Bonaparte

Napoleon and his army

Do you have any picture updates of what you've got so far?

There is not much to see for the new French regiments, just 10 imperial soldiers with muskets on a green plate :-D .

I'm currently buying muskets for my English line regiments and yesterday I bought 10 shako's for expanding my English riffle regiment.

Oh man this is wonderful!This couldn't be any more perfect.It's like a dream come true just see something this amazing.Even if only in my dreams....

Very cool! This is the same guy who sold that yellow Davy Jones and the bluish Captain Sparrow on the American Ebay. He has his current auctions in USD too. Bumbling though all the German I found this; (click)

russian_infantry2.jpg

Hessians!

The Star Wars stiff he sells always seems to turn out very expensive but the wonderfull historic armies turn out surprisingly cheap! It's not for me, but everything he sells looks really nice. 8-o

Hey look it's Phes the Prussian!

prussian_infantry1.jpg

*wub*

Thanks to Mr. zouave for bringing my very first post in EB back to the surface. ;-)

Those historical figs on ebay look great! But since he's trying to sell them, I don't think he'll be sharing the designs with us.

His stickers are of a better quality than my inktjet printer can make.

Hey look it's Phes the Prussian!

prussian_infantry1.jpg

I didn't know Mr. P was Prussian??

Hmm.

P

Edit:

Neither did I. It's probably just one of those Halloween costumes. Pirates love Halloween. :)

:-D

Yeah that's probably the case.

Thanks to Mr. zouave for bringing my very first post in EB back to the surface. ;-)

Those historical figs on ebay look great! But since he's trying to sell them, I don't think he'll be sharing the designs with us.

His stickers are of a better quality than my inktjet printer can make.

Being the avid collector and minifig customizer that you are, would you ever buy some of this guy's napoleonic minifigures, Lord Bonaparte?

I didn't know Mr. P was Prussian??

Hmm.

P

Neither did I. It's probably just one of those Halloween costumes. Pirates love Halloween. :)

Being the avid collector and minifig customizer that you are, would you ever buy some of this guy's napoleonic minifigures, Lord Bonaparte?

I might buy some Prussians/Austrians/Russians when they are not too expensive. I would like to see how those special helmets are made.

For French and British I just use the official figs.

Here are some experiments with

- Stickers of the Austrian Infantry

- fireware helmets

- acryl colours (used for warhammer) mixable with water (I like that)

- some children plastilin

austrian.jpg

I might buy some Prussians/Austrians/Russians when they are not too expensive. I would like to see how those special helmets are made.

For French and British I just use the official figs.

That's a statement from his ebay home page:

About my creations...

My custom minifigs are usually made with decals that I have created. Parts like helmets and heads are painted with high quality modelling paints. Some characters have custom modelled heads. The heads are made with polymer putty and removable like standard Lego heads.

If you are interested in a certain character, please let me know!

Here are some experiments with

- Stickers of the Austrian Infantry

- fireware helmets

- acryl colours (used for warhammer) mixable with water (I like that)

- some children plastilin

Oooooooo goodie! More designs for the Library!

I wish someday soon you will set up these minifigs in a huge battle scene.

All you need is some baseplates and natural scenes, trees, rivers etc... it would be great.

My French army has changed a lot since the last time I updated this topic with pictures.

I just bought 27 imperial soldiers via BL today.

When these arrive (from Germany), I'll take some new pictures.

hehe if you need some more imperial soldiers i have about 30 of them. or perhaps they are just captured enemy soldiers :-D do you have any plan of how big you are going to make this army? if you have some imperial guards we can trade POW's ;-) really like your army my friend

Wow your army's big man!

I `specially like the hats made out of tire's, since they're made out of lego pieces.

I hope i have enough figure's to fill my ship....

Edited by phred

do you have any plan of how big you are going to make this army?

I'm a bit late with replying, but I was waiting for fresh troops to arrive.

Today I got another 27 imperial soldiers. I could buy them in a German BL shop.

Next weekend I hope to find time to take pictures of the army as it is today.

I need to do some un-dusting first. And make some flags and standards for the new troops.

However, I have well over 200 French line infantry now, and I think the army is as big as I want it to be.

The total number of troops of my French army is now around 300. Maybe even more. I'll provide exact figures once the new pics are ready.

From now on I'll invest in MOCs in stead of minifigs. But who knows, I might change my mind next week :-D .

Edited by Bonaparte

Armada Yoda, you certainly know your history - right down to the very grapes!

I am a super huge fan of Napoleon and French History. I began studying Marie Antoinette at the age of 5 and learned about Napoleon and his amazing battles and work only two years later. I would offer you thousands just to get my hands on the collection of soldiers.

I would offer you thousands just to get my hands on the collection of soldiers.

Thousands of Euro's? :pir-laugh:

Btw, I've stopped updating this thread, go here for following the evolution of my French army!

Welcome at Eurobricks :pir-wink: