Sign in to follow this  
Counter656

Lego Pirate V.S Hero Factory video

Hello everyone, recently I got a new set of Lego pirate ship, and I made them

moving with stop motion technic, just wish to share this with you guys, and sorry if

I post it in the wrong site, if there are any problems about this, please let me know,

I will delete this topic immediately.

And thanks for watching, hope you guys like the video.

The waves was actually made with cling wrap changing its position 15 frame per second.

The effects were mostly using LED light plus some photo modification.

The jump of the character is just also a modification using Paintshop or photoshop.

The sea and sky is just large blue color paper.

about the visual effects...is a great film. I admire that people who can make films using real lego toys.

About the story...to be sincere, I find is a really silly story. I don't understand why 2 imperial guards are working with pirates...the idea of a huge robot fighting against pirates is a bit silly. And about the guy with the katana, forgive me for my ignorance, but who is it? I think he may be a star wars character, a video game character or something like that.

For some reason I like it. The effects are really great and It is something new. Not the old pirate story you hear all day.

Forget about how silly the story is, or isn't :pir_laugh2:

- the quality of the video is excellent! Excellent, I tell you :pir-classic:

There are many places throughout this movie where the figures' movements are done superbly - for instance take a look at one of the soldiers after he's been thrown backwards ( approx. 1:08 -> ) His "flight" through the air is magnificent.

I applaud you for making such a high quality LEGO video, although I think that the overall smoothness of the video could have been even better. But I have not tried this, so I my guess is, that it is extremely difficult to smoothen the movements up.

I'd definitely like to see more videos from you - perhaps some that have a more classic piraty tale :pir-blush:

But as I said in the beginning, the story is not the most important part of this video, IMO... It is the quality of it - great job

Edited by Lorentzen

You did a great job here. I made a brickfilm myself one day and it took a lot of time. Still yours is a lot better.

The story is indeed a bit strange and only half of it contains pirates, but it didn't bore me.

The picture quality is excellent and so are the special effects.

My only small tip for other movies is to make them move a bit slower. Especially in the beginning of your movie they walked unnaturaly fast.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

AWESOME fusion movie, pirates with hero faxtory plus PoP....very clever and one of the finest Lego films I've seen in a long while !

Excellent film making there 'Counter656' and Brick On ! :pir-grin:

VERY cool! The water effect worked very well. And telling a story without dialogue is always difficult--well done. Keep making these! :pir-classic:

Outstanding piece of stop-motion video! I truly enjoyed every bit of it and it simply leave my jaws wide open when I see all of the unexpected stunning actions. It felt as if I was watching an epic LEGO movie. :thumbup:

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I am looking forward to see more of your videos. :pir-wink:

What a piece of art! :pir-wub: Loved every second from the start to the end, and the effects were unbelivible. I have always wondered at how you get the minifigs "Fly" like that. This is a great film, we want the second part of this for sure :pir-classic:

My only small tip for other movies is to make them move a bit slower. Especially in the beginning of your movie they walked unnaturaly fast.

I belive at it was supposed to be so, at you get the idea at they were running. Or at least i thinked so.

Captain Becker

Thanks a lot for all the kind messages and also thanks a lot for the comments,

just wish you guys enjoyed my video, and I will try to improve

for the next videos, will love to share again with you guys when they are done.

The special effects and overall non-stop action are truly amazing. In all honesty, I think that with such a quality one may even sell a full-length movie quite well.

Fair play, the stop-motion was amazing and so smooth! The picture quality was also fantastic - something which currently suffers in my own videos (see sig) due to currently using SAM animation which converts them into avi-files and loses quality + the program also has alot of bugs. I like to think that my voiceacting-attempt-at-comedy makes up for the lack of quality - although others may not agree :pir-tongue:

Seeing this has convinced me to download the program i see you used and give that a try!

Fantastic work, and cant wait to see more! :thumbup:

Edited by Duck

I liked this, very enjoyable. The redcoat attacking the monster robot was good. What do you need to make these films, as i'd really like to give one a go. Great vid, thankx for sharing.

about the guy with the katana, forgive me for my ignorance, but who is it? I think he may be a star wars character, a video game character or something like that.

Eh...could someone tell me about my question? :pir-look:

It's Prince of Persia's protagonist, whatever he is called.

This video is truly amazing, the animation and the effects realy make it look well.

What did you do with "explode"'s arms? I think those pieces have been customized.

Very cool. I really enjoy this one.

It's Prince of Persia's protagonist, whatever he is called.

Prince Dastan, correct (and Captain Roger is right about him being a video game character, though of course he's also a movie character now).

i used to make stop motion vids with my lego and i have to say the quality of your video is superb i like the story its fun, integrates a number of themes and is exciting, great job :)

Excellent stop motion movie. The story was told very nicely. It brought a smile to my face. It also reminds of the always important lesson to beware cursed treasure. Also, and you all know this to be true, the Redcoats are going to win and leave with the treasure!