BrickArtist

[MOC] Venator Command Center

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here's my rendition of the 'Venator Command Center'. Not much to say. When I get some Horn company troopers I'll make the other half so I can Repost it :grin: Obviously to make it 'Grievous Intrigue' themed. Here you go!

command_bridge-main.jpg

C&C welcome, my intentions here aren't to make it as accurate as possible though.

I don't know enough about this location to offer any real criticism on accuracy, but I think I'd like to see this MOC smoothed out, corners rounded off, with details and greebling everywhere that isn't smooth. More refined, if you will.

I'm with Doc here, I cannot offer much accuracy criticism since I'm not familiar with the actual Venator Command Center. I've seen some interiors of Venators before in the CW series and I recognize that central round command thingy, though I'm not so sure that there is a 'standard look' for us to judge the accuracy.It would greatly help if you could provide a reference image for proper comparison to your work.

I don't know enough about this location to offer any real criticism on accuracy, but I think I'd like to see this MOC smoothed out, corners rounded off, with details and greebling everywhere that isn't smooth. More refined, if you will.

I'm with Doc here, I cannot offer much accuracy criticism since I'm not familiar with the actual Venator Command Center. I've seen some interiors of Venators before in the CW series and I recognize that central round command thingy, though I'm not so sure that there is a 'standard look' for us to judge the accuracy.

Yeah, finding reference was difficult. That's why I said my intentions weren't to make it as accurate as possible. I'll try refining it some though :grin:

I seem to remember the Venator's bridge (because that's where the command center is, right?) resembling that of an Imperial-II-class Star Destroyer...

I don't know. This looks an interesting experiment in greebling and tiling more than anything else, and in that aspect I'll say it looks pretty good.

Nice MOC, but I think you should use less trans-collered 1x1 round bricks, and maybe put some printed pieces instead. And maybe you can put some tiles on top of the walls to give it a more smooth look.

Btw can the door slide open?

I seem to remember the Venator's bridge (because that's where the command center is, right?) resembling that of an Imperial-II-class Star Destroyer...

Correct.

Nice MOC, but I think you should use less trans-collered 1x1 round bricks, and maybe put some printed pieces instead. And maybe you can put some tiles on top of the walls to give it a more smooth look.

Btw can the door slide open?

Yes. Forgot to mention that, the doors do slide. I'm low on printed pieces, I want to bricklink some TIE control panels for it as well.

Hmm

I like it. By command centre do you mean the area at the rear of the bridge? If so it looks quite accurate, however the right hand side is a bit cramped, also the grebaling is a little er random. I like the holo projector though, maybe you could use the trans blue towers from the LAAT/i Bacta tank in the centre to look like a hologram :thumbup:

Yep , it's really nice . It may not be movie accurate , but I don't thing everything has to be . It's a very nice moc . Love the door and the hologram emmiting thing, whatever it's called .

Some of it is good, and some of it is too cluttered. One thing I like to do is use only ONE color of 1x1 stud throughout the whole MOC, usually trans light blue. It just helps it look less crowded.

Not bad 'DobbyClone', a nice attempt at something not many people try....a command center or bridge of a space battleship. :thumbup:

Keep making any improvements like those 2x1 Tie fighter tiles, that will help the control panels along, now don't many crew members on that part of ship are seated at control panels operating com's/life surport/weapons ? :wink:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

Not bad 'DobbyClone', a nice attempt at something not many people try....a command center or bridge of a space battleship. :thumbup:

Keep making any improvements like those 2x1 Tie fighter tiles, that will help the control panels along, now don't many crew members on that part of ship are seated at control panels operating com's/life surport/weapons ? :wink:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

The weaponry is located below the other part of the bridge, not here. They're all standing up, this is for commanding assaults, not the nitty-gritty work that the other clones do :grin:

Great job on this. I feel you may be a little short on some pieces because of some off colors, but it is understandable with your other large creations. Other pictures would be appreciated.

Great job :thumbup:

Correct.

Hmm

I like it. By command centre do you mean the area at the rear of the bridge?

Oh, this is the rear! And here I was looking for large triangular windows. :blush:

Oh, this is the rear! And here I was looking for large triangular windows. :blush:

Oh yes It's a slightly different version of This.

Great job on this. I feel you may be a little short on some pieces because of some off colors, but it is understandable with your other large creations. Other pictures would be appreciated.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks, yup very short on bricks.

:laugh:

Oh yes It's a slightly different version of This.

Yeah,

-Elevators

-Blast Doors

Hologram pod

-Blast doors

-ViewPorts

OK, I was thinking the exact same thing. You get all the credit for being original, but I feel the same way.

It's hard to determine that it's specifically from the Venetor, but like the Doctor said, I don't know the location well enough.

OK, I was thinking the exact same thing. You get all the credit for being original, but I feel the same way.

It's hard to determine that it's specifically from the Venetor, but like the Doctor said, I don't know the location well enough.

This is the exact problem that I had-All TCW episodes that included this section of the bridge are out of focus or unclear.

At some point I will likely do the entire bridge at minifig scale, which would be sorta cool to get an idea pf what a minifig-scale Venator would look like...

Nice work. I don't know why so many complain about accuracy, I think it's pretty accurate to the show. It reminds me of my own rendition of this room, but yours is better because it didn't have a size restriction. Here's the reference that I had used (again, credit to def for the screenshot):

19strategyroom.jpg

Not bad! I can't say I like the trans red/orange stuff though. The door way and the center command table are great! :thumbup: