Masked Builder

[MOC] The Canyon Of Nar Shadda

gallery_101_23_281.gif

img_3236.jpg

Begin Log:

With the death Sergeant Diablo, we were sent to the canyon to retrieve the Nova Crystals from the crash site. After heavy fighting, we managed to make our way there under fire. Once we took out the droid snipers, Spike started moving the crystals out, while Drath laid down cover fire.....

End Log

img_3226.jpg

img_3225.jpg

img_3232.jpg

img_3228.jpg

img_3229.jpg

img_3233.jpg

img_3235.jpg

img_3237.jpg

img_3230.jpg

Here's your picture Brickdoctor. No half pins here!

This was my favorite build for the 457th Corps group on Flickr yet. Mainly because I though that I had the best idea yet. The over all design of this MOC is simple but I focused on posing the figs some more and creating a huge "roaring" fire.

Built March 2011

Brickshelf

Flickr

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Hello!

The flames construction you've set up here is very realistic. It looks like really being in motion. Great technique! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

The explosion is very nice! My two big gripes are: it's a mine..so we need to see some rocks. A tiled surface would be nice. I also can't say I love the inclusion of TLGs BARC(As I despise it). With that being said it's a very nice vig. I especially like the use of the flame attached to the droid head :sweet:

Great looking vig you have there 'Masked Builder' and those flames...nice, the droid on the ground...excellent and the trooper taking aim....perfect.

Yeah, some rocks would have been nice but I can see by the size of the base...not much room to move with rocks there ! :grin:

Nice work and Brick On 'MB' ! :grin:

I love the scope in the lead picture and the whole setup looks good. The placement of the figs is right on IMO.

Pretty nice vig MB, the burning of the BARC really is the highlight of this one. For such a small base I'd say it's packed just right, not overly done yet not too bare also. Good job! :thumbup:

I don't know what it is about the base the MOC is on Masked Builder but I real like it for some reason, The MOC its self is really good as well, The inferno is especially good, and the helmet tassel as flame on the droid is great.

Thanks guys!

My two big gripes are: it's a mine..so we need to see some rocks. A tiled surface would be nice.

Well the whole planet can't be a mine can it? Anyways, I was going for some part of the planet that wasn't part of the mine.

Great looking vig you have there 'Masked Builder' and those flames...nice, the droid on the ground...excellent and the trooper taking aim....perfect.

Thanks! The posing was probably the funnest part of the build.

Quite brutal and a lot of fire! I really like how you've attached a minifigure hand to the end of the small blaster as a shoulder part! Very creative!