puddleglum

MOC: 1/2 scale Green Grocer and Fire Brigade

Hi all, I haven't posted here at EB in a while but I have been working on something I thought the townies would appreciate. It all started with Marcos Bessa's lovely Little Cafe Corner, which is a 1/2 scale version of 10182 Cafe Corner.

5075756383_63060b3cf4_m.jpg

It inspired me to try the same with Fire Brigade. I enjoyed it so much that I have now done Green Grocer and Grand Emporium is nearly finished, as well as a few buildings of my own design, which will all be displayed together in a community window. Anyways, here's the Fire Brigade and Green Grocer.

5260803594_e6e5a9c027.jpg 5260804704_edeb1c60e5.jpg

5520789048_1f0cf4c0b0.jpg 5520198513_9fabfe4e7a.jpg

Lastly, here they are together with a few of my WIP buildings:

5520198945_2177ca43e3.jpg

Cheers,

Puddleglum

I saw this on flickr earlier and immediately thought that you could build an absolutely stunning city out of these. Not to mention the fact that by looking at the thumbnail, I thought they were the real thing and was actually bemused as to why you'd be uploading pics of the Green Grocer... :look:

Great job - I do hope you're planning on setting up a whole town, or at least district, of these!

I have to admit, i had the exact same thought as Metro. I saw the Green Grocer and at first glance it looked like the real one. Great Work! It looks just like the real thing! The headlight bricks really are used well here, and the stripes on the GG look perfect!

Looking forward to the Grand Emporium in this scale!

Sirius

These are amazing, incredibly detailed for their size and look just like the real thing - only smaller. I agree that this could be the start of an amazing city! I could also see this as being part as some kind of minifig-scaled theme park :)

Excellent designing 'puddleglum', both buildings are actually C & C - that is cute and cool ! :grin:

I especially like the detail you have put in the frontages - you have try to capture as much of the full scale in your midi-creations. :thumbup:

Brick On 'puddleglum' ! :grin:

Impressive! You've nailed every little bit of detail on these. They really look like shrunk versions of the originals. :sweet:

Just insanely gorgeous - well done for capturing the essence of the sets in a smaller scale - I saw the green grocer on Flick and did the same as everyone else, but now I've seen the fire station I'm insanely jealous.

Just fantastic.

Nice! Indeed you can't immediately see a difference in the thumbnails, and that means you did a great job. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! These have been a real blast to work on. Today I also decided to take another picture of Green Grocer to get a better sense of scale.

5526447379_1c3a8ca71b.jpg

Wow great shrinking :laugh:

I saw the name and thought what is the green grocer returning for or is it a person trying to find one to buy!

I would love to see more.

Wow, this is phenomenal. Building that small is a real challenge, let alone building a replica of an existing model! :thumbup: I especially love the fire station - are you going to build a fire truck for it too?

Oh wow, this is just a lovely collection of miniaturized modular buildings. :wub: You really did outstanding job downsizing these models and still retaining the overall look and details. Certainly most impressive job puddlegum! :thumbup: