Pandora

2012 Friends Discussion Thread

Another tip - don't try cutting the crotch area to give them independant moving legs. I tried and it doesn't work like I thought it would.

Just cutting doesn't work but I did get independent legs after quite a bit of work.

Just cutting doesn't work but I did get independent legs after quite a bit of work.

Care to share what work? Maybe you are more patient (or smarter)than I am, but I couldn't figure out a decent way to go about it that would still look good. I eventually figured the payoff wasn't worth the effort and I gave up. The bright side is that Heartlake now has a serial killer that dismembers her victims and leaves body parts lying around.

I just found a single copy of 30105 Mailbox at Walmart today. Strangely, there weren't any other polybags there. I couldn't drive myself to pick it up, though.

I was at Legoland Windsor today and thought I should share something that I heard from one of the members of staff about Friends.

They said they they were stopping stocking it... Why? I hear you ask.... Because it is too popular, they just can't keep it on the shelves!!

Now that sounds very wierd to me, maybe they meant in that particular shop, not on the site altogether, enabling them to concentrate all their stock in one shop so that people can find the sets they want.

What they said about it not staying on the shelves was totally correct, by the end of the day the friends shelves were decimated, about the only sets left were 3315 Olivia's House and a couple of copies of 3933 Olivia's Invention Workshop

D

I was at Legoland Windsor today and thought I should share something that I heard from one of the members of staff about Friends.

They said they they were stopping stocking it... Why? I hear you ask.... Because it is too popular, they just can't keep it on the shelves!!

Now that sounds very wierd to me, maybe they meant in that particular shop, not on the site altogether, enabling them to concentrate all their stock in one shop so that people can find the sets they want.

What they said about it not staying on the shelves was totally correct, by the end of the day the friends shelves were decimated, about the only sets left were 3315 Olivia's House and a couple of copies of 3933 Olivia's Invention Workshop

D

Legoland Windsor is an odd place for buying Lego. Quite often they'll have older or less popular sets. Maybe they figure tourists will buy any old rubbish and so don't bother with good stuff? It was only last year they started doing the bigger 'exclusive' sets and architecture, but then they don't give you a discount like they do on normal sales (if you have an annual pass)

Legoland Windsor is an odd place for buying Lego. Quite often they'll have older or less popular sets. Maybe they figure tourists will buy any old rubbish and so don't bother with good stuff? It was only last year they started doing the bigger 'exclusive' sets and architecture, but then they don't give you a discount like they do on normal sales (if you have an annual pass)

I think especially at the beginning of the season their stock is a bit out of date as it's last years, and remember they are not a real Lego shop hence no VIP points. It is a real pain about the lack of discount on the 10*** sets though.

Nearly bought 7597 Toy Story Train as it had a good discount on it in the Last Chance store (above Star Wars Miniland) it was about 30 or 40% off I can't remember exactly

D

Finally found this thread. Unfortunately it did not provide me with what I came looking for.

Why in the Town forum can we easily find the set info on all the City sets but not for Friends? (Why is Friends not part of the Special Themes forum anyway? The minifigs hardly go together, just like Fabuland & Belville, and they are in the Special Themes forum.) There isn't even a sticky for Friends, or a convenient link to it that I could find. Or would I find all of this if I had access to the Ladies' Lounge?

Finally found this thread. Unfortunately it did not provide me with what I came looking for.

What were you looking for?

Friends reviews can be found in the review index. And with the release of pictures of the second wave of Friends sets, we should really update the first post with pictures (soon... :blush: ).

(Why is Friends not part of the Special Themes forum anyway? The minifigs hardly go together, just like Fabuland & Belville, and they are in the Special Themes forum.)

The decision was made because Friends uses a City setting with many buildings that could easily be integrated into an average tabletown. Also, the scale is more or less the same. Some themes just don't "naturally" fit in one of our theme forums, so a decision has to be made on where to put them (like putting LotR in Historic Themes and PotC in Pirates, as opposed to Licensed Themes).

Or would I find all of this if I had access to the Ladies' Lounge?

No, the Ladies don't get any preferential treatment. At least not when it comes to accessing Friends information. :wink:

Pictures of the Summer wave of Friends sets (click for higher resolution images):

thumbs_lego-friends-3063-flightschool-with-seaplane-boxart.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3063-flightschool-with-seaplane.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3184-adventure-rv-boxart.jpgthumbs_lego-friends-3184-adventure-rv.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3185-summer-riding-camp-boxart.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3185-summer-riding-camp.jpgthumbs_lego-friends-3186-suv-with-horse-trailer-boxart.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3186-suv-with-horse-trailer.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3189-heartlake-stables-boxart.jpgthumbs_lego-friends-3189-heartlake-stables.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3937-olivias-speedboat.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3938-andreas-rabbit-hutch-boxart.jpgthumbs_lego-friends-3938-andreas-rabbit-hutch.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3939-mias-music-room-boxart.jpg thumbs_lego-friends-3939-mias-music-room.jpg

Thanks.

What were you looking for?

Summaries of the sets, like Hinckley has done for the City sets, which I hoped would be in the first post here. (and other subforums have stickied or linked from a sticky) Do we have the first wave here somewhere too?

I know I can find existing sets pics & info on BL, Brickset etc but I thought it might be nice to see them here, as all other themes are.

Also, (now I know - but didn't before,) it's not obvious where to find Friends stuff here (on EB), as it's not listed under any of the subforums and there were no topics on the front page of any subforum, nor links in any of the stickied posts. I found this thread eventually through the search function.

Edited by Artanis I

While not a fan of the Friends line, I do like the camper, small speed boat, and the VW Microbus. I really may have to get the camper van, especially with that teal bicycle default_classic.gif

{pics of new 2012 summer friends sets}

The Boat set is cool, the Riding Club set looks nice, and the Camper set is a great recolor of the 2009 City Camper set (and I like recolors, but $30 is a bit overpriced). :sweet:

I like the sheet music in Mia's room, but the rest of the sets are bleh. The Plain set is especially disappointing. :sad:

Edited by just2good

I am looking forward mostly to the new bluish bicycle, the camper itself is not so fascinating, but the bike, surf-board and red kitchen-ware are great enough. I'm highly likely to get Mia's bedroom, whereas I'm still thinking about the Horse riding camp. I wasn't planning on buying that one, but these last pictures are showing off some interesting details, so I'll definitely consider it.

I really may have to get the camper van, especially with that teal bicycle default_classic.gif

Teal? I thought that bike was a medium azure color, but I could be mistaken.

I'll be buying Mia's music room as a parts pack. The sheet music (brasso removing the pink and teal printing on it), the drum kit design (swapping out the pink parts for black), and the book.

Now the question is, what do I do with the minidoll?

I've got a couple of these Friends sets, (they're really my little sister's, but yuknow...) :grin: And I really dig them! So many new parts and colours! :cry_happy:

I do have a question though; Are the arms of the minidolls removable? I'm sure someone's already asked, but it's not anywhere in the past 2 pages.

I love some of these upcoming sets too! Especially the riding camp set! It's huge! Also, the flight school set is great! Overall, I'm quite pleased with the theme.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks heaps Rick & Hinck for the updates, much appreciated.

A little advice for Mia: probably not a good idea to play drums in a short skirt...

These new sets looks amazing. It's Paradisa 2.0!There is so many cute details (can you see marshmalows?!), new horses looks great and I am impresed how much playablity they have without any traps and flickfire missles!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

HR image of the Advent Calendar!

b_3316_box_side_800.jpg

Enjoy!

HR image of the Advent Calendar!

{pic}

Enjoy!

Thanks again 'GRogall' for the billionth time. :tongue:

Considering the set is $35, it doesn't look like it will be worth the money. I just wish they would include all five of the main characters. I do like the newly colored skis. :thumbup:

I have been told that in Oz, there are no more large sets, no more cafes, vet clinics and houses.....plus they were not getting any more in the country, why is a good question ? :look:

I spoke to the main designer at the LEGO Show at the weekend and he was awesome to speak to. He told me the Friends theme will be around fro as long as it's popular enough, just like the City theme. 2013 waves promises to be interesting.

I find myself liking these sets more and more. There are some really useful colours and bricks.

I also like the new animals.

Although the Rabbit is huge in comparison to the kitten and Puppy. :)