Hive

Prototype Castle sets

Well, good of you to post. Because if you hadn't I would probably have never seen the thread, given that it must have been a good number of pages down the list. This is fascinating though!

Yes!, thank you for bumping this thread up. Those pictures are truly awe inspiring, and like the ideas book gives you good inspirations for your own mocs. default_thumbup.gif

The "Europa" set certainly seems to be a whole combination of sets rather than just one. It is far too huge and contains too many, not at all connected, baseplates. A set of that size would be far too huge. It sure would be nice though. :wink:

Late to this, but I do love these pictures, and would snap up these sets if they ever did appear. Here's hoping, or at least for some of the parts to appear, especially the giant red roof cones.

But I also wondered that if the Europa line was test marketed before Lego decided not to produce it, are there a lucky few dozen people in Denmark who have the contents of the picture in their Lego collections?

Imagine your parents giving those away for a song when you moved out :sick: Doesn't bear thinking about.

I really like the precursor of medieval market and the medieval market! :wub:

Yeah, that one's great... also love the Troll Mountain Fortress prototype. I love the production version (I have two!), but the proto is really cool as well--it reminded me instantly of the Grom'Gol Base Camp in Stranglethorn Vale, from World of Warcraft, also populated by a bunch of green-skinned warriors :) I think it's the cloth-topped towers more than anything else.