August 15, 2010 as well as my computer broke down once and destroyed all my work. The Battle of Grunwald was the largest medieval battle fought between the Teutonic Order and the Polish Army. The two large armies fought with each other on August 15th 1410 what would be know as the Battle of Grunwald. For the 600th Anniversary of the battle, a lego reenactment of the battle was done by me.

Some people might not be familiar with Grunwald. Grunwald should be more widely known for it was the largest battle in the middle ages. About 70,000 knights participated in this battle. The battle was between the Teutonic Order vs. Poland with Lithuania. The Teutonic knights also invited knights from all of Europe. This was the time when the Teutonic Knights wanted to "Christianize" the pagan Lithuanians. The Teutonic knights also claimed some Polish Lands as theirs. Lithuanians received Christianity from Poland, therefore the knights had no pretext to keep on attacking Lithuania. The Teutonic Knights declared war on Poland and Lithuania. After some hard battles, Poland gathered a massive army along with Lithuania, and that army was to take the Teutonic capital of Marienburg. The Teutonic Knights were not aware of this army until a Hungarian envoy saw the army and told the Order on a diplomatic meeting. At once, the Grand Master of the Order, Ulrich von Jungingen, took a massive army of Teutonic Knights, went out to find a defensive and strategic point to fight off the Polish Army. After a campaign the two armies finally met near a village called Grunwald. There, the largest battle in medieval era, had taken place. The Battle was about 10 hours long, and it resulted in a decisive Polish victory. The Order was totally crushed and it never came because to it's former glory.

Comments here or on the video are very welcome and recommended.

Edited by Sire Pirol